The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

I'm genuinely curious; is it ignorance or malice which is causing Falkirk fans to overlook the fact that it is entirely plausible and equally likely that David Goodwillie is not a rapist?

'Equally likely'. 

Good grief. 

expertise vs confidence.jpg

I’m not guessing whether he is innocent or guilty, I’m simply saying that it is very difficult if at all possible to determine which.

It has nothing to do with him as an individual or the fact he plays for Clyde. It’s just curious how everyone seems to be commenting with 100% certainty of his guilt.
Just stop.

I’m not guessing whether he is innocent or guilty, I’m simply saying that it is very difficult if at all possible to determine which.

It has nothing to do with him as an individual or the fact he plays for Clyde. It’s just curious how everyone seems to be commenting with 100% certainty of his guilt.
The fact he lost in civil court and lost his appeal is enough for me.

3 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

The judge, Lord Armstrong said that both he and Robertson "raped her".

That is fact.

4 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Four judges, whose job it is to look at the evidence and "judge" guilt say he's guilty.

26 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

I'm genuinely curious; is it ignorance or malice which is causing Falkirk fans to overlook the fact that it is entirely plausible and equally likely that David Goodwillie is not a rapist?

It most certainly isn't.

That is probably simply a poor choice of words on your part.

2 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Wasn't very difficult for the judge in the civil court who said he raped her.

It was very difficult for the victim who gave up her anonymity to state she had been raped.

What's pathetic is you trying to cast doubt over this poor girl's testimony and the underlying accusation that she was asking for it (despite being very drunk and "vulnerable")

Which has everything to do with you being a Clyde fan - secretly ashamed you have allowed a rapist to be lauded in your team as some sort of hero.

It's entirely plausible you are disgusting

#metoo 

Is it any wonder people are still scared to come forward after being sexually assaulted when there are people with views like yours?

Four judges, whose job it is to look at the evidence and "judge" guilt say he's guilty.

Based on probabilities rather than hard evidence. Not proven beyond reasonable doubt, the fact that someone can be labelled a rapist via a civil court rather than a criminal court is contentious at best.

If you bother reading the details of the case you would find that Goodwillie, Robertson and the woman were in each others company and drinking together for many hours in the lead up to the incident. It’s not like he was sober and preying on some vulnerable person. They were all hammered and there was nothing to suggest what happened wasn’t consensual, until the next day at least.

It’s a controversial case, with a lot of grey areas and by the letter of the law with the woman being inebriated you can see why on balance of probability the civil court made its decision (rightly or wrongly).

I also see people slamming Goodwillie for showing no remorse but he has appealed the decision and clearly believes (again rightly or wrongly) that he is innocent. Why would he then admit remorse?

Offenders 11

1. Alan rough - thief

2. Craig Thomson- paedo 

3. James Coulter - rapist

4. Alan lithgow - pervert

5. Declan gallagher - thug

6. James Forrest- flasher although found not guilty due to lack of evidence

7. Michael gardyne - w****r

8. Ian campbell - drunk driver

9. Goodwillie - rapist

10. Duncan ferguson - mentalist

11. Scott booth - refused breathalyser

Because I am going with the highly qualified judge with years in the profession of judging whether sonething did or didnt happen, and who had the relevant people and information available to him.

You appear to be going with the failure to meet the burden of proof required for a prosecution.

Pretty sure these 'highly qualified' judges don't always get it right...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50981359

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Based on probabilities rather than hard evidence. Not proven beyond reasonable doubt, the fact that someone can be labelled a rapist via a civil court rather than a criminal court is contentious at best.

If you bother reading the details of the case you would find that Goodwillie, Robertson and the woman were in each others company and drinking together for many hours in the lead up to the incident. It’s not like he was sober and preying on some vulnerable person. They were all hammered and there was nothing to suggest what happened wasn’t consensual, until the next day at least.

It’s a controversial case, with a lot of grey areas and by the letter of the law with the woman being inebriated you can see why on balance of probability the civil court made its decision (rightly or wrongly).

I also see people slamming Goodwillie for showing no remorse but he has appealed the decision and clearly believes (again rightly or wrongly) that he is innocent. Why would he then admit remorse?

Here's another one saying she was asking for it as she was drunk.

Dear Falkirk fans:

If we do sign the rapist please can we not stoop to this level where we try to justify the rape of a woman just because he scores a few goals for us.

I know you won't.

Thanks 

Offenders 11
1. Alan rough - thief
2. Craig Thomson- paedo 
3. James Coulter - rapist
4. Alan lithgow - pervert
5. Declan gallagher - thug
6. James Forrest- flasher although found not guilty due to lack of evidence
7. Michael gardyne - w****r
8. Ian campbell - drunk driver
9. Goodwillie - rapist
10. Duncan ferguson - mentalist
11. Scott booth - refused breathalyser

I notice the post earlier that I queried has now been deleted.
I really think this one should be deleted too.
As I said, we need to rein it in a bit here....