The Falkirk FC Thread

Signing Goodwillie makes no sense and I can't imagine this is anything other than a wind up that's grown arms and legs.  
Plenty of reasons for this (number 1 being he is a rapist) but strikers are not the problem atm, with Miller registering himself we now have Miller, McManus, McMillan, Sammon....  appreciate none of them are much good but Miller and McMillan will score occasionally if we continue the long ball obsession and Sammon/McManus are not terrible if balls are played to their feet.  
We need creativity and if M&M are going to be the answer its important they realise this and address t with whatever budget we have in January - not spunk it away on unnecessary rapists.  
If De Vita has been brought in to play wide right, we need someone wide left and another central midfield to link with the strikers & longridge.  Its been said many times before but DKD would be ideal.  That should do.  
**edited to add - forgot about Johnstone!  Surely to God he's on his way**

Sorry your wrong the strikers we have are nowhere near as deadly as goodwillie. He might just be the difference needed to get out of this league. Put aside your concerns about his criminal record we can’t afford to take the moral high ground If we did where would you draw the line.

20 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Sorry your wrong the strikers we have are nowhere near as deadly as goodwillie. He might just be the difference needed to get out of this league. Put aside your concerns about his criminal record we can’t afford to take the moral high ground If we did where would you draw the line.

There are some offences where the moral high ground is a lot higher than the normal high ground.

Kiddie fiddling and sexual offences should be an automatic no no for any club in the SPFL. 

If it was your daughter/sister/other close female relative he had raped how would you feel about cheering him on for the team you support? Or would you still “put aside your concerns”?

13 minutes ago, Enigma said:

If it was your daughter/sister/other close female relative he had raped how would you feel about cheering him on for the team you support? Or would you still “put aside your concerns”?

If he scored a winning goal in the Scottish cup final I’d give him the freedom of Falkirk.

Not that kind*

Edited by gav-ffc

15 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

If he scored a winning goal in the Scottish cup final I’d give him the freedom of Falkirk.

Not that kind*

I'd rather lose another cup final tbh.

Watched 3 cup final defeats but definitely less painful than watching a beast in the navy blue!!!!

We mainly played De Vita in the middle. Didn’t work out for him at us. Scored one great goal at Morton and one in the challenge cup. To be fair the majority of his appearances was during our worst spell. But he isn’t the same player he was at Livingston before his injury. However feel he would be decent at league 1 level. 

8 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

We mainly played De Vita in the middle. Didn’t work out for him at us. Scored one great goal at Morton and one in the challenge cup. To be fair the majority of his appearances was during our worst spell. But he isn’t the same player he was at Livingston before his injury. However feel he would be decent at league 1 level. 

Oh great! another one who should do a job at this level, we need guys who are embarrassed as the fans to be playing in the third tier and wants to use us to get a move to England or a mid ranking a SPL team. 

We have guys trying to eek out every bit of full time football money before the harsh reality of full time work hits. 

Miller is bringing in his pals, McCracken will want to sign one of his Herballife agents next! Shambolic!   

It’s not a shambles of M&Ms making though. De Vita might solve a problem, and will almost certainly demote someone* from the starting line up and/or bench.

*Unfortunately, no-one that would be in the top 3 “get rids”.

4 hours ago, Stainrod said:

What does this line even mean , I read someone saying KK had also said it recently when asked about Goodwillie.

(Must say this KK guy goes down in my estimation very time I hear anything new about him). 

Since when has it been a thing to not take a moral stance and do the decent thing - and what has it to do with money. Wasn't it not just last season they were calling us all racists, now it seems racists, along with rapists, will be welcomed as we can't afford not to.  

According to this Falkirk FC will consider any of the most despicable characters out there as long as they can play a bit and get us out this league. I'm hoping Rose West and the Jamie Bulger killers are no good at football.    

Would have thought you needed someone with a bit more potential  for snagging high balls, given your preferred  style of play. Also isn't he a bit past it?

D00690BC-3CDF-452C-B52B-17483012C756.jpeg

Edited by Brummo
They made me do it

9 hours ago, Stainrod said:

It's not the moral high ground, just common decency.  Football is a game - we're not debating whether or not Goodwilie should be allowed to perform life saving operations here.  

If we can't win promotion from league one then it won't be because we didn't sign Goodwillie.  

6 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

What does this line even mean , I read someone saying KK had also said it recently when asked about Goodwillie.

(Must say this KK guy goes down in my estimation very time I hear anything new about him). 

Since when has it been a thing to not take a moral stance and do the decent thing - and what has it to do with money. Wasn't it not just last season they were calling us all racists, now it seems racists, along with rapists, will be welcomed as we can't afford not to.  

According to this Falkirk FC will consider any of the most despicable characters out there as long as they can play a bit and get us out this league. I'm hoping Rose West and the Jamie Bulger killers are no good at football.    

If we had the choice of either Ched Evans or Marcus Haber, Adam Johnson or Thomas Owen Evans and David Goodwillie or Dennon Lewis, I'd take Haber, Owen Evans and Lewis every time. We might be absolute shoite but at least we could keep our heads held high. 

Don't think I can go to games if Goodwillie signs for us. It's one of those things that would simply call into question why I was going. To put it simply, I think the season ticket would be getting mailed back to the club with an explanation of precisely why I can no longer support them until he's binned. Tbh it would make me question my support of them full stop as I would find it difficult to be involved with an organisation that is okay employing rapists. Some things are bigger than football and this is one of them.