The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The best bit of talking Simon ever did was to tell John Hughes to pass the ball to the nearest player after he had won it and if that wasn’t on just hump it in my direction and leave the rest to me. These words of wisdom got yogi a gig at park head and the club netted 300k for a player who was arguably past his peak .

I wonder what Simon makes of our demise ? I’m guessing he would advocate that football is indeed a simple game and to succeed we should keep it so. We don’t need journeymen on the pitch or accountants , lawyers and consultants off it ! We need hard graft like yogi gave us and a mentality that never knows when we are beaten. I hope Gary Deans can tell our MSG to keep it simple and pray to hell his day job is not a lawyer , accountant or consultant.

Read a good book at Xmas The Three Kings - Busby Shankly Stein and the way they wanted the game played. These principles are just a relevant now as they were in the 50-60's.

Nothing smart about it, football is a simple game made complicated by the players ( Bill Shankly )

Basic skills - Control a ball and Pass a ball if you have that then everything else can be taught. Awareness, Fitness, Team spirit and the way you play the game.

Liverpool and Man City are examples of that doctrine in practice.

40 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The best bit of talking Simon ever did was to tell John Hughes to pass the ball to the nearest player after he had won it and if that wasn’t on just hump it in my direction and leave the rest to me. These words of wisdom got yogi a gig at park head and the club netted 300k for a player who was arguably past his peak .

I wonder what Simon makes of our demise ? I’m guessing he would advocate that football is indeed a simple game and to succeed we should keep it so. We don’t need journeymen on the pitch or accountants , lawyers and consultants off it ! We need hard graft like yogi gave us and a mentality that never knows when we are beaten. I hope Gary Deans can tell our MSG to keep it simple and pray to hell his day job is not a lawyer , accountant or consultant.

Yogi got the parkhead gig 3yrs after Stainrod had left and probably played as many games in midfield in that period .

The lofted hoof never ever left him either

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I actually saw Dallison have a good game for us. Unfortunately it was a reserve game against Ross County. Froxylias also played a blinder that day, the ball looked to be glued to his boot.
I am certain that this happened though there is a chance my pre match Bovril was spiked.

He looked every bit a baller and i think that was where it stopped, anytime i seen him play never actually seen him put in a tackle and to be honest cant say i seen him actually win a ball.

He looked every bit a baller and i think that was where it stopped, anytime i seen him play never actually seen him put in a tackle and to be honest cant say i seen him actually win a ball.

Any hoof ball in his direction would see him watch it bounce, then bounce again, and possibly a third or even fourth time before attempting to control it (by which time most attacking players were all over him like a rash).

Defo reckon that beach volleyball was his true vocation.

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Any hoof ball in his direction would see him watch it bounce, then bounce again, and possibly a third or even fourth time before attempting to control it (by which time most attacking players were all over him like a rash).

Defo reckon that beach volleyball was his true vocation.

Kind of like Barnes Wallace in the Dambusters movie when they were firing the ping pong balls up and down the testing tank...lol

Who is the biggest knob to ever walk through the doors at Falkirk FC? As in who has caused us the most damage as a club.
My top 5 in order:
  1. Craig Campbell
  2. Hamish Deans
  3. George Craig
  4. George Fulston
  5. Lex Miller / Andy Thomson

What a shower of shite that lot are.

6 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Who is the biggest knob to ever walk through the doors at Falkirk FC? As in who has caused us the most damage as a club.

My top 5 in order:

1. Craig Campbell
  2. Hamish Deans
  3. George Craig
  4. George Fulston
  5. Lex Miller / Andy Thomson

George Fulston/lambie combination would be my number one as they nearly killed the club.