The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am to be convinced we will see many more coming through the doors, sadly unless people go out first. 

Totally agree. I believe we have 1 loan option left so think we’ll utilise that and try and get someone in from the leagues above. That aside, any signings will be to replace those who leave.
IMO we will see McShane go and we’ll probably try and free up Tidsers wage one way or another. Cammy Bell might be another as although he hasn’t let us down I think his wage might be better used elsewhere. 
Surely 2 or 3 good signings and keeping McManus wins us the league?

Key positions to fill are the wings for me. Miller and Gomis in midfield is an excellent engine room for this level. Telfer as much as he’s a little scrote is also excellent to come off the bench. McManus and Sammon seem to be linking up well now too. If we can get a couple guys in to provide some creativity on the wings, we’ll be in a good place (relatively speaking) for the second part of the season.

If I was to be greedy, another striker to come in wouldn’t go a miss either.

Horrible time of year for wheeling and dealing, let’s hope M&M are calling up any favours owed during their respective careers.
As said it’s maybe only three players that could make the difference to winning this shitey league. ( my concern is who’s taking some of our shite )
Not to worry, Lex has it all under control

Longridge is 100% holding out for more money. If someone offers him it he’ll be away if not he’ll sign.
He won’t be in any rush to commit to our offer as he can’t play for a few weeks anyway. The club may well set him a deadline but if not this will drag on until he’s fit to play. 

Difficult one, enjoyed Longridge first spell, and although he’s had an influence on the stats since his return, tend to agree that he'd be one the first players signed. 
We can only speculate that he’s waiting on agent whoring him to the likes of Scum x 3 (fife) or the injury picked up is more of a concern. Sure M&M have this covered [emoji51]

Can’t see him going back to Dunfermline as he had a horrid time there and the fans didn’t rate him as far as I can remember.

He won’t drop to Part-time with East Fife.

Quite a few Falkirk fans have told him to sign an extension instead of signing for the Rovers and he’s been liking every one of those tweets. Even though, that isn’t really a good source, I can’t see him signing for us. Although he would make up for the loss of Jamie Gullan.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I wish we has someone who could reach the dizzy heights of occasional mediocrity in charge rather than the gaggle of calamitous, Benny Hill of business type morons we currently have.

Intrigued by exactly who would be Benny, and which BoD members would be running after him/her topless, wearing helmets? Guess it’s the fruits of an ill-spent youth and too much Yackey Sax.

Can’t see him going back to Dunfermline as he had a horrid time there and the fans didn’t rate him as far as I can remember.

He won’t drop to Part-time with East Fife.

Quite a few Falkirk fans have told him to sign an extension instead of signing for the Rovers and he’s been liking every one of those tweets. Even though, that isn’t really a good source, I can’t see him signing for us. Although he would make up for the loss of Jamie Gullan.
Why wouldn't he come to the mighty part time east fife if we managed to get him a job out of football as well...

Nah im kidding hes after£800pw+ and has an offer from a team in the USA which looks increasingly likely.

16 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Here’s hoping M&M have made there decision one way or another, and not being held to ransom. I’m sure as many have said that any new arrivals will be based on departures, however half way through month and it’s all a bit quiet.....

They've not helped themselves by rushing to tie up resources in the likes of De Vita and Leitch. I don't get the hurry to sign De Vita on 1st January at all. I doubt we had much, if any competition for him. Leitch is the kind of thing you do on the last day of the window when you have a couple of hundred quid surplus in the budget and could do with padding out the squad. We should have waited to see what is happening with Longridge before going down that road. McGlynn is looking for two players but is content to wait, despite their injury list. We should have done the same. Hopefully any further signings that are made this month will be straight into the team and not the filler we have seen so far.

We need a squad of players so signing the likes of Leitch who will be on peanuts is just making sure you have options in the squad.  I very much doubt its preventing us from signing anyone else.  Miller obviously rates Da Vita and wanted him in before he perhaps went elsewhere and with longridge being out we needed options.  Longridge has previous for this kind of thing. Seems happy to sign for us when he has zero other options but then when his contract runs out he hawks himself elsewhere. He will perhaps get a gig for more money but that won't last long and he'll be out of a job again.  Wasnt bothered when he left us the last time until his replacements turned out to be complete dugshit. Thats the worry again this time.

Only issue with Longridge is if we make him play behind 2 strikers in the diamond again. 

Our midfield seems a lot more balanced as a standard 442 with Gomis & Miller in the centre.

Could maybe put LL in place of a striker and have him in behind but I really wouldn't like to go back to the narrow McKinnonball.

10 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Tbh I'm a bit meh if he re signs or not. He's hit n miss, probably been one one of our most creative players when he fancies it. But that's just it, he's more miss than hit. 

Longridge has been more miss under M & M for me, perhaps the formation change didn't help him but he hasn't scored under M & M and for me his best game has been against Raith under the new management.

If signed on again, I'd like to see him up top, perhaps in a fancy 4-3-3 / 3-4-3 or just a 4-4-2.

Its money, length of contract or the injury that's the hold up

Get him to f**k. Let's concentrate on either young players who want to improve their prospects or senior players who may be on the fringes at a higher level and see us as a way to bump-start their careers. Anybody here solely for the money can just go. 

So Miller signed an extension on less money?  That's either great business or just nonsense [emoji23]
That depends if he just accepted the initial offer or negotiated, I don't know. Lex is treating contract renewals like he's buying a car. I don't know about you but I guess pissing off a player is not the best way to sign them.

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
25 minutes ago, champions said:
So Miller signed an extension on less money?  That's either great business or just nonsense emoji23.png

That depends if he just accepted the initial offer or negotiated, I don't know. Lex is treating contract renewals like he's buying a car. I don't know about you but I guess pissing off a player is not the best way to sign them.

Didnt they mention any players over the 18 originally budgetted for would be paid for by the board or the MSG ?

Which is probably why they dont want to fork out too much