The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

They don’t really believe it’s their doing . Those appointed to manage don’t have their money on the line and to those who have money invested its a pittance to them . This scenario ( that’s continued now for 10 years ) is a recipe for failure. Especially If you are competing against others who live and breathe the game. We have had too many people in charge to whom it’s a job , a jolly, or even worse a hobby with benefits (lex)
We are unlikely to really turn the corner until a committed owner / director takes over or the fans succeed in a bid to run the club . The continued denial of this reality is a bit like the tale of the emperor clothes ie everyone knows why were shite and the BOD suspect it’s the case but for now they will continue to hope nobody realizes it .
Unfortunately ( and I can understand why ! ) the owners want the status quo and hope that somehow the current chairman or the next (we’ve had ten at the last count )will miraculously turn us around. The key is the fans turning on them not the manager or chairman or even the players but them . Unbelievably the MC fiasco has bought our MSG even more time and space as their ploy that they “saved” us from the terrible prospect of someone even worse than them however ridiculous worked.
How they have got away with pishing thousands down the drain on the failed Barnsley model is testimony to our apathy or grasp of the real problem . Warning -The third lanark model is right on track

Don't think it will go the Third Lanark situation as that was an asset stripper. FFC don't have any assets to strip. We are a minority stakeholder in Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd which is worthless. If we don't go up then its part time football and those that endured the mid 70's Miller-Little-Hagart era can tell the you about the misery and despondency that went with the 500 crowds we got.

The club is no longer the go to team for ambitious young players like Vaulks and Lyle that knew they would get a chance and had confidence in their ability to prove themselves. Individuals like that have now got better options than FFC. We are a home for journeyman players picking up a wage.

It's going to be a 5-10 year journey back but that can only happen with owners that have a plan and the ambition to do it. Who we have at present ain't going to do it and no interest from anybody that wants to buy them out.

Get promoted - Academy - Buy the stadium outright - 4th stand with hotel/leisure income stream in that order. Until that is done we are a mid place championship club at best.

It's being so cheery that keeps me going !

57 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Solidify a defence that has conceded *checks notes* just 12 goals in 20 games? When the next best defence has conceded 23?

We don't need to solidify our defence. We need creativity up front. Signing Cristophe Berra would be a massive, massive waste of money.

I think our defensive record is more down to the paucity of opposition at this level than our defenders being any particularly great shakes. A decent ball playing cb would bring our midfield more into games and provide a better platform to attack, imo. Someone like Tom Lang at the pars or even Ciaran McKenna would have done ok at this level in this respect I reckon.

Agree that Berra would be an unnecessary expense however. Cover at either fb position would be useful also.

Assuming longridge and McManus stay on then someone with zip and creativity from midfield should do us ok. A mackem with nothing but surnames perhaps 😙

(Not itk just dreaming)

Solidify a defence that has conceded *checks notes* just 12 goals in 20 games? When the next best defence has conceded 23?
We don't need to solidify our defence. We need creativity up front. Signing Cristophe Berra would be a massive, massive waste of money.

I don’t disagree that on paper our defence is solid, but out of those twelve goals plenty have come from defensive mishaps. I don’t think we need a whole new defence, but we need rid of the weakest link.

This is one of the slowest, dullest, most plodding Falkirk sides filled with complete jobbers that I have ever had the misfortune of watching, and Longridge and McManus are two of the only players with any real spark or creativity about them. Lose them and we might as well gear up for Cove away next year.

I don’t disagree that on paper our defence is solid, but out of those twelve goals plenty have come from defensive mishaps. I don’t think we need a whole new defence, but we need rid of the weakest link.

Our defensive record is 20% due to our decent keepers and 80% due to the chronic standard of this league.

28 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Feel for the new chairman already

Why? Like Lang and all the other cast of thousands he'd have surely known what he was getting himself into. A ceremonial position, a front for discredited, disinterested major shareholders who openly despise their customers. And literally within minutes of being appointed, he's putting the boot into the supporters. Very much in his masters image. Save your sympathy.

Why? Like Lang and all the other cast of thousands he'd have surely known what he was getting himself into. A ceremonial position, a front for discredited, disinterested major shareholders who openly despise their customers. And literally within minutes of being appointed, he's putting the boot into the supporters. Very much in his masters image. Save your sympathy.
This. They appointed him. Of course he is squarely one of them.

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Longridge to us confirmed as nonsense by Mcglynn. 

‘He’s not on our radar.’

Barrow AFC boss Ian Evatt has denied interest in Ross forward Declan McManus following media reports today.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

I love all the positivity on here.

Could you point me in the direction of something to be positive about please? We’re 3rd in league 1, we’re playing mind numbing football, we have no academy and have lost all connection between the club and the fans. Not exactly a joyous time.