The Falkirk FC Thread

53 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

If there are new faces coming in then surely the priority must be the defence. Durnan is easily as bad as anyone we had last year and there is a reason Buchanan has a new club every season ( clue: he is shite).

I agree that these guys are terrible but the quality of the league means that we’re not conceding. 

We need some width and creativity in the final third to allow us to actually go and win the games.

Yeah I would possibly be pushed over the edge to not going to any games if Goodwillie signed for us. He has shown no remorse as far as I have seen and I would really struggle to cheer him on. I can see an element of our support making backing him a badge of honour to seem "edgy" to try and shock and offend.

I was talking to a Clyde fan not long ago, who has stopped going to their games and won't be back until Goodwillie goes.  He is of the opinon that while he deserves a second chance, there's no reason why it has to be a second chance at a prestigous job like being a professional footballer (even at this diddy level) and there's no reason his club have to be the ones to give it to him. 

What’s happening at Falkirk this season?

I genuinely thought you boys would walk it. Still,  half a season to play and if I am honest I reckon you will still win it - at a push. 

That said, you should be looking to be breaking records winning it. For me that would be the disappointing part. Not absolutely punishing the other seaside teams. 

All joking aside, what about Jim Duffy as manager? He took a side toiling at the seaside (and scraping a play-off position in 4th)  to being fairly reasonably competitive  in the Championship. I am sure a lot of ton fans will be looking back on his time with misty eyes.

Anyway,  good luck Bairns. Feed the salmon and he will score. 😀

Just now, qos_75 said:

All joking aside, what about Jim Duffy as manager? He took a side toiling at the seaside (and scraping a play-off position in 4th)  to being fairly reasonably competitive  in the Championship. I am sure a lot of ton fans will be looking back on his time with misty eyes

Hahahahaha!

I liked De Vita at Livi  & Ross County so was happy when we got him but he's looked every inch of a 32 year old coming off a year out with an ACL injury. Still has some good touches but zero mobility. Was worried we'd have to keep him as there was no mention of a break clause when he took the year loan.

As above, if it were up to the fans we'd happily give you Robson back as well.

I liked De Vita at Livi  & Ross County so was happy when we got him but he's looked every inch of a 32 year old coming off a year out with an ACL injury. Still has some good touches but zero mobility. Was worried we'd have to keep him as there was no mention of a break clause when he took the year loan.
As above, if it were up to the fans we'd happily give you Robson back as well.

An immobile midfielder? Just what we need.

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

An immobile midfielder? Just what we need.

He's more of a forward but aye, 32, years past his best and with a poor injury record, absolutely the last thing we need. Be just as well letting Denny Johnstone hang about until the summer. No thanks