The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, get the feeling it’s not a football decision, probably due to our financials at present and most likely further add on costs we simply can’t afford.

I overheard a guy at the raith game saying Tidser had smacked McKinnon. Whether there is a fallout from that being carried over who knows, if it's even true. :)

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What a fucking shite time to be a falkirk fan. 

Yep. 

However,  as we go through life we can change our house, we can change our job, our car, our girlfriend / boyfriend, our wife / husband but one thing we never change is the team that we are born to support. Now that vow really is "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part".

Onwards and upwards.

COYB.

16 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yep. 

However,  as we go through life we can change our house, we can change our job, our car, our girlfriend / boyfriend, our wife / husband but one thing we never change is the team that we are born to support. Now that vow really is "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part".

Onwards and upwards.

COYB.

And to never ever ever give up 

After the avalanche of new players the past three or four transfer windows, this one is going to be ultra boring, having no money.  Mind you, considering the dross we brought in maybe it's not such a bad thing.

1 hour ago, champions said:

I overheard a guy at the raith game saying Tidser had smacked McKinnon. Whether there is a fallout from that being carried over who knows, if it's even true. :)

Which would have been gross misconduct and instant dismissal with no financial penalties for the club. 

Somebody's talking shite.

Well let’s all look forward to the new year, said at the time ( M&M appointment) that the main objective was to take the pressure off the BOD MSG, for failing to fire RM on bringing us down into the mire. Absurdly & shockingly ( not being fired) he (RM) was given a budget the chancellor of the exchequer would have been doing cartwheels with. Any decent manager should have identified the best young players from around the leagues and maybe with likes of Gomis Longridge and Mitch built a team worthy of pulling on the navy blue.
What we got ( on paper ) was 12/13 players that were from mediocre teams, a large percentage squad players. Every supporter could see that after 4/5 games we had an imbalanced first eleven. Young fit hard working teams soon had us worked out, bloody hell it wasn’t that difficult. Wind the clock on, M&M brought in, sorry but apart from two twenty minute spells over the past five games were back to a negative McKinnonesque style of football.
Unless both have been promised funds for making changes, I’m terrified that we will be at best in the play offs, and with no wins out of seven games played against the top three stats don’t lie. We won’t go up.
Hate saying this but unless M&M can change the attitudes and desires of the current squad, and with change of personnel we’re quickly heading into the abyss.
Another season down here would ultimately lead to admin, or part time football. Can’t even think that our MSG would want this scenario.......

Where are you getting this potential “admin” from? Who isn’t being paid?

We’re currently trading at substantial losses, as reported in the past few weeks, It will not take a great deal of thought to work out that the potential losses for being in the third tier this season will see a similar debt. For our club to have losses of over 1M and unless we find another investor or MSG take further soft loans, I’d  Imagine that “ potential admin “ would be a possibility, however I may be off mark 

Werent those losses from paying off a wild amount of players/staff and the McKinnon fiasco?  

I thought we were running a breakeven budget this season so presumably the only losses will have been from paying off McKinnon & Taylor. That plus whatever the net effect is from January.

You'd like to think that M&M are aware of him, the fact that he played for us and was a fan's favourite and that he's currently available? Maybe someone should tell them?

I heard he’s chucked and looking for part time , I understand £500 per week not enough to tempt him to play full time anywhere never mind div 1

Must be hard being a player.  In the next few days you might hear you have been sold or gone on load to Peterhead (no disrespect meant), or some other out of the way place, having to uproot your life on a couple of days notice whether you like it or not.  Yes I know it's their chosen career, just saying not many of us would like that kind of life.  Almost like the life of a traveller.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Werent those losses from paying off a wild amount of players/staff and the McKinnon fiasco?  I thought we were running a breakeven budget this season so presumably the only losses will have been from paying off McKinnon & Taylor. That plus whatever the net effect is from January.

Yeah thought the same and sure someone said we are currently running under our budget

8 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

We’re currently trading at substantial losses, as reported in the past few weeks, It will not take a great deal of thought to work out that the potential losses for being in the third tier this season will see a similar debt. For our club to have losses of over 1M and unless we find another investor or MSG take further soft loans, I’d  Imagine that “ potential admin “ would be a possibility, however I may be off mark 

We are not "currently" trading at substantial losses.

We chose to spend more than our income in a previous financial year, which we could afford to do due to having surplus cash. 

If I remember correctly, there were figures given at the AGM for the current financial year which showed we were ahead of budget. (ie making a profit)

OK, so if we're trading within budget at the moment (which would be largely similar for the rest of the season) and the rumours of Bell & Tidser departing are true, then there would surely be a good bit of leeway to bring in bodies during the window? I would assume that these two are our biggest earners, although we would presumably still have to pay a large chunk of Tidser's wages.

I'm also thinking that Toshney's time may be up unfortunately. Just our luck that our best CD is also injury prone because, under the circumstances, I don't think we can afford  to keep him.

I'd like to keep Miller but I've been told he's going to Partick. Moore,as we know, is away but I think we'll keep Leitch as he'll be relatively cheap.

39 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

It was reported at the AGM that we are currently trading at break-even and that was before the report that we are getting an add-on for Gallagher.