The Falkirk FC Thread

Believe McManus is more settled with his young family in the central belt again so would be surprised if he wants to move.

One thing we can all agree on is that it would be a disaster if he does go.

I’d rather have Longridge have his one good game in 5 than relying on.. MacLean? (Who did well against Airdrie to be fair). He’s not consistent but in league one I doubt we can get better.

I for one do not agree it would be a disaster

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Maurice Johnston another example before he shat on Celtic

Last January Dan James was at Leeds United photographed in new Leeds shirt with squad number and flashed all across social media.

Swansea's American owner sanctioned the deal but it needed their chairman Huw Jenkins signature, he turned his phone off and went to bed and the contract could not be finalized before the window shut so he retuned to Swansea.    

James obviously joined Man Utd in the summer.

Jesus, I never thought I would live to see the day where  players like McManus and Longridge could be pivotal to us being promoted from League 1. How we have fallen these are as grim times as ever to support Falkirk yet those at the route cause are still in charge. 

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

January really is fucking w**k, as is being in this shite league. No shortage of deficiencies that need addressed yet instead of that here we are staring down the barrel of losing someone we will be ill equipped to replace.

It's a stark reminder of where we are now - in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

To think a club like Livingston are in the top 6 of the Premiership whilst we languish in the wilderness celebrating beating Montrose & Stranraer. 

Changed days indeed - those in charge of our club have guided us to where we are now with spectacular incompetence , so how come they are all so arrogant?   

2 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

French CH in training with us.

*clears throat*

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Jean Francois Lecsinel

Nooooooooo

Edited by Gaz

People saying things like “Christ can’t believe we are crying about losing payers like McManus and longridge, shows how far we have fallen” are so boring and pointless. 

We are where we are and deserve to be. The simple fact is we must get out of the current situation. Losing longridge and McManus would be a total disaster for our league campaign. Fact. Don’t care where we were, what players we used to have, blah blah. Get them signed up or it’s playoffs at best 

6 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

It's a stark reminder of where we are now - in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

To think a club like Livingston are in the top 6 of the Premiership whilst we languish in the wilderness celebrating beating Montrose & Stranraer. 

Changed days indeed - those in charge of our club have guided us to where we are now with spectacular incompetence , so how come they are all so arrogant?   

Don't forget that one of the reasons we are where we are is because the BOD have been enabled by a large number of our lickspittle fans who don't care how we play, or what league we're in, and just enjoy a couple of hours out the house every other Saturday and go every week regardless.

Don't forget that one of the reasons we are where we are is because the BOD have been enabled by a large number of our lickspittle fans who don't care how we play, or what league we're in, and just enjoy a couple of hours out the house every other Saturday and go every week regardless.
Yes.

If we want to talk root cause then we have to take our share of the blame.

11 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Could we contact Ross Wilson and ask if Sevco could throw another Zak Rudden type our way? 

Rudden waiting to find out if his loan is being extended at Plymouth Argyle. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes.

If we want to talk root cause then we have to take our share of the blame.

I think, on balance, P&B has its fair share of critical fans who rightly pull the club up when something goes wrong. But it is still very much seen as a 'niche' website.

By contrast, you only have to look at the Facebook pages to see a huge number of our fans who just post craven drivel like "ah well never mind get behind the boys COYB always next week".

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The post above this just demonstrates how spot on you are!!

4 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Is it just me that couldn't give a flying f**k if Louis Longridge is here or not?

Wouldn't say flying f##k but he does have ability but his decision making is his problem, you will get one game it's 90% going his way but it's the others, when he couldn't kick his own arse.

The line if he was doing it he wouldn't be with us tho, he has been more invisible in the 3rd tier than previously in league's higher up.

I'd keep him if possible but he can be a very frustrating player and has been man down in some of our games this season and subbed due to this.

2 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Losing McManus and Longridge this window would be a disaster. Wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Bollox.....we would at least made 4th under McKinnon.

I can't see English clubs being interested in McManus tbh it would be Partick I'd be more concerned with or other Scottish clubs