The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Boy on Facebook saying he's going to ICT. I suppose he's as well lying on their treatment table as ours!

The boy on facebook is an acquaintance of a certain director. He's made multiple comments in the past about transfers which have turned out to be accurate.

I think that in this case he'll also be correct, albeit about a week later with the info than he usually is. Maybe Gary Deans is keeping the promise he made at the EGM of clamping down on boardroom leaks as nobody posted about Ben Hall before he was signed.  

If the figures reported turn out to be accurate then a two and a half year deal for Toshney is a no-brainer for the player. As well as a massive gamble on ICT's part.

I actually thought Toshney was a bad signing when we got him.  Probably based on the fact he was injury prone/ hadn't played much. There's no doubting he is injury prone, but when he has featured he's been not bad at all. Good Luck to him if he does go, he'd be daft to knock back a decent contract in the league above. 

I make it 56 signings since we punted Houston which includes Louis Longridge twice.

56 signings since 24th September 2017. Mental stuff.

Absolutely ridiculous way to run a football club.
Emphasises the complete lack of leadership and vision at our club.

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Could see him going back to Raith if Steven Anderson is as fucked as they think.

The talk from the team is focused on securing a couple of loaned players, not a new signing, so I doubt it. There’s little squeeze for the January window, but not really enough for a splash.

Edit: Strike that, new word says they are actually looking at a couple of signings...never mind.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Toshney is stinking too. Oh how we are so indoctrinated to mediocrity now. Won’t be missed. Next

Hes simply been better the other two and thats about it. Mind you hes not really stayed fit enough to show his real form. Not sure we should be wasting a wage on a player who will spend more time injured than playing.

Toshney is stinking too. Oh how we are so indoctrinated to mediocrity now. Won’t be missed. Next

It’s all relative. He’s better than the other two centre halves, and I’m not sure who we could get in who is any better. He is injury prone and there won’t be a lot of people sad to see him go. If he was fit he would be fine for us for the rest of the season.

10 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I actually thought Toshney was a bad signing when we got him.  Probably based on the fact he was injury prone/ hadn't played much. There's no doubting he is injury prone, but when he has featured he's been not bad at all. Good Luck to him if he does go, he'd be daft to knock back a decent contract in the league above. 

Add Bell and Johnstone to Toshney and my thoughts pre season of us signing crocks'rus were bad idea hasn't proven me wrong.

Toshney has been probably our best c/h but that hasn't been hard to do, so much so due to his injuries Toshney will be running at 70-80% of his previous abilities now and will be lucky to do 25-30 games a season.

If Hall has anything about him, his job to replace Toshney as our numero Uno c/h will be an easy job for him but for me our best c/h is playing left back.

21 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Add Bell and Johnstone to Toshney and my thoughts pre season of us signing crocks'rus were bad idea hasn't proven me wrong.

Toshney has been probably our best c/h but that hasn't been hard to do, so much so due to his injuries Toshney will be running at 70-80% of his previous abilities now and will be lucky to do 25-30 games a season.

If Hall has anything about him, his job to replace Toshney as our numero Uno c/h will be an easy job for him but for me our best c/h is playing left back.

Hall said he is a defender foremost but was taught at Brighton to get forward when he has the chance according to his article, am pretty sure Dallison said the same when we signed him and the least said about that the better.

Partick fans said he is prone to the odd mistake still young and cant make as many mistakes as Durnan.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Hall said he is a defender foremost but was taught at Brighton to get forward when he has the chance according to his article, am pretty sure Dallison said the same when we signed him and the least said about that the better.

Partick fans said he is prone to the odd mistake still young and cant make as many mistakes as Durnan.

Talk is always cheap unless you are Simon Stainrod and I've always judged players on what they do wearing navy blue however hard that sometimes is but 5 games for thistle is very much open book.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Talk is always cheap unless you are Simon Stainrod and I've always judged players on what they do wearing navy blue however hard that sometimes is but 5 games for thistle is very much open book.

