The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why are we? If you pay money you will get quality. Players don’t give a toss if the cash is right

So if we offered say shankland £1k pw more than he is currently on he'd drop down to our level?

3 minutes ago, champions said:

So if we offered say shankland £1k pw more than he is currently on he'd drop down to our level?

That's essentially why he's at Dundee United rather than playing in the top flight. More money and a longer term deal.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's essentially why he's at Dundee United rather than playing in the top flight. More money and a longer term deal.

Ian McCall has claimed his deal at United is beyond what the Edinburgh clubs/Aberdeen could afford. Which suggests those clubs moved for him but he chose the money at United.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Pure shit. Total crap. New coaches same old guff.

Why?

Because it's exactly the kind of lazy, journeyman, old pals act type signing that the likes of Houston and McKinnon would have been absolutely slaughtered for. And I think a fair proportion of the support have had enough of them. Personally I'd rather sign no-one than a 32-year old coming off a serious injury who supporters of his previous club say can "barely move". Think there were other areas of the team crying out for improvement.

Because it's exactly the kind of lazy, journeyman, old pals act type signing that the likes of Houston and McKinnon would have been absolutely slaughtered for. And I think a fair proportion of the support have had enough of them. Personally I'd rather sign no-one than a 32-year old coming off a serious injury who supporters of his previous club say can "barely move". Think there were other areas of the team crying out for improvement.

I guess I am in the minority in seeing it as not quite as bad as whats gone before. Although, as I said firstly, I hope the Gomis effect plays because the Partick fans assessment of him is worrying.

I am also operating under what may be a hopeful delusion that we will be signing quite a few this window. If De Vita turns out to be one of only 2 or three signings, and Mark Durnan starts the rest of the season then I will have to agree with your last point.

43 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why are we? If you pay money you will get quality. Players don’t give a toss if the cash is right

Regan Hendry was reportedly offered far more by Falkirk than we could offer him. Not sure how accurate that is though. 

Although generally cash is the main factor. 

Still hoping we'll pull a rabbit out the hat, but realistically what players of 'quality' could we attract who would a) drop to this level b) whose club would allow them to leave in january and c) can afford?

Edited by champions

Very, very meh signing. Actually a wee bit disappointed we’ve wasted a loan on him tae rather than able to get him in on a free until the end of the season.

I suppose the positive is that it’s not Billy King. Or Fraser Aird. But still just meh.

Very, very meh signing. Actually a wee bit disappointed we’ve wasted a loan on him tae rather than able to get him in on a free until the end of the season.

I suppose the positive is that it’s not Billy King. Or Fraser Aird. But still just meh.
Speaking of Aird I see Cove emptied him after his Old Firm day antics. Odious wee p***k. Hope he doesnt get another gig.