The Falkirk FC Thread

People love Robson for the same reason they slag Doyle.
He’s a shit defender who acts the goat off the park and thinks he’s a great laugh.
I cant think of any examples of the same sort of social media japery from Robson as Doyle gets up to. The drinking thing was pure rumour.

3 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Totally agree with you on that. The boy before was talking about his off the field antics being comparable with Robsons.

I’d like to see Robson v Doyle on a bleep test.

Robson was and still is a mess with the drink off the park.

Doyle's fitness cannot be questioned, that guy is up and down the pitch throughout the 90. 

5 minutes ago, champions said:

Doyle's fitness cannot be questioned, that guy is up and down the pitch throughout the 90. 

Probably one of our fastest players also and busts a gut but his end product is what that lets him down.

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Still far from convinced about the defence when we play the better sides in the league.

Our defence is a calamity waiting to happen against the league's better sides, and we have been fortunate that Mutch seems to have evolved into a superhero keeper who has probably been the main contributor to our good defence stats.

I was just thinking if there are very limited funds, then, based on stats, the defence would not be the first area to try and strengthen.

13 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

If you play football manager the first thing... well second thing (first is lack of pace) you notice is the amount of deep lying play makers we have, not a natural box-to-box, ball winner or advanced midfielder in the squad.  

You realise the positions/ratings in Football Manager are just done by some random fan, and in some cases by people who haven't even seen your team play? 

13 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

If you play football manager the first thing... well second thing (first is lack of pace) you notice is the amount of deep lying play makers we have, not a natural box-to-box, ball winner or advanced midfielder in the squad.  Tidser, McShane, Gomes, Telfer and Leitch all do the same job.

*inhales sharply through teeth*

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You realise the positions/ratings in Football Manager are just done by some random fan, and in some cases by people who haven't even seen your team play? 

The guy that used to do Ayr's stats posted on here. I've never forgiven him for making them pretty much unbeatable in CM 03/04. They would always get Stefan Schwarz in as player manager. They had James Grady and would always sign Martin Bavidge.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

“If you play football manager” end the post there.

I don't understand why we didn't just savescum the season we were relegated from the SPL.

Our defence is a calamity waiting to happen against the league's better sides, and we have been fortunate that Mutch seems to have evolved into a superhero keeper who has probably been the main contributor to our good defence stats.
I was just thinking if there are very limited funds, then, based on stats, the defence would not be the first area to try and strengthen.

Robbie Mutch [emoji7]

As long as Mutch is producing the goods on the field then Bell has time on his side to heal, as mentioned defence is last of the problems at the moment if we go up then it needs work/rebuilt Durnan.  Would like to see the new lad Hall get a start but that means Durnan either getting injured/suspended/red carded or in his case probably all 3 at the same time.

If you look at the games where we played the top 3 coincidentally and am not just saying this but the standard of refereeing was the worst i have seen East Fife/Raith and Airdrie if i am right in saying i think the ref for the Airdrie game was the same as the East Fife game we should have took more but decisions going against us. That being said we should have had a bit more about us to kill those games off but decisions going against didn't help matters.

As long as Mutch is producing the goods on the field then Bell has time on his side to heal, as mentioned defence is last of the problems at the moment if we go up then it needs work/rebuilt Durnan.  Would like to see the new lad Hall get a start but that means Durnan either getting injured/suspended/red carded or in his case probably all 3 at the same time.

If you look at the games where we played the top 3 coincidentally and am not just saying this but the standard of refereeing was the worst i have seen East Fife/Raith and Airdrie if i am right in saying i think the ref for the Airdrie game was the same as the East Fife game we should have took more but decisions going against us. That being said we should have had a bit more about us to kill those games off but decisions going against didn't help matters.
I have been at 2 games against EF and the home games against Raith and Airdrie. IMO we have never looked like winning any of them, bar a brief period at ten men all agaisnt Raith. The East Fife games were of the "play all night and neither team will score" variety.

The refereeing is awful, but our performances against the teams around us... The blame for those lies squarely with us. We havent (except for the first 45 minutes at Raith) got after these games at all.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I have been at 2 games against EF and the home games against Raith and Airdrie. IMO we have never looked like winning any of them, bar a brief period at ten men all agaisnt Raith. The East Fife games were of the "play all night and neither team will score" variety.

The refereeing is awful, but our performances against the teams around us... The blame for those lies squarely with us. We havent (except for the first 45 minutes at Raith) got after these games at all.

I think we've brought the ref down to our level in these games.

Does anybody know how the monthly thing for Falkirk TV works, I am out the country until April so won’t be back till the play offs. Can you do a monthly subscription and then cancel whenever you want? Any help appreciated.
Yeah you can pay it monthly.

One issue I've found is if you try to watch on 4G on a UK phone while you're away it thinks you're in the UK and blocks you. Works fine on foreign WIFI or a VPN. Also works with a chromecast.

Another issue is of you try to pause it or become disconnected from the stream for any reason you have to refresh the page or the video won't work.

Finally, clicking on watch live on the menu does nothing. You have to expand the menu by clicking on the arrow then selecting live video.

I think we've brought the ref down to our level in these games.
To the best of my recollection, the only game changing call in any of these games would be Telfers red. And my thoughts on that are well documented already.

All the rest of the time the refs are just generally shit.

We were certainly unlucky with the refereeing decisions that went against us in the games against Raith and Airdrie. Hopefully they will even themselves up later in the season. Against East Fife, the ref was howlingly bad, however was just as bad for both teams - the game could still be going on now and neither side would have scored.

If your referring to the RR away game, where we were 2 0 up and completely passed one ? 
This was the best 35/40 minutes of football I’ve seen in two seasons. Then the imposter RM couldn’t see the change we required, but 1200 of us seen ?
Yeah. The only time we have really had a go at another of the top teams