The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Tony Gallacher starting for Liverpool tonight in the cup game. Anyone know of any clauses that would get us some money?

Santa but only if you ask him nicely and you have to wait till the 25th

Fair play to Tony Gallacher, he looked dreadful and yet I'd imagine you're in for another windfall. 

Falkirk have done quite well off players that haven't done all that much, the transfer fees for Biabi? Gallacher and Blair must've been decent considering the careers they've had since, makes the decision to bin your academy all the more baffling imo. 

Was going to include McGrandles but was he not the one who got a pretty awful injury? 

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Fair play to Tony Gallacher, he looked dreadful and yet I'd imagine you're in for another windfall. 

Falkirk have done quite well off players that haven't done all that much, the transfer fees for Biabi? Gallacher and Blair must've been decent considering the careers they've had since, makes the decision to bin your academy all the more baffling imo. 

Was going to include McGrandles but was he not the one who got a pretty awful injury? 

Yes he got a pretty bad leg break when he was back at us on loan against Morton. 

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's hardly the Champions League but McGrandles is starting every week in League One for MK Dons and is probably making six figures every year.

Absolutely, I'd imagine he'll be living a good lifestyle with the money he'll make from the game, was more thinking in the sense he moved for a seven figure sum and he perhaps didn't live upto those expectations. 

5 hours ago, brokeville said:

Some talk on here of the club being in a financially bad way, again given the information shown last night that is not the case. We have cash in the bank and no debt. OK we’ve lost cash reserves but the club is not on the brink.

Well done, imo, on taking on the mantle as most patronising Falkirk poster.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

We have won two watches now with Gallacher, he was so out his depth at championship level, God knows how we got serious £s for him.

We have won two watches now with Gallacher, he was so out his depth at championship level, God knows how we got serious £s for him.

You will be right and Klopp will be wrong

To be fair to the new chairman whoever he its its difficult to blame him . Sadly the people who own the club now don’t want to be seen to have anything to do with running it !Bizarre but true. .Is there any other club in Scotland where the main shareholders have nothing to do with the responsibility.of running the club. It seems to me that their is a endless list of ‘fans’ lining up to try and run the club better than the last lot whilst the reality the outcome just seems to get worse than worse..
East Fife

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Absolutely, I'd imagine he'll be living a good lifestyle with the money he'll make from the game, was more thinking in the sense he moved for a seven figure sum and he perhaps didn't live upto those expectations. 

IMO, McGrandles was the best player to come from the Academy.

His initial fee was somewhere around £400k or so, rising to around a million if all the various benchmarks were reached. That went to shit when he got injured and subsequently freed by Norwich, although we did get a bit more when he made his first team debut etc.

I think that, if not for the injury, he would have done very well in the game.

You don’t have a clue what you’re taking about. You don’t know what I have done for the club. I have expressed my opinion on last night meeting as everyone is entitled to do.

I kinda agree.
We have already seen what we could end up with under a new regime. So whilst I have no time for any of those that have been removed, or have removed themselves from the MSG, I do want to give the new Chairman a chance to see what he and the revised board can deliver.
An awful lot of pent up frustration both from ourselves on one hand and the board on the other over past incompetence. Really we do need to try to draw a line and support the management team to get us up. If the board are not providing the necessary to make this happen that’s one thing, but we need to see what transpires from now and not focus on the damage that’s already been done.
Talk of protests at this point are of no help unless there is a viable alternative on the horizon that we can all buy into. From what I can see, there isn’t...

Listed to the game on the radio tonight on my way home and Andy Townsend rated Gallagher as one of the best of the Liverpool team on the night...