The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, printer said:

Reading a lot of these posts, am I right thinking you Falkirk fans are most concerned with your defence?

We’ve got the third best defensive record in Scotland but they are absolutely shocking.

I know it makes no sense and I can’t get my head around it. You’re just going to have to accept it.

22 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Mark Durnan produced the worst footballing performance I’ve seen in a very long time today. 

I'm not sure you have to go all that far back to be honest. Only one year ago to the day perhaps and our pumping from the Pars when the great Aaron "Aero" Muirhead produced a ludicrous defensive display of such ineptitude that I thought would be impossible to ever top. "Big Durns" probably did not quite surpass it today but,  fair play to him, he gave it a bloody good go. None of the three centre halves are fit for purpose. They were embarrassing at East Fife three weeks ago and plumbed similar depths today against a distinctly mediocre Airdrie, unable to clear their lines or anticipate bouncing balls. Two of them are on long contracts however, so Toshney has to go, maybe a wee bit unfortunate but there is simply no room (or cash) for any sentiment in our current position. We absolutely need to free up some money with the intention of signing at least one semi-competent central defender and go to a back four so that only one of the hapless trio (Buchanan) has to remain in the team.

21 minutes ago, printer said:

Reading a lot of these posts, am I right thinking you Falkirk fans are most concerned with your defence?

The number one problem with the defence is that they are minging. 

That aside, I think it’s where a lot of our lack of creativity stems from, we have absolutely nothing to build from. Durnan passed 3 into the stand today when trying to pick out the right back and even if he found him the right back would only have run into someone or crossed it into the stand behind the goal.

We’ve got the third best defensive record in Scotland but they are absolutely shocking.
I know it makes no sense and I can’t get my head around it. You’re just going to have to accept it.

Fortunately for our defence the standard of play in this league is so bad they are getting away with what would be described as gross incompetence in a proper job.

As far as shit defenders go Aero, Durnan, Dallison and Brian Hamilton are the stick outs as shit go that we have had i struggle to think of any worse than that four.  Anytime Durnan tried to pass it today it went out and when he did get caught out he ended up shouting at anyone else close by to blame for his cluelessness

If our current squad were together in the Championship, they too would be relegated.

Seems the initial reaction to M&M is now wearing off, and the players are returning to their old ways. There is zero momentum (despite the lack of recent defeats), and it looks like a fair few players will be as happy to see the back of us as we will be to see the back of them.

Surely rock bottom can’t be too much further down. The damage inflicted by the MSG and BoD via Hartley and McKinnon in such a short time frame is truly eye watering.

Expect the Unexpected? Not any more.

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We do at least look decent going forward but the front two would be even more of a threat with better service from midfield.

To an extent only though mate. I agree the players (Edit: The forwards, McMillan and McManus especially, not the whole team) are good but we still only had 2-3 chances in that entire game despite actually looking capable of switching defense to attack in periods of that second half. Lots more effort, lots more pace, still no chances. 

The amount of times we hoof the ball with no pressure is unreal and we're not even good at hoofing. I see City keeping the ball away from Wolves with 10 men in the 75th minute and then watch us play 90 minutes where not a single one of our players ever had time on the ball. How is that possible? It's all frantic, there's always opponents in our face and we never get into a position where we could pass the ball around the opponents half let alone box. Really worrying stuff again today for me, but the good effort I saw today and vs. Raith is the saving grace at the moment.

Oh and despite everyone having said it already, I must add: Durnan's passing was on a level I have never seen before in a professional game. There was a moment in the second half where our fans did a half sarcastic, half serious "oh no"-grumble when the ball came to him and he proceeded to move two yards right and boot it straight out of the park. Unreal consistency with his shiteness on the ball, you'd think he might accidentally get one right.

Edited by Gollum

No doubt there’s a higher work rate on display, but with no clear intent other than to not get beat. Clyde, Raith, Airdrie, East Fife....all seem beyond us. Now we are conceding few goals, but we aren’t scoring many either. Players that the support see us utterly dire are still getting in the team (and not because of a lack of options).
I had hoped McKinnon’s departure would have lifted the malaise, but it doesn’t look like it. Feels like we have McManus, Mutch and Longridge plus 8 manic depressives on the park.

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm thinking that Tidser may have been carrying an injury because, why the f**k else would we have played Durnan and pushed Miller to midfield? I think that not putting him on following the various injuries may back that up.

