The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Is McManus really getting such a huge wage that we cannot afford to pay it all?

It's not as if we are living on the edge of extinction.

Apparently it's a not bad packet he gets from County, he'd gotten a couple of supporters poty awards, AJ was very keen to re sign him, McManus was telling everyone he would be delighted to stay, but we couldn't match the County offer. Depends how much you push the boat out I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Maybe aye maybe no, think the huge worry/concern is that who the hell would we bring in if he’s bounced somewhere else. The same goes for Longridge, even if we don’t have him firing on all cylinders at present.

I do share your concerns about both players.

I suppose there's the possibility that, just like ourselves, Carlisle are  only going to be able to attract a certain quality of player. They, like us, have seen much happier times.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Depends how much you push the boat out I suppose. 

I do think we should do our best to keep him, but not at any cost. We all know how pushing that boat out too far can end in disaster.

I suppose if he has to go at least it is not to one of our promotion rivals.

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

Paul Hartley & Ray McKinnon - a fckin disaster of epic proportions.

How we have fallen, and what disaster is next ?

If by some miracle we do go up this season i still think we have a rebuilding job on our hands, thing is without change at the top i think our lot we have at the moment is the best we can hope for, we need ownership change.

13 minutes ago, mb1876 said:

christophe berra on loan from hearts

We've got the best defence in the league. Why would we waste money on an ageing Cristophe Berra when our problems are at the other end of the park?

10 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Berra for durnan? Just solidify the defence. Would get Buchanan, Dixon, and Doyle in line

Solidify a defence that has conceded *checks notes* just 12 goals in 20 games? When the next best defence has conceded 23?

We don't need to solidify our defence. We need creativity up front. Signing Cristophe Berra would be a massive, massive waste of money.

It's a stark reminder of where we are now - in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.
To think a club like Livingston are in the top 6 of the Premiership whilst we languish in the wilderness celebrating beating Montrose & Stranraer. 
Changed days indeed - those in charge of our club have guided us to where we are now with spectacular incompetence , so how come they are all so arrogant?   

They don’t really believe it’s their doing . Those appointed to manage don’t have their money on the line and to those who have money invested its a pittance to them . This scenario ( that’s continued now for 10 years ) is a recipe for failure. Especially If you are competing against others who live and breathe the game. We have had too many people in charge to whom it’s a job , a jolly, or even worse a hobby with benefits (lex)
We are unlikely to really turn the corner until a committed owner / director takes over or the fans succeed in a bid to run the club . The continued denial of this reality is a bit like the tale of the emperor clothes ie everyone knows why were shite and the BOD suspect it’s the case but for now they will continue to hope nobody realizes it .
Unfortunately ( and I can understand why ! ) the owners want the status quo and hope that somehow the current chairman or the next (we’ve had ten at the last count )will miraculously turn us around. The key is the fans turning on them not the manager or chairman or even the players but them . Unbelievably the MC fiasco has bought our MSG even more time and space as their ploy that they “saved” us from the terrible prospect of someone even worse than them however ridiculous worked.
How they have got away with pishing thousands down the drain on the failed Barnsley model is testimony to our apathy or grasp of the real problem . Warning -The third lanark model is right on track