The Falkirk FC Thread

Longridge has form for demanding more than he is worth. Loads of ability but one good game in 5 is why he is at the likes of Falkirk
I was thinking the same. Pretty sure that's why he didn't re-sign with Hartley that disastrous summer

11 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Can we talk about someone else we are NOT going to sign other than Goodwillie, i.e. any other player on the planet?

So what about that Dennon Lewis ..lol

Just to distract from this silly rumor, for the more long standing (I.e. older) fans, it’s interesting to reflect on the behaviors that were known or acknowledged by players in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s (and, in many cases into the 90’s) before we started to take less of a boys will be boys viewpoint. In fact, until after about 2000, I suspect more than a few similar cases quietly disappeared. There are plenty of shocking tales of footballer antics out there, after all. 

It’s quite satisfying to see that times have changed, but the suggestion about mandatory exclusion periods for set crimes (earlier in the thread) would not be intelligent, in my opinion. The superior choice would be to have a judicial officer for the SFA, possibly a retired judge, to review cases and recommend periods of suspension for offenses against the public order. There are many factors in determining what is appropriate, and that isn’t captured in a “this gets you that” table.

The clear example of that being a drink driving conviction at the lower limit with no incident is much different than the same conviction with four or five times the limit and property damage and/or injuries/deaths. They are both clearly crimes and stupid, but one is clearly criminally reckless, where the other lacks the same sky-high level of inherent stupidity.

Now I’ve got a whole load of love for BSLM but picking him ahead of Rory Loy is an absolutely wild shout.

I’d probably be looking at both Baird and Rudden before big sexy as well.

For creativity I’d start Leitch tomorrow since Longridge is out, provided Tidser is going.

I’d definitely rather see us give Leitch some game time to see if he’s got anything about him. We already know the likes of McShane, Telfer, MacLean aren’t up to much so really is worth giving him a couple of games to see if he’s got anything about him. Particularly like you said with Longridge being out and Tidser seemingly on his way out.

5 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

What is wrong with Longbridge if he is on crutches

His ankle was swollen up after the game last weekend. He said the crutches were precautionary - basically resting the ankle until the swelling abated. 

That was on Tuesday when I spoke to him. Not sure what the current position is; no doubt the FFCTV guys will ask for an injury update in the post-match interviews tomorrow.