The Falkirk FC Thread

What the actual planet is our board on within 24 hours of MC being announced as preferred bidder the support had enough background info found to be concerned then IF the Goodwillie one is true a signing that would have caused a bigger divide in support and club and fans (maybe thats what they want)

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Pretty sure @Bainsfordbairn can clear this up? 

The part from Brian Carrigan which you've highlighted isn't true.  (for some reason I can't quote both posts). 

I have no idea if we were in for him or not. What I do know is that it never got to the stage of him being told to report to TFS for a medical, after which he would sign the contract and would then be photographed / interviewed. The three processes are always done at the same time and in that order.  

TBH, the idea that a player would be introduced to the press BEFORE signing a legally-binding contract document is just a bit silly.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
Added extra line

The part from Brian Carrigan which you've highlighted isn't true.  (for some reason I can't quote both posts). 
I have no idea if we were in for him or not. What I do know is that it never got to the stage of him being told to report to TFS for a medical, after which he would sign the contract and would then be photographed / interviewed. The three processes are always done at the same time and in that order.  

Aye. I heard at the weekend there wasn’t ever any contact between Falkirk and Goodwillie. It looks like Brian Carrigan has succeeded in getting the attention his parents clearly never gave him by fabricating a story. I know I won’t trust anything he ever says on here again.

40 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Aye just as i thought. Thanks for that. 

17 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Aye. I heard at the weekend there wasn’t ever any contact between Falkirk and Goodwillie. It looks like Brian Carrigan has succeeded in getting the attention his parents clearly never gave him by fabricating a story. I know I won’t trust anything he ever says on here again.

I appear to have rubbed this one up the wrong way, which is funny. Who'd have thunk a Raith Rovers fan stalking the Falkirk forum would be here with intentions of purity. Must be that fizzy Fifer blood, combined with the jealousy towards anyone that had parents, given the likelihood they either abandoned him or *insert joke re: Fife inbreeding that maybe someone smarter than I can think of*.

Apologies if I have been mislead. I do consider my sources to be bulletproof, but shall not in future. Regarding the common practices of signing a player, press photographs are VERY often taken before any legally binding contracts are signed (Turnbull, Mangala were leaked at the highest level, so goodness knows how much jiggery pokery goes on in SPFL League 1 etc), these things are regularly prepared in advance. Perhaps Falkirk run differently, so fair play. Again I was lead to believe he had performed a reasonably basic fitness test, and the only of the three practices cited above that were not completed was the actual signing of the contract.

I did not mean to incite any bizarre, Fife-based snide, and was genuinely just wondering what had happened, so thanks for any info!

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

Wow. 

And to think he was apparently doing all that stupid badge slapping stuff when bailing Clyde out of a pumping off Stranraer, despite being at TFS the day before, primed to jump ship. 

Also, are you ok my man? I could not give a snifter about anyone that slaps a badge and then moves clubs. A slap of the badge does not a binding contract make. Bit of theatre after scoring a hattrick. Help ma boab, how wrong. A similar level of theatre to what was witnessed when your daft goalie got huckled away by a shrimpy G4S employee at Broadwood, or perhaps similar when certified nugget Stuart Millar was passing advice to your 'manager' the other day, or when yer best pal Tommy Robinson was welcomed with open arms into your stadium. It's all very entertaining stuff.

I appear to have rubbed this one up the wrong way, which is funny. Who'd have thunk a Raith Rovers fan stalking the Falkirk forum would be here with intentions of purity. Must be that fizzy Fifer blood, combined with the jealousy towards anyone that had parents, given the likelihood they either abandoned him or *insert joke re: Fife inbreeding that maybe someone smarter than I can think of*.
Apologies if I have been mislead. I do consider my sources to be bulletproof, but shall not in future. Regarding the common practices of signing a player, press photographs are VERY often taken before any legally binding contracts are signed (Turnbull, Mangala were leaked at the highest level, so goodness knows how much jiggery pokery goes on in SPFL League 1 etc), these things are regularly prepared in advance. Perhaps Falkirk run differently, so fair play. Again I was lead to believe he had performed a reasonably basic fitness test, and the only of the three practices cited above that were not completed was the actual signing of the contract.
I did not mean to incite any bizarre, Fife-based snide, and was genuinely just wondering what had happened, so thanks for any info!

