The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Unless Mutch is being sold  !

Cannot see it,he is getting a regular game with us and unless he really makes an arse of it will continue to get  a game for us.As i have already said i never rated Mutch but i have had to eat humble pie as he has improved a great deal.

10 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

West Junior team Rutherglen Glencairn giving the clowns at Falkirk FC  a lesson in how to deal with racism in a firm but sympathetic manager. Their opponents, Rossvale, have also backed this statement publically.

Impressive stuff....I always considered our BOD as amateurs but seems I'm wrong - the amateurs are way better than them.

Particularly like the fact that they stress it was not all Glencairn fans but one individual - kind of the opposite of what our BOD did so rashly.

(Or try to tag on unrelated alleged personal threats/abuse which was never proven or it seems reported) 

Our model is brutally simple, and is the brainchild of Martin Ritchie in the wake of George Craig’s “hide the bills in my desk” philosophy.

Martin Ritchie didn’t give a hoot what league we were/are in provided that the taxman was paid along with all known overheads. The team budget was a variable amount once those overheads were met.

All he wanted was a low risk environment and whatever league we ended up inhabiting was nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders “c’est la vie”.

It’s pretty much unchanged to this day with perhaps a significant downgrade in grey matter dealing with football matters.

Sandy Alexander did say the MSG were going nowhere, and as that is now exactly what has happened, then that means Ritchie’s model of paying the bills and just let the football side of things float along is going to endure for a while yet. A failure to get promoted this season simply moves the playing budget down. For the MSG themselves, absolutely nothing changes other than the away boardrooms will just get a bit smaller.

Our model is brutally simple, and is the brainchild of Martin Ritchie in the wake of George Craig’s “hide the bills in my desk” philosophy.

Martin Ritchie didn’t give a hoot what league we were/are in provided that the taxman was paid along with all known overheads. The team budget was a variable amount once those overheads were met.

All he wanted was a low risk environment and whatever league we ended up inhabiting was nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders “c’est la vie”.

It’s pretty much unchanged to this day with perhaps a significant downgrade in grey matter dealing with football matters.

Sandy Alexander did say the MSG were going nowhere, and as that is now exactly what has happened, then that means Ritchie’s model of paying the bills and just let the football side of things float along is going to endure for a while yet. A failure to get promoted this season simply moves the playing budget down. For the MSG themselves, absolutely nothing changes other than the away boardrooms will just get a bit smaller.

I agree and to some extent you have to applaud mr Ritchies stance . He stepped in and saved us from oblivion and although his tenure has been uninspiring up to now it’s been pretty safe.
The problem for clubs like us is our ambitions are restricted by reality. If we go on a run and get promoted to the premiership then it will be great for a few seasons until we become a kilmarnock where realistically after last season their only way is down.
Sadly statistics show that the crowds will hold up now as long as we are on the way up at around 4000 . If we get to the top half of the premiership at most our home support will only increase to 5000 and again that will decrease once we start losing.
There is no answer to this dilemma as the bigot brothers have hijacked all the wealth from Scottish football for their perennial failures in Europe which suffer from an identical problem on a bigger scale.
The real answer is to make each Saturday be about entertainment . Let’s give up on the negative crap and play attractive football without fear. Does it really matter what league we are in as long as we play a youthful team who play attacking football. ( jobbers no more I’ve had enough thanks )

58 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I see that Kieran Offord who was with our academy and is now at St Mirren  is now on trial at Leeds United who are very keen on buying him. Will be interesting to see how much they get for him.

Further exposing the myth that there was no talent coming thru our academy before the BOD binned it after no consultation with the fans.

This boy went on to star for Scotland U16s scoring a double against Rep of Ireland last year.

St Mirren have a great academy now after starting out with Progressive status under Project Brave just like us , but they stuck with it unlike us , reaching Elite status.  They deserve to get a decent fee and a massive sell on clause from our young ex player.

Still we have Mikey Doyle and he's a right laugh.

On 07/01/2020 at 11:41, Gaz said:

Don't forget that one of the reasons we are where we are is because the BOD have been enabled by a large number of our lickspittle fans who don't care how we play, or what league we're in, and just enjoy a couple of hours out the house every other Saturday and go every week regardless.

8 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Does it really matter what league we are in

2 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Defender signing you say? Bring him home x IMG_1320.jpg

Oh to go back to that day of the strip launch. I can't believe I actually attended it.

Full of hope and excitement and 2 cracking strips to buy. Dennon Lewis even said his aim was to be top scorer in the league and the Chelsea reserve captain was seeming confident.

Little did i know the horrors I was about to witness.