The Falkirk FC Thread

Would be delighted to see Ian McShane leave. He just offers absolutely nothing at all. He’s been here a year now and aside from missing a penalty against Ayr and scoring direct from a corner against Inverness I can’t think of anything else he’s done or a game that he’s properly impacted.

As for Tidser? Meh. Will be comfortably our highest earner I’d have thought and he can’t get off the bench these days. Obviously something happened there for M&M to not even yet give him a run in the team but if we’re not going to play him we’re as well getting him punted and using the money to strengthen elsewhere.

If we can get McShane and Tidser off the wage bill then I think we should take it. Not going to be many teams looking to take on players who can’t get a regular game in league one, especially on the wages they’d be looking for. We’ve got to give the managers a chance to build the team they want

Can’t see us signing anyone unless we ship a few out so think M&M will move a few on. Personally I think McShane will go, wouldn’t be surprised to see him join up with Ray again. I think there’s a player in Tidser but he’s not playing and is a high earner so wouldn’t be surprised to see him go and Robbie Match’s form (and the fact he’ll be on peanuts compared to Bell) might see Bell go elsewhere. That should free up the money needed to get the 3 or 4 we need to win the league.

Keeping McManus is a must  

Just now, Bairn Necessities said:

Be surprised if Tidser went to QP given McKinnon wasn't fond of playing him this season either...

Did someone not post that Tidser had McKinnon by the throat that being the reason RM didn't play him, only other reason i can fathom he isnt been playing is it came from higher up in the club to freeze him out to get a move rather than pay him off (well seeing the funds are low)

10 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Be surprised if Tidser went to QP given McKinnon wasn't fond of playing him this season either...

It would be a huge shock if either McShane or Tidser went to part time Queens park, even a loan would be as much a surprise. I think a few clubs a league up would be willing to take punt on either on loan which would probably still cost us £s.

A swap loan or deal might be the way to go to get both away from us. I've never been impressed with either Tidser or McShane against us but both are squad players who will only start if there is no one else it seems under M & M. I still wouldn't be surprised to hear that Tidser has his wage topped up with appearance money in his contract.

18 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Did someone not post that Tidser had McKinnon by the throat that being the reason RM didn't play him, only other reason i can fathom he isnt been playing is it came from higher up in the club to freeze him out to get a move rather than pay him off (well seeing the funds are low)

Unless a club comes in for him that he fancies going to, and that can match what he is currently earning, Tidser is well within his rights to sit tight. He is on a longer contract than the management team who have ostracised him and may well be content to wait until the summer and see how things play out. Wouldn't blame him either.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

It would be a huge shock if either McShane or Tidser went to part time Queens park, even a loan would be as much a surprise. I think a few clubs a league up would be willing to take punt on either on loan which would probably still cost us £s.

A swap loan or deal might be the way to go to get both away from us. I've never been impressed with either Tidser or McShane against us but both are squad players who will only start if there is no one else it seems under M & M. I still wouldn't be surprised to hear that Tidser has his wage topped up with appearance money in his contract.

I don’t think Tidser will go to Queens Park, think he will end up being loaned somewhere. McShane to QP I think is a possibility. They are looking to go full time

McShane and Tidser could both get gigs in the Championship if M & M do deem them surplus to requirement. 

I'm still waiting for Tidser to have a run in the team and show us the player we all thought we'd signed in the Summer. It is looking less and less likely to happen now 

Frankly I'd be delighted if this is the only business we manage in the rest of the window:

Keep McManus

Longridge signed up

McShane ---> DKD

Durnan ---> Literally any CH