The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

No limit to cross border temporary transfers. 

So you're saying we can absolutely stuff the team with unknown loan players from down south, literally as many as we want?  Yeah, let's do that, nothing bad could happen i'm sure.

Why do I sense ^ is a conversation that may have occurred at some point between Messrs Hartley and Mitch.

Hearing McShane has been offered to Queen of the South amongst others. Don’t even know if they need a central midfielder but they’ve one less player now El Bak is away.
You'd think they'd go for someone like Todd before McShane

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
You'd think they'd go for someone like Todd before McShane

McShane is pretty highly regarded at Queens I think

I think Todd is too, played for 18 months before getting his move to Dundee. If they've got the pennies they could be interested in both.

Hearing McShane has been offered to Queen of the South amongst others. Don’t even know if they need a central midfielder but they’ve one less player now El Bak is away.

We absolutely need a creative CM*. I hope this is a reliable source and you're not just getting my hopes up.

*I expect this description of him will be met with ridicule from Falkirk posters but that's what he was for us and we haven't had a creative CM close to him since he departed.

ETA. I'd take Todd back in a heartbeat. He'd waltz it in League 1 if you get him.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Most of us didnt realise Mckinnon was going to be quite that bad though.  A half decent manager would've had us top by a good few points by now.

McKinnon showed absolutely no signs last season of being a half-decent manager. He got us relegated and should have been emptied in May. It was obvious how shite he was when looking at his tenure with any kind of objectivity 

44 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

So you're saying we can absolutely stuff the team with unknown loan players from down south, literally as many as we want?  Yeah, let's do that, nothing bad could happen i'm sure.

Why do I sense ^ is a conversation that may have occurred at some point between Messrs Hartley and Mitch.

Pretty much mate. Remember when Killie went mental under Lee Clark as well and signed about 5 right backs?

I'm not sure about Hartkey's trebuchet inducing summer spree but the likes of Sammut ( i think he was a loan?) wouldnt have counted against SPFL domestic temporary transfer limits.

6 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Pretty much mate. Remember when Killie went mental under Lee Clark as well and signed about 5 right backs?

I'm not sure about Hartkey's trebuchet inducing summer spree but the likes of Sammut ( i think he was a loan?) wouldnt have counted against SPFL domestic temporary transfer limits.

He was on loan from Chelsea out of contract signed for Sunderland (Academy) and now about to be out of contract again this summer.

Hartley had signed players for all the right positions the only problem was they were p*sh and looked as if they had never seen a football before.

Special mentions goes to Dallison who never put in a challenge for a central defender and Dennon (they racially abused me) Lewis best one i remember i think it was Dundee Utd where the ball was cross to him he managed to trap it then ran off without the ball comedy value at its highest.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

McKinnon showed absolutely no signs last season of being a half-decent manager. He got us relegated and should have been emptied in May. It was obvious how shite he was when looking at his tenure with any kind of objectivity 

Aye but even Ally Mccoist got sevco out this league at a canter. 

We absolutely need a creative CM*. I hope this is a reliable source and you're not just getting my hopes up.  

*I expect this description of him will be met with ridicule from Falkirk posters but that's what he was for us and we haven't had a creative CM close to him since he departed.

ETA. I'd take Todd back in a heartbeat. He'd waltz it in League 1 if you get him.

We’ve definitely not seen the best of him. Can’t believe he got 11 assists in a championship league winning team previously. Maybe a fresh start would help him.

He’s either very friendly or family with Lewis Kidd who’s already there, played for the club previously, would make logical sense for him to move back. Frees up a wage for us if we are looking at Todd.

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

We’ve definitely not seen the best of him. Can’t believe he got 11 assists in a championship league winning team previously. Maybe a fresh start would help him.

He’s either very friendly or family with Lewis Kidd who’s already there, played for the club previously, would make logical sense for him to move back. Frees up a wage for us if we are looking at Todd.

Hes been a real let down with us since he signed.  Even at league one level he looks poor. At championship level he was a complete liability at times. Had high Hope's when he signed but he just hasn't performed.