The Falkirk FC Thread

Here's another one saying she was asking for it as she was drunk.
Dear Falkirk fans:
If we do sign the rapist please can we not stoop to this level where we try to justify the rape of a woman just because he scores a few goals for us.
I know you won't.
Thanks 

I’m not saying that anywhere though am I? Try reading again.

2 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

I’m not saying that anywhere though am I? Try reading again.

It's what you don't say.

"Goodwillie, Robertson and the woman were in each others company and drinking together for many hours in the lead up to the incident. It’s not like he was sober and preying on some vulnerable person. They were all hammered and there was nothing to suggest what happened wasn’t consensual, until the next day at least."

= asking for it.

BTW the judge said she was very vulnerable. Poor girl. 

1 minute ago, Sanity check needed. said:
4 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:
 well as really hate falkirk, looking forward to beating you for a third time

Enjoy supporting a morally bankrupt club

And of course you wouldn't cheer when he scores the league winner for gou???

ffs he isnt signing, the topic been moved from what it started out as and prob shouldnt be on this or a new thread for debate in general nonsense not that rape is nonsense but its gone beyond football now.

It's what you don't say.
"Goodwillie, Robertson and the woman were in each others company and drinking together for many hours in the lead up to the incident. It’s not like he was sober and preying on some vulnerable person. They were all hammered and there was nothing to suggest what happened wasn’t consensual, until the next day at least."
= asking for it.
BTW the judge said she was very vulnerable. Poor girl. 

That doesn’t imply she was asking for it, what I’m saying is they were all very drunk and poor decisions were made all round. They shared a taxi with her pal on the way home, she tried to get the woman to leave with her and she refused wanting to stay with Goodwillie and Roberson. Again a poor decision.

I think it’s highly likely that across the country on any given weekend people who are both drunk have sex together or do things they regret. It’s a bit of a minefield and not as clear cut as most vigilantes on here are suggesting.

Having been in the same division for a few seasons the Goodwillie saga has run its course for most of us, most folk would welcome him as a player but not his baggage, think the only way he could maybe get away from it would be a move to lower league in England. Don't where or when the Falkirk signing him thing started but you would think if untrue the club would issue a statement as it seems to be overshadowing everything else at Falkirk (maybe something the board are happy about). Last time we were at Broadwood it was mentioned they were looking to offload him for financial reasons the rumour was he was on £900 a week. Would have thought it would cause another rift that the Falkirk support could do without.

Edited by peternapper

9 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

That doesn’t imply she was asking for it, what I’m saying is they were all very drunk and poor decisions were made all round. They shared a taxi with her pal on the way home, she tried to get the woman to leave with her and she refused wanting to stay with Goodwillie and Roberson. Again a poor decision.

I think it’s highly likely that across the country on any given weekend people who are both drunk have sex together or do things they regret. It’s a bit of a minefield and not as clear cut as most vigilantes on here are suggesting.

= they're all asking for it

35 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Based on probabilities rather than hard evidence. Not proven beyond reasonable doubt, the fact that someone can be labelled a rapist via a civil court rather than a criminal court is contentious at best.

If you bother reading the details of the case you would find that Goodwillie, Robertson and the woman were in each others company and drinking together for many hours in the lead up to the incident. It’s not like he was sober and preying on some vulnerable person. They were all hammered and there was nothing to suggest what happened wasn’t consensual, until the next day at least.

It’s a controversial case, with a lot of grey areas and by the letter of the law with the woman being inebriated you can see why on balance of probability the civil court made its decision (rightly or wrongly).

I also see people slamming Goodwillie for showing no remorse but he has appealed the decision and clearly believes (again rightly or wrongly) that he is innocent. Why would he then admit remorse?

Based on probabilities, yes. So this entirely refutes the claim of a previous poster with whom many of us were disagreeing; namely, that innocence and guilt were 'equally likely'. 

On the balance of probabilities, as you say, the findings of 4 judges were that he was probably guilty. 

Ergo, not equally likely. So you are agreeing with those of us who were taking that particular claim to task. 

Goodwillie has been there for nearly 3 years and, despite a decent scoring record, no other club has tried to get him.  That in itself speaks volumes to me.

He'll stay with Clyde forever I expect as they're the only club which seems to be lacking a moral compass.