Thanks for the official statement there. Just make sure you get your facts right next time. No point in spreading rumours.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Thanks for the official statement there. Just make sure you get your facts right next time. No point in spreading rumours.

I don't think asking for clarification on a situation that's been widely discussed on this public forum, and apologising when it was suggested that I may be incorrect, counts as spreading rumours. I'll take your muted response as an under-the-breath apology for the initial slagging you decided to give me. You are forgiven.

24 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Also, are you ok my man? I could not give a snifter about anyone that slaps a badge and then moves clubs. A slap of the badge does not a binding contract make. Bit of theatre after scoring a hattrick. Help ma boab, how wrong. A similar level of theatre to what was witnessed when your daft goalie got huckled away by a shrimpy G4S employee at Broadwood, or perhaps similar when certified nugget Stuart Millar was passing advice to your 'manager' the other day, or when yer best pal Tommy Robinson was welcomed with open arms into your stadium. It's all very entertaining stuff.

Like a highlight reel of being an arse. 

Good stuff. Hope you feel better getting all that out your system. Poor wee lamb. 

3 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Like a highlight reel of being an arse. 

Good stuff. Hope you feel better getting all that out your system. Poor wee lamb. 

... but you were the one who made the initial stupid comment about badge slapping/my club? I am merely highlighting the fact that one who takes residence in a glass house cannot call a kettle black.

I shall also take your feeble attempt at backtracking on the inflammatory as an apology. You too are forgiven.

4 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

... but you were the one who made the initial stupid comment about badge slapping/my club? I am merely highlighting the fact that one who takes residence in a glass house cannot call a kettle black.

I shall also take your feeble attempt at backtracking on the inflammatory as an apology. You too are forgiven.

Deary me. I asked if this story about him being there on friday was a fact or baseless speculation, you said it was a fact. Turns out that no, it was not. 

As it happens, I found the idea that he was moments away from leaving a club in the lurch to join a bigger side the day before then acting like his heart was all for clyde quite funny. 

Alas, turns out the story was utter dugshite and you've been caught claiming something was a fact when, in fact, 'twas not. 

you were at worst lying, at best badly misinformed. 

I'm sure i'm not the only one who doesn't care which. 

6 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Deary me. I asked if this story about him being there on friday was a fact or baseless speculation, you said it was a fact. Turns out that no, it was not. 

As it happens, I found the idea that he was moments away from leaving a club in the lurch to join a bigger side the day before then acting like his heart was all for clyde quite funny. 

Alas, turns out the story was utter dugshite and you've been caught claiming something was a fact when, in fact, 'twas not. 

you were at worst lying, at best badly misinformed. 

I'm sure i'm not the only one who doesn't care which. 

I will concede it appears I have been badly misinformed, to which I have conceded, and was the reason I sought clarification in the first place. You flung the initial shite. 

Id imagine you’re probably the only Raith fan to care, given you’re commenting on the subject on a forum that concerns neither you or the club you support. Another bizarre comment which I’m sure you will be sorry for, so you are forgiven in advance.

Just now, Brian Carrigan said:

I will concede it appears I have been badly misinformed, to which I have conceded, and was the reason I sought clarification in the first place. You flung the initial shite. 

Id imagine you’re probably the only Raith fan to care, given you’re commenting on the subject on a forum that concerns neither you or the club you support. Another bizarre comment which I’m sure you will be sorry for, so you are forgiven in advance.

Hahaha. 

Up the road. 

TBH, the idea that a player would be introduced to the press BEFORE signing a legally-binding contract document is just a bit silly.

But it is ok to do it with prospective owners of course

23 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Hahaha. 

Up the road. 

Sorry. Airdrie fan. I got mixed up due to the fact there’s also a Raith fan on here commenting on a matter concerning Clyde and Falkirk. You’re still not a fan of either club, so I think it’s probably you who needs to go “up the road”?