The Falkirk FC Thread

Why’s DKD not been offered anything? Genuinely brought excitement anytime he was on the ball last season and chipped in with a few goals. Would absolutely shag this league.
It's really weird that he isnt playing anywhere. He looked definitely rough but with flair and a lot of potential.

Wonder if he's chucked it, would be a shame.

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Tbf it’s not a great start. 2 wins from 5 league games and the style of football really isn’t much better than under McKinnon.

I’m definitely not against them and like most fans I imagine really like both of them but I’m really concerned as every game goes that they are not learning anything. This formation does not work with the squad we’ve got, it nullifies our most creative player in Longridge and means our shite centre backs end up with note of the ball. I really want them to do well but they need to learn fast and we really need a big January with a good few players coming/going.

Need to get behind the boys COYB and give them a chance!?!!1 COYB

20 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

It's really weird that he isnt playing anywhere. He looked definitely rough but with flair and a lot of potential.

Wonder if he's chucked it, would be a shame.

You'd like to think that M&M are aware of him, the fact that he played for us and was a fan's favourite and that he's currently available? Maybe someone should tell them?

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Why’s DKD not been offered anything? Genuinely brought excitement anytime he was on the ball last season and chipped in with a few goals. Would absolutely shag this league.

I’m guessing getting him to move here permanently for a mediocre wage in league 1 might not  be easy as he’s been back home down south.

51 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You'd like to think that M&M are aware of him, the fact that he played for us and was a fan's favourite and that he's currently available? Maybe someone should tell them?

Or there is some background baggage they don't like. It's the only reason I can think of why we or nobody else has signed him.

I want them to do well, but nothing I've seen suggests that we're any better than we were under McKinnon.

Folk are making the point that we're unbeaten, but we didn't exactly lose *loads* of games under McKinnon - we just drew an awful lot against teams around our level. Which we're still doing.

Some of our fans were creaming themselves that we thumped a pub team and then beat the worst team in the league. Unbelievable stuff.

I dont have any problem with M and M being appointed, the thing is they can only p*ss with the c*ck that Ray McKinnon has till January, i dont expect Durnan or any of the players to miraculously turn into Messi or Ronaldo what did you honestly expect at least we are trying to attack the problem is the players we have are limited in that capacity.  It would be nice to turn up at a game and not think "oh f**k" when Durnan has the ball or even see Doyle actually beat his man, we seen Sammon win a header on Saturday so theres a start.

Doyle is incapable of dinking past or wrong footing his man he simply runs into him hoping the ball will break his way Absolute jobber

As I previously posted in the summer, if we do sign Goodwillie, I will not be back as long as he is on our books.

I hope that it is just speculation and rumour.  The fact is that when I spoke with Kieron in the club shop in the summer about this issue, his statement to me was " the club cannot take the moral high ground"   Well I as a father and husband, categorically can!

Think that has been the biggest f**k up, i would imagine that 90% of this leagues players were out of contract last summer we should have went for 5 or 6 of the better ones who know this league then back them up with quality like longbridge, Gomis, mutch etc. Even if it meant doing a hybrid model with some staying part time similar to Raiths model.

1 hour ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Think that has been the biggest f**k up, i would imagine that 90% of this leagues players were out of contract last summer we should have went for 5 or 6 of the better ones who know this league then back them up with quality like longbridge, Gomis, mutch etc. Even if it meant doing a hybrid model with some staying part time similar to Raiths model.

What we do in the transfer market players in and out in the next few weeks will not only define this season but seasons to come.

We require players that have a future and the team can be built around. Not only this season but the next two. Sign the right type, and players around them can be like new signings. Who would be good enough if we did go up ? Mutch, Gomis, McManus, Longridge and then one or two maybe's and that's it. So the new signings should not only help get us promoted but give a squad of 7 to 8 to build from in the higher league.

The problem is that the type of player we require and would be available would have more attractive offers than FFC.

As for Part Time be warned ! If we did even with some of the squad then its the slippery slope and near impossible to change. Believe me I lived through it in the 70's in the Miller , Little , Hagart era and it was turgid decline and attendances down to 400-500 and no hope no future. We lost generations of supporters and they never came back.

10 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Tidser told he can leave on loan. Wrong move IMO but I’d imagine it’s to free up wages.

And an aging, immobile striker with a dubious injury record who's a mate of the manager coming in. Struggle to see the logic of anything going on at the moment. Bizarre.

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

Tidser told he can leave on loan. Wrong move IMO but I’d imagine it’s to free up wages.

Quite disappointed at this but no real surprise. Feel hes not been given a fair chance and hes one of a few players who gets the ball down and tries to play a forward pass.

I wonder what the issue is with Tidser. McKinnon bombed him out the team without any real justification and now M&M are letting him go without giving him a chance to prove himself. 

Regarding Da Vita, I've seen him described as a midfielder but also a forward. I wonder if he's being signed to play as an attacking midfielder since that's what we seem to be lacking. It certainly doesn't make any sense to sign another striker.