The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

TBH, the idea that a player would be introduced to the press BEFORE signing a legally-binding contract document is just a bit silly.

Stevie May was photographed, and had filmed a welcome interview, with us before a game against Brechin, he was on the team lines too.

All before the deal, which then collapsed, was signed. 

It does happen.

Edited by RandomGuy.

It is interesting that MC's twitter account has completely stopped tweeting since the takeover collapsed back in the middle of November.
He claimed it was his personal twitter but now it seems it was set up just to dupe the more gullible Falkirk fans with some sort of carefully researched charm offensive.
However I do miss the steeple haircuts, the golf course deal, the Keane tickets , the constant my team are working hard & it's only two weeks away updates , him tramping about the Howgate, and the whole mental "Hiya Mark" cringe-fest.  
Bless him, I wonder what he's up to now - wonder if his sex case is up yet.

I think MC tried to buy chesterfield after us?

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/new-york-based-businessman-rules-out-chesterfield-fc-takeover-bid-1-10155494

Longridge on twitter today liking a fair few tweets about how us fans hope he signs a new contract.

Don’t like to read too much into twitter but usually when players are off to a different or rival club they stay very very quiet on that stuff 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stevie May was photographed, and had filmed a welcome interview, with us before a game against Brechin, he was on the team lines too.

All before the deal, which then collapsed, was signed. 

It does happen.

Fair enough.

All I can say is if you have a competent Media Officer / Football Administrator who're left alone to do their jobs without pressure from above to push out good news stories, then it will never happen. We're fortunate to have one person who combines both roles and is very good at them.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

This would take Ross County recalling him, which is unlikely, then him being sold on. I think it’s just a daft rumour.

If they can get a few grand for him I don't know why they wouldn't recall him.

If McManus leaves we will be in this league next season.