The Falkirk FC Thread

He was on loan from Chelsea out of contract signed for Sunderland (Academy) and now about to be out of contract again this summer.

Hartley had signed players for all the right positions the only problem was they were p*sh and looked as if they had never seen a football before.

Special mentions goes to Dallison who never put in a challenge for a central defender and Dennon (they racially abused me) Lewis best one i remember i think it was Dundee Utd where the ball was cross to him he managed to trap it then ran off without the ball comedy value at its highest.

Nothing will ever compare to his shitehousery against the Fifers.
A hanging offence imo.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

We absolutely need a creative CM*. I hope this is a reliable source and you're not just getting my hopes up.

*I expect this description of him will be met with ridicule from Falkirk posters but that's what he was for us and we haven't had a creative CM close to him since he departed.

ETA. I'd take Todd back in a heartbeat. He'd waltz it in League 1 if you get him.

Sometimes players work at some clubs and don't at some, Mark Millar comes to mind as one.

I've never really rated McShane against us tbh but never seemed like a grafter and very few times he has with us. 

Any room for Tidser too ?

Lex is low-balling on all contract offers. Longridge has been offered less than what he is currently on.

If true this is where things are just not thought through.

If we decide to save a few quid now and don’t go up how much is that going to cost? If happened the January when Holt was the manager. History may well repeat itself because of penny pinching

Sometimes players work at some clubs and don't at some, Mark Millar comes to mind as one.
I've never really rated McShane against us tbh but never seemed like a grafter and very few times he has with us. 
Any room for Tidser too ?
McShane was never really a grafter, in the sense of tackling, with us either. He was more the creative sort. We have plenty of DM's but are severely lacking someone who will fire a forward pass from CM. I reckon he'd fill that gap.

I thought Tidser was Ayr bound?

McShane was never really a grafter, in the sense of tackling, with us either. He was more the creative sort. We have plenty of DM's but are severely lacking someone who will fire a forward pass from CM. I reckon he'd fill that gap.

I thought Tidser was Ayr bound?

Lovejoy is just too passive. He should be demanding the ball all over the pitch, but too rarely does.

Once in a blue moon he absolutely bosses games. Not nearly often enough.

21 minutes ago, champions said:

I actually dont mind mcshane in the sense that he'll try and get the ball down and play a forward pass, unfortunately he just doesn't get involved enough.

Not sure which Mcshane you have been watching? 

He is chronic - take Airdrie away, one of the worst games I have witnesses in a long but it was crying out for a half decent CM to put his foot on the ball or pull it from the air and do something with it. 

Mcshane constantly opted to blooter the ball higher than the first player... 

Youd get a bollocking for that at amateur level as a CM... 

If you play football manager the first thing... well second thing (first is lack of pace) you notice is the amount of deep lying play makers we have, not a natural box-to-box, ball winner or advanced midfielder in the squad.  Tidser, McShane, Gomes, Telfer and Leitch all do the same job. 
Miller appears to be doing the ball winning midfielder quite well. I’d happily sign another one to replace McShane or Tidser. We need to be able to out battle teams and allow our better players to play in the final third. 

31 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Tidser played this role with Morton, wtf happened to him ?

Ask Tidser.  I actually thought he was a superb addition when we signed him. I still believe he's a lot more in his locker than he has shown, there is definitely a player there but for all parties it's maybe best he moves, Gomis runs midfield. 

30 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Ask Tidser.  I actually thought he was a superb addition when we signed him. I still believe he's a lot more in his locker than he has shown, there is definitely a player there but for all parties it's maybe best he moves, Gomis runs midfield. 

Ask Miller and McCracken more like, they’re the ones freezing him out. 

1 hour ago, Cheeringmango said:

Not sure which Mcshane you have been watching? 

He is chronic - take Airdrie away, one of the worst games I have witnesses in a long but it was crying out for a half decent CM to put his foot on the ball or pull it from the air and do something with it. 

Mcshane constantly opted to blooter the ball higher than the first player... 

Youd get a bollocking for that at amateur level as a CM... 

Disagree, airdrie away he was one of a few who tried to get it down, just unfortunate that game descended into a battle of hoofball that passed the midfield by.  Raith at home and Montrose away he was decent but not spectacular. Main issue for me is he just doesn't get involved enough or bust a gut to get forward.  Would definitely be for the best to try and move him on and replace him with someone more forward thinking and energetic.

Edited by champions

If you play football manager the first thing... well second thing (first is lack of pace) you notice is the amount of deep lying play makers we have, not a natural box-to-box, ball winner or advanced midfielder in the squad.  Tidser, McShane, Gomes, Telfer and Leitch all do the same job. 
Miller appears to be doing the ball winning midfielder quite well. I’d happily sign another one to replace McShane or Tidser. We need to be able to out battle teams and allow our better players to play in the final third. 
Tidser just signed for Leeds from Falkirk in my FM game (albeit FM 2012). Mark Durnan (spookily also at Falkirk) has 16 pace and keeps getting linked with my English championship Worcester City side. Nuff said about FM [emoji848]

I actually dont mind mcshane in the sense that he'll try and get the ball down and play a forward pass, unfortunately he just doesn't get involved enough.
Agree with this. He whips in a decent cross on the rare occasion he gets out wide also.

A Partick fan at work is saying that they are looking to release Tommy Robson if they can get more defensive cover in this month.

Would we take him back? Maybe move Dixon into the CH.

My mate says he has been absolutely gantin when he’s managed to start with Partick. Although he has played about every position on the park and never been settled in one position.

We absolutely need a creative CM*. I hope this is a reliable source and you're not just getting my hopes up.  

*I expect this description of him will be met with ridicule from Falkirk posters but that's what he was for us and we haven't had a creative CM close to him since he departed.

ETA. I'd take Todd back in a heartbeat. He'd waltz it in League 1 if you get him.

Some players are crap everywhere they go other than one club where they shine. For us, it was Scott McKenzie. For you, it might well be McShane who has given us little beyond a handful of cameos. He just looks completely jaded at TFS, and offers us very little. He is near enough the perfect example of McKinnon signing “names” rather than football players with a point to prove.

When we had Pressley, he could pick out a player, but not build a team. Houston was good at building a team, but highly questionable on picking out a player.

McKinnon could do neither. He is a bit like Jim Leishman....always happy to ride the next gravy train until it runs out of cash.

3 hours ago, BudBairn said:

Does anybody know how the monthly thing for Falkirk TV works, I am out the country until April so won’t be back till the play offs. Can you do a monthly subscription and then cancel whenever you want? Any help appreciated.

Yes

Disagree, airdrie away he was one of a few who tried to get it down, just unfortunate that game descended into a battle of hoofball that passed the midfield by.  Raith at home and Montrose away he was decent but not spectacular. Main issue for me is he just doesn't get involved enough or bust a gut to get forward.  Would definitely be for the best to try and move him on and replace him with someone more forward thinking and energetic.

You are fucking rubbish McShane now f**k off back to Dumfries where you were apparently Lionel Messi