The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, KiwiDB said:

So, you can point to the "rape conviction" on his record following that can you?

Eh, no, he was sued in a civil court, there was no trial for "rape".

There's no such thing as a conviction in a civil court proceeding.

Embarrassing.

You homed in on a well reasoned argument there Tulloch however can’t help thinking that it’s time for us all to draw a line under what is now an historic legal case & move on.
Personally speaking & purely from a team perspective I would prefer that we went after the centre midfielder at Clyde who in the match at Broadwood ran the show 

I’m not sure who that was, but I know that Clyde having the lovely reputation that they do have a racist in their ranks too. So if it’s Ally Love I’d rather not sign him after he racially abused another player a couple of seasons ago (May have been last).

Surely to f*ck Cracks can spot a shit defender much easier than us fannies rattling away on our keyboards. He HAS to know how shit Durnan is and how slightly less shite Buchanan, Doyle and Dixon are. If we keep playing Durnan after the transfer window then it speaks volumes about our new managers.

Doyle gets right on my tits the way he arses about off the park as if he is some sort of fantastic footballer. He should have a long look at his performances and stop being an attention seeker.

As everyone has said, the transfer window is obviously the making or breaking of our season. I have no doubts there will be signings, and they may well be to serve a short term purpose. 

I would like to think our managers have made a few good contacts during their careers that might  be a bonus to us. They have a lot of footballing experience between them so I don't think we are spotting weaknesses that they aren't, and tbf, most of our weaknesses stick out a mile.

I suppose it all depends on who is available, how much money we have to spend, who is willing to come to us, but it would take an epic RMesque f**k up for us to have a poorer team after the window than we have now.

Should a player found guilty, whether it be through criminal or civil courts, be allowed to play professional football ?e.g. drink driving, assault, drug offences, indecent exposure etc

I'm not sticking up for goodwillie btw, on a football level hes a class above, but morally it doesn't sit well with me.

7 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Surely to f*ck Cracks can spot a shit defender much easier than us fannies rattling away on our keyboards. He HAS to know how shit Durnan is and how slightly less shite Buchanan, Doyle and Dixon are. If we keep playing Durnan after the transfer window then it speaks volumes about our new managers.

Doyle gets right on my tits the way he arses about off the park as if he is some sort of fantastic footballer. He should have a long look at his performances and stop being an attention seeker.

As everyone has said, the transfer window is obviously the making or breaking of our season. I have no doubts there will be signings, and they may well be to serve a short term purpose. 

I would like to think our managers have made a few good contacts during their careers that might  be a bonus to us. They have a lot of footballing experience between them so I don't think we are spotting weaknesses that they aren't, and tbf, most of our weaknesses stick out a mile.

I suppose it all depends on who is available, how much money we have to spend, who is willing to come to us, but it would take an epic RMesque f**k up for us to have a poorer team after the window than we have now.

The that’s what annoys the shite out of me about him, fucks up the simple things and shouts at everyone else see Saturday think it was Doyle he tried to cross it out to hit the ball too hard and too far in front and went out for a throw in to  Airdrie 

12 minutes ago, champions said:

Should a player found guilty, whether it be through criminal or civil courts, be allowed to play professional football ?e.g. drink driving, assault, drug offences, indecent exposure etc

I'm not sticking up for goodwillie btw, on a football level hes a class above, but morally it doesn't sit well with me.

Rape is significantly different to drink driving or drug offences. It baffles me that this is even a question. 

Should a player be banned from football because of an offence? Maybe not officially. Should any club that wants to sign a rapist be absolutely hounded and should their fans - if they aren’t total scumbags - express their disgust? Absolutely yes.

1 minute ago, VladimirMooc said:

Rape is significantly different to drink driving or drug offences. It baffles me that this is even a question. 

Should a player be banned from football because of an offence? Maybe not officially. Should any club that wants to sign a rapist be absolutely hounded and should their fans - if they aren’t total scumbags - express their disgust? Absolutely yes.

Drink driving is extremely serious, could easily kill someone.

2 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Agreed ! But the problem is that there are better options than Falkirk for the players we would want and who are available. We ain't the desirable gig that tempted the likes of Will Vaulks and Lyle Taylor to kickstart their careers with us. 

Look at it from the point of view of someone we want to sign.

Ownership ? Team management ? Clubs future direction ?

It's these unknown factors that will influence if they sign or not. The only countermeasure to these negatives is a longer contract and money and that is not a good position to be in.

Its going to be an interesting 2 -3 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

I’m not saying that it isn’t serious. I’m saying that it’s a different offence to rape, as the criminal justice and sentencing system reflects. But nae bother. 

So you'd happily support a player who was convicted of assault, drink driving, racial abuse etc?

10 minutes ago, champions said:

So you'd happily support a player who was convicted of assault, drink driving, racial abuse etc?

I’m genuinely unsure of what your point is here. I’m saying that fans should speak out against rapists being employed by their club.

I also think all of the offences you’ve listed are bad things, and I wouldn’t want people guilty of them to be anywhere near my club (especially anyone guilty of racial offences). What is also true is that rape is a more serious offence than any of them. What’s the disagreement?

I’m genuinely unsure of what your point is here. I’m saying that fans should speak out against rapists being employed by their club.

This, firstly while I do believe everyone deserves a second chance another poster hit the nail on the head by saying but not in a privileged position such as professional footballer.

Secondly, we are a family orientated club with a significant female support too, what message does that send to the female supporters of the club? He has still be found guilty, albeit civil and not criminal.

As much as he is a good footballer, morality has much more weighting in life(in my opinion) but no doubt goals and potential money will sway the decision as to whether or not he does come (provided there is any substance to the rumour)

14 minutes ago, Falkirk Till_ I Die said:

Folk already turning on Cracks and Miller are pathetic 

They've hardly even had a bad start 

To be fair, I haven’t turned on them. I didn’t want them to start with and don’t think they have the skills and knowledge required to do the job.

At the moment at least half of the team wants to launch the ball at the earliest opportunity.

No chance of us winning the league with that, we need someone in midfield to take the ball off defence and make something happen. I reckon that's what McShane thinks he's doing but it just doesn't come off for him and the ball ends up going to Miller or the defence to launch aimlessly.

So my shopping list for January is

- An actual CB to get Durnan out of the team and hopefully steady Buchanan
- A creative midfielder to get us playing football
- A winger to stop us relying on Doyle/Dixon for width.

If we get these players in at a much higher quality than the players they'll replace then i think/hope that'll raise the level of the rest of the team and we wont need a complete rebuild again.