The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Falkirk team of the decade is as follows. I have selected a couple of favourites who maybe don't deserve it as much as others but I'll be fucked if I'm picking that rat bottle job Lyle Taylor and I want Leahy in my team.

McGovern

Muirhead Grant Wallace Leahy

Alston Vaulks Kerr Sibbald

McHugh Farid

Your inclusion of Muirhead, who is incapable of passing a ball 4 yards, in a team of the decade makes me think you are just fishing here.

I know you mentioned you had included personal favourites but come on - McHugh over Lyle Taylor???? Taylor's goal record for us was pretty impressive.  

Y'know Charlton turned down a bid of 4M for Taylor in the summer and he is set to make a move upwards to the EPL (not bad for a "rat bottle job") - Where's Bob these days ?   

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The cash position is the important number. The number announced at the AGM was not too bad IMO and with Vaulks and Gallacher cash to add to that I am pretty sure we will have funds for January to boost the squad. It needs it.

I am surprised people are surprised that M&M have not made a huge difference. The squad they have inherited is lacking in youth, energy, quality and balance. If by the end of January we are still as bad then plenty will be critical of M&M. Not me.

Remember they have taken over a club that is a shambles in the Boardroom (new Chairman will need time to fix). It is divided as the fans have no trust in how it is run and the ownership. It was a tough gig for an experienced manager far less two rookies. There are no scouts in place (we have the lad who looks after the shop doing the reports on future opponents at the moment).

If we don’t go up I won’t be surprised. However even being utterly dross for most of the 19 games so far we are only 3 points off the top.

However as a club we are divided. We don’t have things in place yet to be successful IMO and the continual sticking plaster of the last 2/3 years has to change. We have to get organised properly and that will take time.

Agree with you totally on M&M. I didn't want rookies but they are in place now and can only be judged once they have had a chance to change things.

As for the financial situation , there is an undercurrent which can't be ignored . The BOD/MSG have stripped the club to the point that it is just a shell - no academy, no reserve team or youth teams , no scouting system. Once the sell-on clauses stop delivering unexpected bonuses, which should be real soon as we have not sold anyone since Gallacher, we might be in a spot of bother - if we remain in this league or even hang around the bottom of the Championship. There's no one in the current squad I would want to keep and there is no one with any sell on value, oh and the football is dreadful. 

Thank God for those concerts. Happy new decade!  

Wishlist for 2020 a new owner, a winning team on and off the park any bonus would be a return of the academy and a 4th stand i would go as far as a grass pitch but i dont want someone at the club wheeling me out as a preferred bidder ....😂

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Agree with you totally on M&M. I didn't want rookies but they are in place now and can only be judged once they have had a chance to change things.

As for the financial situation , there is an undercurrent which can't be ignored . The BOD/MSG have stripped the club to the point that it is just a shell - no academy, no reserve team or youth teams , no scouting system. Once the sell-on clauses stop delivering unexpected bonuses, which should be real soon as we have not sold anyone since Gallacher, we might be in a spot of bother - if we remain in this league or even hang around the bottom of the Championship. There's no one in the current squad I would want to keep and there is no one with any sell on value, oh and the football is dreadful. 

Thank God for those concerts. Happy new decade!  

The concert cash has to be put into perspective and not the cash cow people think it is. Its a marketing event by FFC but a good chunk of the cash that is generated goes to Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd where FFC have about a 30% stake and the Council who own the parking and get every coin from that.

No 4th stand until the club buy the stadium and surrounding facilities outright..

Goal of the decade? I was in the South Stand directly in line with Leahy's half volley v Hibs in the playoff. I could see the moment it left his boot it was in, a perfect strike. No keeper could have saved it. There was a token dive by Fatty Foulkes in the Hibs goal but he was beaten the second Leahy connected with the ball.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

28 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Goal of the decade? I was in the South Stand directly in line with Leahy's half volley v Hibs in the playoff. I could see the moment it left his boot it was in, a perfect strike. No keeper could have saved it. There was a token dive by Fatty Foulkes in the Hibs goal but he was beaten the second Leahy connected with the ball.

Leahy at Livi was another thing of beauty. 

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

I’d much rather stick with 3 stands forever and own all of the main stand and stop the 80k a year going to Sandy.

From what I understand of the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd is that the investors-stakeholders that have put in funds, do not own the building their money was spent on.

Like any other investment in a concern it is converted into a % share of the company.

I want them to do well, but nothing I've seen suggests that we're any better than we were under McKinnon.
Folk are making the point that we're unbeaten, but we didn't exactly lose *loads* of games under McKinnon - we just drew an awful lot against teams around our level. Which we're still doing.
Some of our fans were creaming themselves that we thumped a pub team and then beat the worst team in the league. Unbelievable stuff.

Yes, let’s also ignore the fact that we travelled to an in form Montrose and won or that we certainly performed well against Raith Rovers after going a goal and a man down.
Neither of these would have happened under McKinnon.
I’ll ask again, who was the saviour who was going to come in, inspire a bunch of journeymen, and get us on track again? I can’t recollect any inspirational managers being touted on here at all despite the continual undermining of the guys that are now in charge...

23 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Falkirk team of the decade is as follows. I have selected a couple of favourites who maybe don't deserve it as much as others but I'll be fucked if I'm picking that rat bottle job Lyle Taylor and I want Leahy in my team.

McGovern

Muirhead Grant Wallace Leahy

Alston Vaulks Kerr Sibbald

McHugh Farid

I like you as a poster Marshy as you are not scared to ruffle feathers and you stand up to the favourite posters who a lot of folk shite it from but, come on, no Lyle Taylor ?? You know that’s just madness.

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The concert cash has to be put into perspective and not the cash cow people think it is. Its a marketing event by FFC but a good chunk of the cash that is generated goes to Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd where FFC have about a 30% stake and the Council who own the parking and get every coin from that.

No 4th stand until the club buy the stadium and surrounding facilities outright..

Not to be cynical, but has the Council and/or SA ever said they would consider selling their interests in TFS and associated concerns? Or is there an agreement that allows it? Most fans say that should happen, but it seems unlikely they would part with a cash cow. Just wondering why it comes up as much.