The Falkirk FC Thread

Right lads I may or may not have spent time on this Friday evening going over where each of our batches of signings have ended up since leaving the navy blue.
Have started with Hartleys summer recruitment of 2018 with all bar one located. 

Leo Fasan - Not a clue if he’s still playing to be honest and if he is the club he’s at doesn’t want to admit it.

Tom Dallison - Crawley town and has played 17 times this season so far.

Mark Russell -Finn Harps in the LOI finishing 9th.

Scott Harrison - recently released from Spennymoor Town after receiving long term injury.

Patrick Brough - Top of the national league with Barrow and generally doing well by reports. 

Ruben Sammut - Sunderland u23 playing in Premier league 2 alongside Cieran Dunne.

Paul Paton - Dunfermline, enough said.

Andy Irving - In and out of the Hearts team somehow.

Tom Owen Evans - At FC Hereford bud currently on loan to Chippenham town in national league south

Dimitris Froxylias - Haringey Borough in the isthmian leagues level 7/8 in the English structure.

Deimantas Petravicus - Okzhetpes Kokshetau in Kazakhstan, not a clue about much else.

Dylan Mackin - Stirling Albion with Daryl Duffy.

Marcus Haber - Newly formed Canadian premier team Pacific FC.

Dennon Lewis - Weladestone in national league north.

Dan Turner - Jobbing out on the bench at Hyde United in the 7th tier of English football.

Rees Greenwood - Currently jobbing out at West Auckland fc the 9th tier of English football.

This is grim reading.

Right lads I may or may not have spent time on this Friday evening going over where each of our batches of signings have ended up since leaving the navy blue.

Leo Fasan - Not a clue if he’s still playing to be honest and if he is the club he’s at doesn’t want to admit it.

Scott Harrison - recently released from Spennymoor Town after receiving long term injury.

Patrick Brough - Top of the national league with Barrow and generally doing well by reports. 

Ruben Sammut - Sunderland u23 playing in Premier league 2 alongside Cieran Dunne.

Tom Owen Evans - At FC Hereford bud currently on loan to Chippenham town in national league south

Dimitris Froxylias - Haringey Borough in the isthmian leagues level 7/8 in the English structure.

Deimantas Petravicus - Okzhetpes Kokshetau in Kazakhstan, not a clue about much else.

Dan Turner - Jobbing out on the bench at Hyde United in the 7th tier of English football.

Rees Greenwood - Currently jobbing out at West Auckland fc the 9th tier of English football.

Literally a team of pub team players.
Exception being Brough who unfortunately arrived amongst the dross and suffered accordingly.

20 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Out of the Patrick Brough I thought did ok

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Good research mate but what an embarrassment for our club.

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

What was it in particular that you liked about his 10 minutes away to East Fife?

The fact that he looked to have attacking intent (showing more of that in 10 mins than Shitebag Telfer did have came on long before him), he certainly wanted to get into the box and get up to support the strikers. I only have 10 minutes to go on (other than footgae of a very nicely taken goal in preseason) which on that day were as positive as anyone on the pitch. Given that they have seen fit to sign him up again I would like to see more, to see why he is deserving of a wage among a tight budget.

What do you think of him?

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

How many of those players came though our apparently failed youth system?…

Hey that doesn't surprise me at all but there are still many on here who believed (and still do ) the pish from the BOD/MSG at the time about our academy not being worth the bother.

You look at some of the youth players in that team and then you look at what we have now - it's a bloody scandal. 

This remains the single biggest catastrophic error by the  owners & BOD over all others. They are not fit to lead us into the new decade or any decade.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The fact that he looked to have attacking intent (showing more of that in 10 mins than Shitebag Telfer did have came on long before him), he certainly wanted to get into the box and get up to support the strikers. I only have 10 minutes to go on (other than footgae of a very nicely taken goal in preseason) which on that day were as positive as anyone on the pitch. Given that they have seen fit to sign him up again I would like to see more, to see why he is deserving of a wage among a tight budget.

What do you think of him?

I have no opinion on him because I've seen him for 10 minutes in Methil. He can't be great if he isn't even getting used off the bench in this team of dross.

10 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Had genuinely forgotten about 2 or 3 of those players.
Well done for the detective work but f**k you for the memories.

May also have done Ray MCs recruitment from last season that may drop some time soon.

There is nothing exciting about this league.

I remember when the BBC had a reputation to be proud of, but the quality of this article is dreadful.

"Eight teams in a title fight."

To be accurate, all ten teams are involved in the title fight, because they all will play some part in it.

What they say about Clyde is staggering, a win over Stranraer and Clyde may be 8pts of 4th!

Then it says that realistically any one of the top six could win it. Is that realistic? 

The words 'Falkirk boast the best defence with just 12 goals conceded' tells you all you need to know about the quality of this league.

There is nothing exciting about this league.
I remember when the BBC had a reputation to be proud of, but the quality of this article is dreadful.
"Eight teams in a title fight."
To be accurate, all ten teams are involved in the title fight, because they all will play some part in it.
What they say about Clyde is staggering, a win over Stranraer and Clyde may be 8pts of 4th!
Then it says that realistically any one of the top six could win it. Is that realistic? 
The words 'Falkirk boast the best defence with just 12 goals conceded' tells you all you need to know about the quality of this league.

Is there really anything that bad about some positive publicity for the lower leagues? Even if it is a bit contrived....

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Literally a team of pub team players.
Exception being Brough who unfortunately arrived amongst the dross and suffered accordingly.

11 hours ago, keithgy said:

Out of the Patrick Brough I thought did ok

Would much rather have Brough than Durnan that’s for sure.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Is there really anything that bad about some positive publicity for the lower leagues? Even if it is a bit contrived....

In the grand scheme of things it is not that bad. 

For me, it just seems part of this general lowering of standards in so many professions, and in particular, journalism. There is nothing wrong with being creative but there is a line between creativity and insulting your readership's intelligence.

Alternatively, I might be a greetin face auld shite. 

30 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

In the grand scheme of things it is not that bad. 

For me, it just seems part of this general lowering of standards in so many professions, and in particular, journalism. There is nothing wrong with being creative but there is a line between creativity and insulting your readership's intelligence.

Alternatively, I might be a greetin face auld shite. 

You will have noticed that, particularly in Scotland, journalists of any kind seldom ask the difficult questions. Andrew Neil got so much publicity during the election precisely because he did what the others fail to do week in week out.

I have no opinion on him because I've seen him for 10 minutes in Methil. He can't be great if he isn't even getting used off the bench in this team of dross.
I will have to offer up my apologies to the board lads. As a bored football fan offering the odd rambling muse on people who play for my team and the reasons why they may have been signed on, I got carried away and stepped outside my remit. 1