I dont think the lad was helped with the change in manager and from what the Partick fans have posted his chances have been limited.as McCall tended to overlook him.  Agree with you i wont write any player off till i see them play for the Navy Blue unless it was the first outing of Hartleys Heroes and the oh f*ck what have we signed.

I was quite disappointed how it worked out with Hall who, on paper, seemed like a very decent acquisition. The problem he's got, in my opinion, is that he's barely played competitive football; it seemed like he was only in the Motherwell team for the blink of an eye before moving to Brighton.

The games that he did play for us were littered with mistakes - but I suppose that comes with the territory of a) young centre halves and b) players not playing many minutes. If you take Liam Lindsay for example, he had quite a few shaky moments in his first season or two but he stayed in the team. Hall came in late on in the summer and was behind three established (albeit distinctly average) centre halves straight away. With hindsight, we probably weren't the right move for him.

I think if Falkirk persist with Hall and let him play a run of games on the trot, they might well have picked up a decent player.

1 minute ago, Armand 2 said:

I was quite disappointed how it worked out with Hall who, on paper, seemed like a very decent acquisition. The problem he's got, in my opinion, is that he's barely played competitive football; it seemed like he was only in the Motherwell team for the blink of an eye before moving to Brighton.

The games that he did play for us were littered with mistakes - but I suppose that comes with the territory of a) young centre halves and b) players not playing many minutes. If you take Liam Lindsay for example, he had quite a few shaky moments in his first season or two but he stayed in the team. Hall came in late on in the summer and was behind three established (albeit distinctly average) centre halves straight away. With hindsight, we probably weren't the right move for him.

I think if Falkirk persist with Hall and let him play a run of games on the trot, they might well have picked up a decent player.

If you seen dallison before he left us you would wonder if he actually saw a football centre half that cant put in a tackle you couldnt write it.

Confident he can be coached with McCracken  being part of the management duo, Durnans been playing regularly and is littered with mistakes and he's meant to be experienced cant be much worse.

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Absolutely ridiculous way to run a football club.
Emphasises the complete lack of leadership and vision at our club.

Agree it not good. Look at it from the reputation if gives the club when recruiting players. These guys know each other and if they are thinks of signing for Falkirk they will make a few calls obout their potential employer. Well plenty of folk to choose from then and don't think there will be many glowinging testimonials. 

I dont know how much League 1 football you have seen so forgive me if I am teaching granny to suck eggs here, but the standard of forwards he will be playing against is sufficinetly bad that Mark Durnan can be at the heart of by far the best defence in the league. I havent seen Hall so obviously will reserve judgement but the consensus from yourselves seems to be that there is something there. If there is, he will do well at this level, because his competition is an absolute calamity whos only saving grace is winning the odd header.

Talk is always cheap unless you are Simon Stainrod

The best bit of talking Simon ever did was to tell John Hughes to pass the ball to the nearest player after he had won it and if that wasn’t on just hump it in my direction and leave the rest to me. These words of wisdom got yogi a gig at park head and the club netted 300k for a player who was arguably past his peak .

I wonder what Simon makes of our demise ? I’m guessing he would advocate that football is indeed a simple game and to succeed we should keep it so. We don’t need journeymen on the pitch or accountants , lawyers and consultants off it ! We need hard graft like yogi gave us and a mentality that never knows when we are beaten. I hope Gary Deans can tell our MSG to keep it simple and pray to hell his day job is not a lawyer , accountant or consultant.

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I wonder what Simon makes of our demise ? I’m guessing he would advocate that football is indeed a simple game and to succeed we should keep it so. We don’t need journeymen on the pitch or accountants , lawyers and consultants off it ! We need hard graft like yogi gave us and a mentality that never knows when we are beaten. I hope Gary Deans can tell our MSG to keep it simple and pray to hell his day job is not a lawyer , accountant or consultant.

He's an accountant

I actually saw Dallison have a good game for us. Unfortunately it was a reserve game against Ross County. Froxylias also played a blinder that day, the ball looked to be glued to his boot.
I am certain that this happened though there is a chance my pre match Bovril was spiked.