The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

At least we can all take a certain amount of enjoyment from that wee ned Fraser Aird getting binned by Cove for getting caught making 'certain signs' at Parkhead yesterday. He's probably buzzing that he'll be free to spend his weekends at The Louden. Shite footballer and a total bigot. Happy days.

Aww can we sign him.....

35 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

To be fair, I haven’t turned on them. I didn’t want them to start with and don’t think they have the skills and knowledge required to do the job.

100%. The more I've thought about it, the more I'm annoyed the board got rid of McKinnon just to bring in two ex-players thinking that would ameliorate fans anger towards them. I like McCracken and Miller as every Falkirk fan but the whole 'we're having a process' only to appoint them 2 days later, with them having done nothing to warrant being given the job, stinks to me. In a season where we need to go up, giving the job to two rookies, no matter how popular or 'sexy' they are, doesn't sit well with me. I've seen nothing so far to make me think they have the answers either.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Can we stop talking about Clyde FCs rapist. Don’t want him here, he won’t be here. Chat over.

I wouldn't be so sure about the part in bold. And the more critical chat of it there is on forums the better. It might make the club reconsider if they are thinking about morally bankrupting the club to overtake East Fife.

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

100%. The more I've thought about it, the more I'm annoyed the board got rid of McKinnon just to bring in two ex-players thinking that would ameliorate fans anger towards them. I like McCracken and Miller as every Falkirk fan but the whole 'we're having a process' only to appoint them 2 days later, with them having done nothing to warrant being given the job, stinks to me. In a season where we need to go up, giving the job to two rookies, no matter how popular or 'sexy' they are, doesn't sit well with me. I've seen nothing so far to make me think they have the answers either.

Upvoted this post for teaching me a new word. "Ameliorate", some boy.

Folk already turning on Cracks and Miller are pathetic 
They've hardly even had a bad start 

Tbf it’s not a great start. 2 wins from 5 league games and the style of football really isn’t much better than under McKinnon.

I’m definitely not against them and like most fans I imagine really like both of them but I’m really concerned as every game goes that they are not learning anything. This formation does not work with the squad we’ve got, it nullifies our most creative player in Longridge and means our shite centre backs end up with note of the ball. I really want them to do well but they need to learn fast and we really need a big January with a good few players coming/going.

5 hours ago, Rocco said:
6 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:
Can't see any truth in the Goodwillie rumour, De Vita seems much more likely but not exactly excited by the prospect. 
M&M have to take a large chunk of the blame for recent performances.  As others have said, the 5 at the back + holding midfielder formation is designed towards not losing.  In this league (and even with this squad) we should never be resorting to 3 centre halves and a holding midfielder.  M&M don't seem capable of noticing this or changing to a more attacking style - that's disappointing.  

Conte won the league with Chelsea by playing that formation. We are missing the creative player in midfield to link up play and we always end up with 2 of the three midfielders sitting deeper as they both want to pick the ball up off the defence.

Chelsea played 343 though we end up playing 532.

Let’s sign whoever we need to win this god awful league. Instead of signing journeymen we should splash what little cash we have do sign the best from RR EF and Airdrie , probably get them all for 100k boosting us and weakening them ! Failure to do so will leave us down with the part timers I fear but I l don’t have much faith / hope as our board have showed no signs of applying any strategic thinking to date it’s been disaster by committee so far. Goodwilly ie is the best striker in the league a free man and allegedly available! Believe me if the criminal case were likely to succeed the PF would have had him in court. Hatred , bigotry and abuse of all sorts are far to rife in football and never likely ever to be replaced by forgiveness , however the crew on here looking to field a team of Sunday school teachers should equally take a look at themselves.

56 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I wouldn't be so sure about the part in bold. And the more critical chat of it there is on forums the better. It might make the club reconsider if they are thinking about morally bankrupting the club to overtake East Fife.

Knowing this mob, the opposite effect is probably more likely. The more visible and vocal the opposition to any possible move for him becomes, the more determined and emboldened they'll be to see it through. Pissing off the support will be a nice little added bonus for them to round off the decade.

