The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, HonestAl said:

And a serious assault conviction plus a spell inside didn’t prevent Scotland awarding Gallagher with a cap recently.  Moral high ground? Not too many on here throwing accusations the way of our national team......

I certainly was, in another place, expressing unhappiness with that. 

We could discuss the fact that unlike Goodwillie Gallgher has accepted his guilt, expressed remorse and repaid his debt to society, but instead of that I just find it very, very amusing to see some Falkirk fans (to their credit not most of them) engaging in whatabouttery already, in some pre-emptive defensive posturing. You can bet that those doing so, should this move be fictional, will still give the player absolute dogs abuse for being a beast the next time the sides meet. 

Funny, that. 

Just now, champions said:

Jeez. Didnt know this, was even put on the sex offenders list. Four separate occasions as well, the guy has some underlying problems and one for watching.

It was 4 in one day but still would you want a perv like him at your club. He was put on the list but will have been removed by now.

3 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I certainly was, in another place, expressing unhappiness with that. 

We could discuss the fact that unlike Goodwillie Gallgher has accepted his guilt, expressed remorse and repaid his debt to society, but instead of that I just find it very, very amusing to see some Falkirk fans (to their credit not most of them) engaging in whatabouttery already, in some pre-emptive defensive posturing. You can bet that those doing so, should this move be fictional, will still give the player absolute dogs abuse for being a beast the next time the sides meet. 

Funny, that. 

Should the SFA look to introduce a system whereby they can refuse to accept a players registration? Eg

Drink driving - 1 year

Assault - 1 year

Drug possession- 1 year

Drink driving that leads to injury or fatality, serious assault, drug dealing, sex offences - permanent 

Should the SFA look to introduce a system whereby they can refuse to accept a players registration? Eg
Drink driving - 1 year
Assault - 1 year
Drug possession- 1 year
Drink driving that leads to injury or fatality, serious assault, drug dealing, sex offences - permanent 

Then we’d have no SFA [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Mind we had shovel heid that was up for attempted murder though i think we cut him loose after that  Derek Colquhon it was.

I ended up playing against him at amateur level. 

Goodwillie gets mentioned every window now for the past couple of seasons. Wont happen. He is a wee fucking cock. 

To think the shite we have put up with for years the threats about not going if DG signs is embarrassing. Maybe if folk had been stronger in the summer then we wouldn’t have people in charge contemplating signing him.

Speaking for myself I have only been at approx half a dozen games this season, 3 season tickets not purchased and feeling more alienated from FFC than at any time in my lifelong support of the club.
Whilst I don’t actually believe we will sign Goodwillie the prospect of this happening is something that understandably generates comment on this forum, whether that mirrors feelings in the support as a whole is another matter.
Should this rapey Raploch trash sign for us it would sadly be no great hardship to put my support for FFC into hibernation until the club undergoes a thorough steam clean from boardroom to dressing room.
Hopefully a lot of fuss about nothing but I really am thoroughly scunnered by our club right now.

Looks like there’s a lynch mob forming already on here[emoji16]

I genuinely would be astonished if there’s any truth to this whatsoever. Our board are already under substantial pressure for high risk decisions going wrong and this would probably surpass any of them to date.

Having just installed a management team with the probable intention to try and get fans back onside, I cannot see them going for someone who is likely to have the opposite impact tbh.

I appreciate all the comments re the board not giving a f**k and whilst there are probably individuals of that nature, collectively their mission is to ensure that the club thrives. They won’t achieve that, but doing something that will have a significant impact on season ticket sales would surely be professional suicide?…

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Looks like there’s a lynch mob forming already on hereemoji16.png
I genuinely would be astonished if there’s any truth to this whatsoever. Our board are already under substantial pressure for high risk decisions going wrong and this would probably surpass any of them to date.
Having just installed a management team with the probable intention to try and get fans back inside I cannot see them going for someone who is likely to have the opposite impact tbh.
I appreciate all the comments re the board not giving a f**k and whilst there are probably individuals of that nature, collectively their mission is to ensure that the club thrives. They won’t achieve that but doing something that will have a significant impact on season ticket sales would surely be professional suicide?…

You also have to look at the financial aspect from the Sponsorship side of things would any company dare sponsor that player or indeed back the club what sign does that send out. if they did.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

They won’t achieve that, but doing something that will have a significant impact on season ticket sales would surely be professional suicide?…

You think?

I don’t think it would have much impact at all.

You think?

I don’t think it would have much impact at all.

I do actually.

This is somewhat different from the push to get rid of the board. I think opinions are much more polarised in this case and whilst the majority will still go numbers will drop significantly.

The point re sponsorship above is also a good one...

I'm genuinely curious; is it ignorance or malice which is causing Falkirk fans to overlook the fact that it is entirely plausible and equally likely that David Goodwillie is not a rapist?
How are you gauging the likliehood?

Because I am going with the highly qualified judge with years in the profession of judging whether sonething did or didnt happen, and who had the relevant people and information available to him.

You appear to be going with the failure to meet the burden of proof required for a prosecution.

Are you saying you know enough to say its likely the covil court judge was wrong?

1 minute ago, You Only Live Twice said:

I'm genuinely curious; is it ignorance or malice which is causing Falkirk fans to overlook the fact that it is entirely plausible and equally likely that David Goodwillie is not a rapist?

The fact he was found guilty in a civil court, and then lost 3 appeals suggests that he is more than likely a rapist.

3 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

What makes you think that he is not a rapist?

Is it entirely plausible and equally likely you're talking such nonsense because you're a Clyde fan?