The Falkirk FC Thread

If it’s Ross County he’s referring to it could be anything from a permanent transfer or another player on loan, some size of squad they’ve got up there 

Had a look at their squad and not sure who he could be referring to, Iain Vigurs hasn’t played a lot of football for them so with Tidser and/or McShane on the way out could be a possibility. Scored an absolute peach against us last season.

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Didnt they mention any players over the 18 originally budgetted for would be paid for by the board or the MSG ?

Which is probably why they dont want to fork out too much

They did say that but it was without a doubt a lie, no chanve the MSG will be putting any money in for extra players.

We should not be f***ing about here, give the players what they want for 6 months and get out this f***ing league, the club recently received 100K they were not expecting from Liverpool that should be getting used IMO.

13 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Longridge is 100% holding out for more money. If someone offers him it he’ll be away if not he’ll sign.
He won’t be in any rush to commit to our offer as he can’t play for a few weeks anyway. The club may well set him a deadline but if not this will drag on until he’s fit to play. 

My understanding is there is a deal on the table at Falkirk but Raith are offering a better deal. Don’t think Louis wants to leave the club but he’s got to do what’s right for himself. 

12 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Why wouldn't he come to the mighty part time east fife if we managed to get him a job out of football as well...

Nah im kidding hes after£800pw+ and has an offer from a team in the USA which looks increasingly likely.

Is there a footballer in the country whose wages you aren't privy to?

39 minutes ago, RabC73 said:

My understanding is there is a deal on the table at Falkirk but Raith are offering a better deal. Don’t think Louis wants to leave the club but he’s got to do what’s right for himself. 

Not a chance we'd be offering more money.

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Get him to f**k. Let's concentrate on either young players who want to improve their prospects or senior players who may be on the fringes at a higher level and see us as a way to bump-start their careers. Anybody here solely for the money can just go. 

Agree but are where we are and there are better options available. It's a hard one to take but we are not the club that Vaulks saw as the one where a young player will get a chance.

On the positive side of things Mutch-Miller-Gomis-McManus are a good spine to build on with maybe a couple of other maybes. I would like to see how Hall and Dixon get on as a centre back pairing there could be something there. Can't be worse than what we have at present.

20 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Thing is the MC debacle was played out to give them the "saviours of the club" from the fans in reality it should never have got that far and MC should never have been wheeled out in the first place. The consortium of local business men got pissed about as did Gowser and anyone else who showed in interest and from an outsider looking in all this to stick 2 fingers up at the fans so as there no change and we are stuck in limbo in a number of ways boycot the club and hurt the club financially effectively fucking the club over and the MSG not giving a shite.  No additional monies coming into the club from the MSG due to the fact they are bored and not happy being resent by the rest of us again hurting the club more than them.

The other parties interested were strung out and what it looks like made to jump through hoops to meet the MSG and even at the final one had the carpet pulled from underneath them.

Reality is as stated we have our lot and need to lump it but in amongst it they appointed a man with no knowledge of running a football club to basically run a football club and between the disasters he presided over i.e. the crest copyright and threatening to take fans to court over copyright when it had expired, then the closure of the academy to save money and the club and put all the money into the first team (which apparently didn't happen anyway).

Then you had the Project Hartley and handing the recruitment to a Scout/Agent to sign a full team who no one had basically seen resulting in a pay off of ANOTHER entire first team, sacking of a manager no doubt with a pay off then have to sign ANOTHER first team.

The accusations of fans subjecting a player to racial abuse which made the national press only to be found to be nothing of the sort and a comment of "f**k off back to the lower leagues where you came from" being taken as rascist (to be fair he is there now in the lower leagues of England)

Then we have McKinnongate to appoint a manager on the basis of his stats (mainly draws) and that he could walk out of his contract at GMFC without having to pay any compensation to being fined, guilty of tapping a manager (wasnae aware he had money to tap ..lol) and just for good measure and a boot in the balls pay compensation to Morton.

Then you have a director resign due to being threatened by another director.

(just reading that back and it actually highlights how much of a basket case of a club we are)

Most of the major sins here were by Craig Campbell as you allude to.

Crazy Maggie Lang was complicit but I see her more as a victim now, swept along like all of the BOD and MSG by CC's PowerPoints, spreadsheets & busted Brentford model he read about in a book.        

How those idiots allowed someone who freely admitted to not knowing how to run a football club …...errrrr....run a football club I will never know.

CC murdered our academy because it looked good on a balance sheet - now we worship journeymen and beg clubs to let us keep their loan players rather than have 5 or 6 of our own in the squad. 

I know I harp on about this all the time but I have now seen a worrying trend from a new bunch -  the "Äch we are where we are so the football is fine by me "  brigade.

No it is not and we should not let those in charge away with it. We are a shell of a club now and that has only happened in recent years.

If we go up this squad is shit,  and we just become perennial Championship strugglers. 

1 minute ago, Hank von Hell said:

I know I harp on about this all the time but I have now seen a worrying trend from a new bunch -  the "Äch we are where we are so the football is fine by me "  brigade.

I've been banging on about this for a few years now.

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've been banging on about this for a few years now.

We are where we are is a reality check. It is a wake up call to those that expected the league to be won by xmas. Remember all these posts about decreasing crowds with 6 -7 goal victories week after week making it boring.

It was always a complacent attitude for some to have. Those that remember visiting these grounds in the 70s misery could tell you that.

28 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We are where we are is a reality check. It is a wake up call to those that expected the league to be won by xmas. Remember all these posts about decreasing crowds with 6 -7 goal victories week after week making it boring.

It was always a complacent attitude for some to have. Those that remember visiting these grounds in the 70s misery could tell you that.

Most of us didnt realise Mckinnon was going to be quite that bad though.  A half decent manager would've had us top by a good few points by now.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Most of us didnt realise Mckinnon was going to be quite that bad though.  A half decent manager would've had us top by a good few points by now.

But if you remember McKinnons quote of "if are within touching distance of the top by chrristmas we are on track" for the money he had available to him we should be sitting comfortable at the top. 

realistically there were not that many thinking we are going to run away with the league especially after the shambles of last season.