The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we can get a decent couple of signings in and keep hold of who we have we should do ok.  Until we play against Airdrie, Raith, East fife again though its difficult to say how much we have improved.

Priority signing has to be  McManus. His record with us makes him a player in demand. We must get in now or he is away.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Priority signing has to be  McManus. His record with us makes him a player in demand. We must get in now or he is away.

he's here until the end of the season, can't see him signing a PCA with us unless/until we get promoted,  he wont be wanting another season in L1.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

No chance McShane either, 18 month ago in the top league to the bottom league, if either are going it will be to the championship.

I'll be surprised if Queens Park go full time with crowds of 500+ and the kinda wage they would have to pay to get players to drop to that level.

See Gretna mk2 if they do

Time will tell I suppose. 

34 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

he's here until the end of the season, can't see him signing a PCA with us unless/until we get promoted,  he wont be wanting another season in L1.

Loan deals can be terminated. It is almost certain that clause is in the agreement between Ross County and Falkirk. You see it on a regular basis with loan plyers being recalled by their clubs. Take your point on the risk of another L1 being a factor on signing him. It just hits home we ain't the desirable destination we used to be.

Loan deals can be terminated. It is almost certain that clause is in the agreement between Ross County and Falkirk. You see it on a regular basis with loan plyers being recalled by their clubs. Take your point on the risk of another L1 being a factor on signing him. It just hits home we ain't the desirable destination we used to be.
I don't think he'd sign a PCA anyway. He'll hope he keeps up his current form and gets a better deal with a bigger club

58 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yeah although hes always been a prolific goalscorer at this level. Nothings changed there.  Its his scoring record above league one that has always been poor . 7 is the most he's ever scored in a season in the championship for insytance.

No chance McShane either, 18 month ago in the top league to the bottom league, if either are going it will be to the championship.
I'll be surprised if Queens Park go full time with crowds of 500+ and the kinda wage they would have to pay to get players to drop to that level.
See Gretna mk2 if they do
Look up Willie Haughey and see how they can go FT. [emoji106]

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Have I missed something about the QP situation?

I know they voted to go pro a few weeks ago, and they sold Hampden, but they are doing up Lesser Hampden aren't they? There's also no way I can see their board/committee throwing money around carelessly. I never saw anything about a Calum Melville type coming in either, although I may have missed it.

Backed financially by Willie Haughey who its fair to say isnt short of a bob or two.Hes pledged a transfer kitty to get a pro squad established

9 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Backed financially by Willie Haughey who its fair to say isnt short of a bob or two.Hes pledged a transfer kitty to get a pro squad established

Would still be losing money hand over fist if he's wanting to build a full time of championship quality players  squad on crowds of a couple of hundred. I would think he will be taking it one step at a time to try and ensure that its self sustaining in the long run. That and if the guy had anything to do with appointing mckinnon then he's obviously clueless when it comes to football.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would still be losing money hand over fist if he's wanting to build a full time of championship quality players  squad on crowds of a couple of hundred. I would think he will be taking it one step at a time to try and ensure that its self sustaining in the long run. That and if the guy had anything to do with appointing mckinnon then he's obviously clueless when it comes to football.

Agree with everything you say,especially your last sentence 😂

He seems to be offering players a big signing on fee out his own pocket and the wages would be similar to part time.

2 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He seems to be offering players a big signing on fee out his own pocket and the wages would be similar to part time.

Most of the players they seem to be linked with on the queens park thread are part time.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah although hes always been a prolific goalscorer at this level. Nothings changed there.  Its his scoring record above league one that has always been poor . 7 is the most he's ever scored in a season in the championship for insytance.

He takes his chances but works hard to get them. He does a shift when we don't have the ball as well. If a few more of them showed the same application we would be a far stronger position. Taking him off after the third goal to protect him from a second booking was a smart move.

Cammy Bell was on Off The Ball on Saturday and, when asked why he wasn't involved up at Peterhead, he said that he had recently had an injection in his knee which meant that travelling long distances was out of the question and that "the rest of the team went up yesterday".

One of your backers feeling generous and ponying up the dough for an overnight?

2 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Cammy Bell was on Off The Ball on Saturday and, when asked why he wasn't involved up at Peterhead, he said that he had recently had an injection in his knee which meant that travelling long distances was out of the question and that "the rest of the team went up yesterday".

Ahhh, this’ll be fun 

Is this not what all Billy Big Time teams do?

25 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Frankly, errr sort of.

Sponsors: Bairns Business Club (or similar) paid for it so the club paid £0.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn