The Falkirk FC Thread

Should the SFA look to introduce a system whereby they can refuse to accept a players registration? Eg
Drink driving - 1 year
Assault - 1 year
Drug possession- 1 year
Drink driving that leads to injury or fatality, serious assault, drug dealing, sex offences - permanent 

Maybe every employer should adopt this no future employment for criminals of any type zero tolerance.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Good to see Miller staying on, versatile and is coming into form as he gets more and more match fit.

Leitch getting a new deal is baffling and seems like a waste of a wage. If we lose Longridge over a couple of hundred quid a week and we've used a wage to keep Leitch then that will come back to bite us.

He's probably on absolute peanuts and we will still need a squad of players at the end of the day. 

Great news about Gary Miller staying he’s really turned into quite an important player for us. A great driving force from midfield and his versatility will come in handy as well. Agree with the shouts that he’s more of a leader than Buchanan.

Really don’t understand Leitch getting a new deal he’s made 1 10 minute cameo appearance in the league this season and just seems like cheap shite squad filler. Also really concerned that we’ve not announced anything about Louis yet. He’s such a massive player for us and him leaving will completely damage any chance we have of winning the league.

15 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

To suggest I’m questioning his involvement simply because he happens to wear a particular shirt and kick a ball into a net for a living is absolutely disgusting.

No really, what a shameful and idiotic thing to say.

Rape is an abhorrent crime, and it is a travesty the conviction rate is so low. This must be addressed, and in all honesty I’m not entirely sure how best to even begin to go about that. What I’m damn sure of though is that the solution is not to tar every single individual who has a finger pointed at them with the same brush, assume guilt, stick labels on individuals without a fair trial and cast them from society.

Do you honestly envisage a crime of this nature being taken to a civil court and not ruling in favour of the accuser? That is not to suggest that it is any way fabricated. Unless criminally indicted beyond any doubt or an admission comes from the party involved then it is impossible to say. Goodwillie has denied the accusations and actively appealed the civil verdict since it was administered, and it takes a very special kind of cretin to do that in good conscience.

But please, continue to knock yourself out by spewing vitriol and self righteously abusing anyone who doesn’t agree with your simple views.

I'm going to put my trust in four High Court Judges who say Goodwillie is a rapist.

You can f**k off though. 

Leitch is a weird one, if he was making regular appearances off the bench then i could see it. As it is I'm not sure it's for anything other than a cheap bench filler.

Happy to see Miller sign on as he's become an integral part these past few weeks, if we can get him and Gomis working well in the same midfield we'll have something to build from. 

Worrying that Longridge hasn't signed on, I'm hoping De Vita hasn't been signed as his replacement.

Good to see Miller staying on, versatile and is coming into form as he gets more and more match fit.
Leitch getting a new deal is baffling and seems like a waste of a wage. If we lose Longridge over a couple of hundred quid a week and we've used a wage to keep Leitch then that will come back to bite us.
On twitter someone is saying Longridge is going to America Screenshot_20200103-155440_Twitter.jpeg

Liked Leitchs cameo at Methil. That aside who knows. I think he may be decent but lets give him a wee chance. No passengers.

Miller staying on is a big one though. Once he sharpened up he really has improved week on week and versatility is a great asset. Would have been a real blow to lose him at this point

2 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:
3 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:
And of course you wouldn't cheer when he scores the league winner for gou???

He will never play for us so it will never happen, would you still support him if the victim was your family member?

Erm yes

38 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Maybe every employer should adopt this no future employment for criminals of any type zero tolerance.

Being a professional footballer is not your standard Mon-Friday 9 to 5 job.  These guys are in the public spotlight, younger fans look up to them, in most cases they are representing a club which is a symbol.for the local community.  They should be acting responsibly off the field, if they are willing to jeopardise that by getting involved in unacceptable situations then the risks should be high, instead of just being able to saunter back into professional football like nothing has happened.

Rape is an abhorrent crime, and it is a travesty the conviction rate is so low. This must be addressed, and in all honesty I’m not entirely sure how best to even begin to go about that.

A good start would be people (idiots) believing the accuser after 4 judges have ruled in her favour rather than continuing to defend the offender. It's no wonder people don't come forward if they aren't believed even after Judges support them. Why would they put themselves through the stress and strain to be called a liar even if they win their case.

The irony of your paragraph is pretty startling tbh.

Being a professional footballer is not your standard Mon-Friday 9 to 5 job.  These guys are in the public spotlight, younger fans look up to them, in most cases they are representing a club which is a symbol.for the local community.  They should be acting responsibly off the field, if they are willing to jeopardise that by getting involved in unacceptable situations then the risks should be high, instead of just being able to saunter back into professional football like nothing has happened.

A symbol for the community are you having a laugh! !! Directors who slag each other in public Fans who habitually call other fans c—nts . Hatred of opposition players Songs sung about ex players wife’s being slags . Street fights at local derbies directors accusing fans of racial abuse .Fans swearing at officials in front of children A club anthem with Fu—-ing dynamite sung every week I could go on and on As much as I live my Saturday at a match I’ve never been naive enough to consider fitba an example to hold up as a symbol of which our community should be proud . If you want a club to be proud of take in a match at sunny side at Falkirk rugby club . Shit entertainment poor game but excellent example of how sport can be a great example to the community!!

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

A symbol for the community are you having a laugh! !! Directors who slag each other in public Fans who habitually call other fans c—nts . Hatred of opposition players Songs sung about ex players wife’s being slags . Street fights at local derbies directors accusing fans of racial abuse .Fans swearing at officials in front of children A club anthem with Fu—-ing dynamite sung every week I could go on and on As much as I live my Saturday at a match I’ve never been naive enough to consider fitba an example to hold up as a symbol of which our community should be proud . If you want a club to be proud of take in a match at sunny side at Falkirk rugby club . Shit entertainment poor game but excellent example of how sport can be a great example to the community!!

Swearing at the football is slightly different to raping someone. Anyway if you get caught involved in football related violence you'll be banned from attending, same as racial abuse.