The Falkirk FC Thread

This is great content.

That said, BTH is right IMO. Klopp and Liverpool made the call to put the U23s put and had their manager run things. I would be amazed if Klopp stepped on Critchleys toes in any way here.

No one said he did but to say Klopp had no input because he was out the country is for the birds.

2010 - 2020 has been mostly shit. 2 decent seasons under Houston was the shining light.

The 30 months since we lost to Dundee Utd in the playoff have been incredibly shit where we now look upon an away trip to Arbroath in the cup with dread.

For the board to complain about personal abuse after all we've been through where even announcing a preferred bidder was beyond them is staggering beyond belief.

They really are a shameless bunch of incompetent p***ks who think they shit gold. Any chance you can all just f**k off!!!!!!

No one said he did but to say Klopp had no input because he was out the country is for the birds.
I wouldnt say it was because he was out the country he had no input. I would say it was because he effectively handed the tie over in its entirety to a different team, managed by a different manager.

I do believe that he would have had very close to zero input though. Dont see any reason why he would have other than an attempt at inspiration.

4 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

One of the great mysteries. Looked an absolutely dreadful player. 

Could be completely reinvented at Liverpool but I doubt it.

Another Ryan Blair type sold on his reserve football performances but had an incredible hype that he couldnt replicate to Scottish championship football

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Wasn't Sir Saint Lee Miller in that squad of players? Was he part of the tool downing? 

Only for Hartley and his disciples, if anyone witnessed his last start for us he was easily our MOM and gave a performance similar to what he put in at Livvy for the rest of the season

See also Mark Kerr

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Only for Hartley and his disciples, if anyone witnessed his last start for us he was easily our MOM and gave a performance similar to what he put in at Livvy for the rest of the season

See also Mark Kerr

Eh? Both Kerr and Miller had been utterly dreadful for us under Houston for the first games of that season before he was punted.

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Eh? Both Kerr and Miller had been utterly dreadful for us under Houston for the first games of that season before he was punted.

Hence the rumours of them downing tools on him, the end of the day the only ones who know are the players themselves and Houston.

What is it exactly that he found unacceptable anyway? Protesting about a club that were challenging for Top 6 in the SPL a decade ago getting relegated to the third tier?

Gaz
I was beside the directors box at Dumbarton and boy did they get serious abuse. Some of the protests were warranted and delivered in an acceptable manner...Other stuff was personal and to be honest an embarrassment to the good name of Falkirk FC. Some of the abusive comments were nothing to do with RMcK or even football related and as an ordinary FFC supporter, a line was crossed that day, some of the Dumbarton supporters appeared genuinely horrified too - they seemed disgusted.

I can understand why the new chairman mentioned it.

I like most on here has been frustrated with what has gone on with the club over the past few years and I feel the only way to succeed is with everyone facing the same direction.

Before anyone starts making sarcastic comments I have no affiliation to the FFC board or any of its member present or future and never have had.

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

neither downed tools as far as I am concerned and only the Hartley disciples believed they did

Both Miller and Kerr were supposed to be bit part players that season whilst concentrating on coaching, which was the case for Miller which he really was throughout his 2nd spell but more so that season.

22 minutes ago, MrDust said:

neither downed tools as far as I am concerned and only the Hartley disciples believed they did

Whit?

It was obvious from about three or four games into that season that neither of them were giving a monkeys, long before Houston was punted and longer still from when Hartley came in.