The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, champions said:

Could we not offer him a permanent deal on the premise we win promotion?

If we dont get promoted then he'll be a free agent and will more than likely have a number of offers.

Even if the Championship you probably can't match the wages he's offered down south with Carlisle.

Of course he didn't have a great time of it down south last time so might prefer to stay in Scotland or maybe have personal reasons for not wanting to be uprooted again.

Genuinely can’t understand the fans that don’t rate Longridge btw. Quite comfortably our most creative player and only real player we’ve got that can make something out of nothing happen in the final third. Aye he’s inconsistent but that’s exactly why he’s playing with us if he could figure out how to be at his best week in week out he’d be a regular starter in the Premiership imo.

We’re definitely a weaker team without him.

I don’t doubt his ability but one good game in 5 is not good enough

Stevie May was photographed, and had filmed a welcome interview, with us before a game against Brechin, he was on the team lines too.
All before the deal, which then collapsed, was signed. 
It does happen.

Maurice Johnston another example before he shat on Celtic

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Why would a team pay money for a guy out of contract in the summer though. Most teams can’t justify that.

Carlisle are toiling and only 7 points clear of potential relegation out of the EFL. His goals could potentially keep them up and be worth a fortune.

Wouldnt actively want to lose LL tbh. But it kinda seems like his replacement has already been signed in De Vita.

Losing McManus on the other hand would be a fucking disaster. He is of a quality that we wouldnt be able to replace save for a very well placed loan deal from higher up. Do we think M&M can pull that off?

If McManus did go, it would make it more important to keep Louis though, since all we have left is big lumps up top, its Louis best position, and he is the only person in our squad who gets even close to McManus for workrate. Still though, lose McManus and we are fucked.

8 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Why would a team pay money for a guy out of contract in the summer though. Most teams can’t justify that.

If his goals keep them up it'll be worth more than any transfer fee they'd pay, simple as that.

Longridge is about the only creative player we have having not seen enough of da vita.  I think that hasnt helped him as teams know if they shut him down we create very little else.  If we had more options in that area he would probably find it easier to be a bit more consistant.

22 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

To try and get promoted (Barrow) or avoid relegation (Carlisle). Alternatively if they pay his full wage that's more attractive to Ross County for a loan deal.

Losing McManus would be an utter disaster for us. He's constantly hassling defenders, chasing everything and he has picked up the knack of scoring from nothing.

We're pretty poor at the moment but are doing enough to stay in touch, we just can't afford to lost him.

That team Marshmallo put up is exactly how we should be playing, solid base with enough creativity going forward to dominate teams. I don't like playing 2 strikers with Longridge in behind, just doesn't work.

Believe McManus is more settled with his young family in the central belt again so would be surprised if he wants to move.

One thing we can all agree on is that it would be a disaster if he does go.

I’d rather have Longridge have his one good game in 5 than relying on.. MacLean? (Who did well against Airdrie to be fair). He’s not consistent but in league one I doubt we can get better.

12 minutes ago, Trump said:

Believe McManus is more settled with his young family in the central belt again so would be surprised if he wants to move.

One thing we can all agree on is that it would be a disaster if he does go.

I’d rather have Longridge have his one good game in 5 than relying on.. MacLean? (Who did well against Airdrie to be fair). He’s not consistent but in league one I doubt we can get better.

Carlisle is an easy enough commute.