The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You clearly rate him highly and have seen something in him the rest of us haven’t.

I hope you are right mate.

I thought he was very good in the Championship with Livi. If that guy still exists then aywle he hoses it with us. 

The doubt for me is whether he is shot, not whether he was good enough 

33 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ve heard the injury has done him.

I hope you are right and I am wrong though.

Oh how the mighty have fallen a loan deal from Livingston, unfortunately that is our level. The standard of player we are looking for and that is available will be getting better offers. Hopefully he is one of these signings that get more out of the player beside him.

49 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Am i right in saying that currently Longridge, Miller, Toshney and Leitch are all out of contract and would have to be resigned to play on Saturday? Or would it be as trialists?

All are eligible to play on Saturday under their existing contracts. If they want to feature against Peterhead they'll need to sign new ones.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Oh how the mighty have fallen a loan deal from Livingston, unfortunately that is our level. The standard of player we are looking for and that is available will be getting better offers. Hopefully he is one of these signings that get more out of the player beside him.

We will need to wait and see. Hope the lad does well but I’m not convinced.

I’d prefer younger, hungry players but we don’t seem to be in that market just now.

I see someone wrote to KK regarding the possible signing of DG. Surely they should email LM as he is the one in charge of football matters. I still don’t think he will be signed anyway

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

De Vita was, a couple of seasons ago, a player id have snapped your hand off for to join us in the league above. Now you have to take Partick fans word for it that the injury took its toll on him. I dont think hes a shitebag though and Gomis looking terrible in the Chanpionship last season is an indicator of the quality down here. 

I dont hate this signing but the biggest worry for me is that it is highly unimaginative and maybe an indicator of the limitations of two rookie coaches in terms of contacts in the game. 

I’d say he was a total shitebag. The word ‘meh’ was invented for him. He seems to have done okay at Livvy a few years ago but he’s garbage these days and I’d be amazed if he did anything with you. 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

I see someone wrote to KK regarding the possible signing of DG. Surely they should email LM as he is the one in charge of football matters. I still don’t think he will be signed anyway

Can LM open an email?

De Vita is done at Premiership level based on the limited appearances I saw at the end of last season. That said, very harsh to judge reasonably when he has come back from a serious injury. I imagine he will be more than good enough to improve your starting 11.

Regardless of ability, I would suggest this is a good signing for a title chasing squad that appears to be lacking in characters. De Vita will add to the dressing room immediately. I think this is shrewd business from Miller.

De Vita is done at Premiership level based on the limited appearances I saw at the end of last season. That said, very harsh to judge reasonably when he has come back from a serious injury. I imagine he will be more than good enough to improve your starting 11.
Regardless of ability, I would suggest this is a good signing for a title chasing squad that appears to be lacking in characters. De Vita will add to the dressing room immediately. I think this is shrewd business from Miller.

Fingers crossed, but the thistles fans don't seem at all disappointed that he has left them.