Its down to two things for me re Tidser either the management team dont see him as being fit which he isnt or his wage is topped up with league appearance money, given his injury record in recent years. 

I cant see him being here for the rest of the season tbh

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If our current squad were together in the Championship, they too would be relegated.

Seems the initial reaction to M&M is now wearing off, and the players are returning to their old ways. There is zero momentum (despite the lack of recent defeats), and it looks like a fair few players will be as happy to see the back of us as we will be to see the back of them.

Surely rock bottom can’t be too much further down. The damage inflicted by the MSG and BoD via Hartley and McKinnon in such a short time frame is truly eye watering.

Expect the Unexpected? Not any more.

Are you Tom English ?

We are unbeaten under M&M, they are still pissing with McKinnon's cock which we all have seen was not great but we wouldve lost a game or two in recent weeks under McKinnon as far as I am concerned.

We wont have a huge turnover of players in Jan but we obviously need to get the right ones in to improve us, its not all rosy but by fuk its not as dark as it was under McKinnon.

The Dunfermline spend money we dont have with Rutkiewicz and Martin Hardie is the example of what we need to get us out of this league, tho I think we need a bit more than 2 players tbh

I think the Tidser thing could be down to the opponent i.e. he isnt the sort of player thats up for a battle there for no chance of putting him in a midfield where he cant be arsed fighting for the ball so that put him down to one of the other 6 teams in the league.

Even if by some miracle we do go up this season the current lot are mid to bottom championship (thats what a team or journeymen get you).  Did RM give Durnan a 2 year deal if so i can only imagine his agent had pics of RM doing something dodgy how in the name of f**K and i cant see anyone being stupid enough to pay money for him to take him off our hands

IMO the best 2 periods of play since M+M took over have been the 2nd half v Raith (with 10men) and the 15-20mins in the 2nd half yesterday after we switched to 4 at the back. We need to ditch this 3/5 at the back ASAP, we simply do not have the players for it, Buchanan  and Durnan are not great (Durnan especially) but the biggest issue with this formation is our full/wing backs are not up to the job, Doyle seem absolutely incapable of beating a man and Dixon is a disaster waiting to happen, he goes flying into challenges like a naive 18 year old debutant, as soon as we had 2 wingers on the pitch we stared to play a bit.

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

To an extent only though mate. I agree the players (Edit: The forwards, McMillan and McManus especially, not the whole team) are good but we still only had 2-3 chances in that entire game despite actually looking capable of switching defense to attack in periods of that second half. Lots more effort, lots more pace, still no chances. 

The amount of times we hoof the ball with no pressure is unreal and we're not even good at hoofing. I see City keeping the ball away from Wolves with 10 men in the 75th minute and then watch us play 90 minutes where not a single one of our players ever had time on the ball. How is that possible? It's all frantic, there's always opponents in our face and we never get into a position where we could pass the ball around the opponents half let alone box. Really worrying stuff again today for me, but the good effort I saw today and vs. Raith is the saving grace at the moment.

Oh and despite everyone having said it already, I must add: Durnan's passing was on a level I have never seen before in a professional game. There was a moment in the second half where our fans did a half sarcastic, half serious "oh no"-grumble when the ball came to him and he proceeded to move two yards right and boot it straight out of the park. Unreal consistency with his shiteness on the ball, you'd think he might accidentally get one right.

I was deadly serious when I said it. Not sure of others around you but you could hear a collective 'gulp' when he got the ball. There was a time actually where I'm sure he tried to hoof it on a half volley but managed to f**k that up which turned into a decent touch and pass. The only thing I think he done all game and he never even meant it. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I think the Tidser thing could be down to the opponent i.e. he isnt the sort of player thats up for a battle there for no chance of putting him in a midfield where he cant be arsed fighting for the ball so that put him down to one of the other 6 teams in the league.

I don’t think I agree with this. Tidser has liked a tackle way more than I thought he did, his tackle at Raith being a perfect example.

He’s not been great but he’s not been the disaster he’s being made out to be. Imagine if we actually used him properly...

4 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I don’t think I agree with this. Tidser has liked a tackle way more than I thought he did, his tackle at Raith being a perfect example.

He’s not been great but he’s not been the disaster he’s being made out to be. Imagine if we actually used him properly...

Forgot about that its either down to attitude or someone higher up realise he's a big earner and we need to get shot of him so freeze him out which is neither good for the player or us.