Come on guys, now is not the time to turn against M&M.   Maybe that time will come, but give them a chance for now.   Maybe they weren't the best choice available but that boat has sailed already for the rest of the season.  After the nightmare of the past few years with all the disruption, anger and infighting we need a period of stability.    How about we close ranks for a while? 

To be fair, I haven’t turned on them. I didn’t want them to start with and don’t think they have the skills and knowledge required to do the job.

Tbf it’s not a great start. 2 wins from 5 league games and the style of football really isn’t much better than under McKinnon.

I’m definitely not against them and like most fans I imagine really like both of them but I’m really concerned as every game goes that they are not learning anything. This formation does not work with the squad we’ve got, it nullifies our most creative player in Longridge and means our shite centre backs end up with note of the ball. I really want them to do well but they need to learn fast and we really need a big January with a good few players coming/going.

I suspect this is the views of any sensible Falkirk fan.

I dont have any problem with M and M being appointed, the thing is they can only p*ss with the c*ck that Ray McKinnon has till January, i dont expect Durnan or any of the players to miraculously turn into Messi or Ronaldo what did you honestly expect at least we are trying to attack the problem is the players we have are limited in that capacity.  It would be nice to turn up at a game and not think "oh f**k" when Durnan has the ball or even see Doyle actually beat his man, we seen Sammon win a header on Saturday so theres a start.

Let’s sign whoever we need to win this god awful league. Instead of signing journeymen we should splash what little cash we have do sign the best from RR EF and Airdrie , probably get them all for 100k boosting us and weakening them ! Failure to do so will leave us down with the part timers I fear but I l don’t have much faith / hope as our board have showed no signs of applying any strategic thinking to date it’s been disaster by committee so far. Goodwilly ie is the best striker in the league a free man and allegedly available! Believe me if the criminal case were likely to succeed the PF would have had him in court. Hatred , bigotry and abuse of all sorts are far to rife in football and never likely ever to be replaced by forgiveness , however the crew on here looking to field a team of Sunday school teachers should equally take a look at themselves.

Some hot take from yer da right there.

rumours of billy king

He’s a lightweight shitebag. A winger version of Charlie Telfer. He’d probably do ok but he’s done absolutely nothing so far in his career. Would rather we’d avoid signing dugmeat like that tbh.

He’s a lightweight shitebag. A winger version of Charlie Telfer. He’d probably do ok but he’s done absolutely nothing so far in his career. Would rather we’d avoid signing dugmeat like that tbh.
That rumour has reared his head a couple of times before. Im with you. Not another shitehouse that goes missing in every match.

I dont have any problem with M and M being appointed, the thing is they can only p*ss with the c*ck that Ray McKinnon has till January, i dont expect Durnan or any of the players to miraculously turn into Messi or Ronaldo what did you honestly expect at least we are trying to attack the problem is the players we have are limited in that capacity.  It would be nice to turn up at a game and not think "oh f**k" when Durnan has the ball or even see Doyle actually beat his man, we seen Sammon win a header on Saturday so theres a start.

I want Miller and McCracken to do well, I want them to get us up and have us doing well in the league above also. However:

We knew Durnan was an issue under McKinnon, yet this management duo try and shoehorn him into a back 3/5 at every opportunity. How about just don’t play him and stick to a back four when Toshney is fit?

You’re right, it’s frustrating watching Doyle struggle to beat a man, yet they’ve set him up as the only option down the right hand side.

In fairness to Sammon winning a header, they’ve went with McMillan and McManus the last few games to avoid this. Yet everyone knows Sammon isn’t a target man anyway so why would you insist on playing it high to him anyway.

This attacking football... in five league games we’ve been out shot by, you guessed it, Airdrie Raith and East Fife.

Not asking us to scud everyone 4 or 5 nil. I do expect a full time team to have a clear game plan for how to break down any opposition in this league, and get the best out of these players who are no great shakes, but can certainly improve.