The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think SA will let the club die (if for no other reason that he'd lose his £70k rent) but we can't go on racking up debt that we can't afford. As far as I know, the man has never sat on the board and, personally, I don't remember any comment ever being made by him on the running of the club. Maybe he could start to heal the rift by doing exactly that?

Alexander is incredibly contemptuous of supporters, as exemplified by his performance at the EGM and his ludicrous comments after they finally got round to telling Charlatan Campbell to bugger off. He genuinely believes that supporters should be on their knees giving thanks to him and the rest of the gang, and is mystified as to why we are unhappy with the current shambles. Bridges are well and truly burnt. The only way we move forward is for them to sell up and the whole lot to clear off.

Edited by AGPar
Mistype

Just let the club die and start again if anyone can he bothered. It's been a complete waste of a Saturday afternoon since Houston left. Those who called for his head and wouldn't give him the chance to fix the slump in form after everything he did for us should hang their head in shame.

We can also get rid of the pish stadium and shite artificial surface at the same time as we reform as Falkirk 2020 Newco.

Just let the club die and start again if anyone can he bothered. It's been a complete waste of a Saturday afternoon since Houston left. Those who called for his head and wouldn't give him the chance to fix the slump in form after everything he did for us should hang their head in shame.
We can also get rid of the pish stadium and shite artificial surface at the same time as we reform as Falkirk 2020 Newco.
Don't start with the Houston pish!

24 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

. Those who called for his head and wouldn't give him the chance to fix the slump in form after everything he did for us should hang their head in shame.

Complete and utter bullshit.

24 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

How in the name of f**k can he turn things around when it was quite clear the players had downed tools on him, once that happens there is no way back for any manager doesnt matter who they are.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

How in the name of f**k can he turn things around when it was quite clear the players had downed tools on him, once that happens there is no way back for any manager doesnt matter who they are.

It's all academic and hindsight management, we will never know. If only we did this, if we only did that is all conjecture and goes nowhere.

We are where we are and it is not in a good place.

The board has lost the fans and there is no way back for them. But they are not going away because nobody is prepared to buy out the boards soft loans.

We have one physical asset and that is as a minority stakeholder in Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd - ie worthless !

M&M we know that their hearts are in the right place and will try to do the right thing for the club.

Players ? well they are working for a wage knowing the majority of them will be gone in one or two seasons.

What to do ! Employ an inspiring manager that puts a team on the pitch that are good to watch and produce the goods.

Cunningham - Totten - Jeffries - McColl - Hughes&Coyle  and to be fair Houston until it all went wrong. Are examples of individuals that lifted the club even although we had boards that were not popular.

Think of some of the players these managers picked up and had the whole club bouncing looking forward to every game. The whole club were lifted the fans responded to the players, and the players responded to the fans and it got better and better. They were good times !

The next manager is a make or break for the club.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Alexander is incredibly contemptuous of supporters, as exemplified by his performance at the EGM and his ludicrous comments after they finally got round to telling Charlatan Campbell to bugger off. He genuinely believes that supporters should be on their knees giving thanks to him and the rest of the gang, and is mystified as to why we are unhappy with the current shambles. Bridges are well and truly burnt. The only way we move forward is for them to sell up and the whole lot to clear off.

I've no idea what kind of character he is as I've never spoken to him, or even heard him speak for that matter.

What niggles me a bit though is that he is a Falkirk fan with loads of money, just the type that we would like to get involved TBH. I don't think he'd let the club die but, clearly, with him (and Ritchie I assume) pulling the strings behind the scenes someone, sometime, needs to start a dialogue as things aren't working currently. I believe that some have tried to do this in the past, without success so I honestly don't know how, or who, could progress things.

The whole thing reminds me of climate change. We can all see the approaching disaster but can't seem to do anything about it!

Some talk on here of the club being in a financially bad way, again given the information shown last night that is not the case. We have cash in the bank and no debt. OK we’ve lost cash reserves but the club is not on the brink.

Word of caution. The cash we have in the bank is c50% of what it has been at AGM time in the last 4/5 years. Granted overhead is down and we won’t burn it as quickly but it is not nearly as healthy as in the past.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I've no idea what kind of character he is as I've never spoken to him, or even heard him speak for that matter.

What niggles me a bit though is that he is a Falkirk fan with loads of money, just the type that we would like to get involved TBH. I don't think he'd let the club die...

This can be a very bad thing or a good thing. There is a pretty common situation in sports where an affluent person buys into a team that they love and drive it into the ground because they feel entitled to make all the decisions and come to believe they are geniuses at management in the sport.

The Dallas Cowboys are a huge financial success but an absolute cesspool on the field for the last 20-25 years. Why, because Owner Jerry Jones “hired” GM Jerry Jones and started to believe in his own bullshit. It seems the BoD and MSG are in a complete fantasy land with regard to the fault for the stumbles of FFC, they simply can’t comprehend that people as successful as themselves can be failing at something as “simple” as running a football team. There is always some other reason for the failures, so other responsible party, some other excuse, hence the comments about the fans behavior. It can’t be their fault, so it must be your fault.

Unless your real owners and financiers (and who knows exactly who that is with the web of loans and rights) decide to let some real football people make the decisions, you may be well and truly screwed.

Edited by TxRover

The entire MSG now have the look of the compulsive gambler about them. Most of the money has now been frittered away, but they just know if folk would leave them be, they’ll put it all back on an even keel if they are left alone to make just one more bet.

11 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Word of caution, does anyone expect this seasons financials to be better ?

If things go as planned then the available cash will be unchanged but we'll break even rather than making a loss.

I can't remember the figures but so far this year revenue was above what was budgeted for and expenditure below, so it appear that they're on target.

One figure I do remember is that when the reasons for the loss were broken down there was an additional cost of £172,000. If I understood correctly what was said, that was entirely due to the mistakes made when recruiting Ray McKinnon. Fines, legal bills and presumably payments to Morton.

Oooft.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

One figure I do remember is that when the reasons for the loss were broken down there was an additional cost of £172,000. If I understood correctly what was said, that was entirely due to the mistakes made when recruiting Ray McKinnon. Fines, legal bills and presumably payments to Morton.

An absolute disgrace for a club like ours. Unforgivable.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If things go as planned then the available cash will be unchanged but we'll break even rather than making a loss.

I can't remember the figures but so far this year revenue was above what was budgeted for and expenditure below, so it appear that they're on target.

Oooft.

I wish you hadnt mentioned that you just know that Branch Ton, Viking Ton and the other mutants will pop out the woodwork to mention it.  At least it wasnt in the region what they were havering about with half a mill etc

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I wish you hadnt mentioned that you just know that Branch Ton, Viking Ton and the other mutants will pop out the woodwork to mention it.  At least it wasnt in the region what they were havering about with half a mill etc

Who gives a f**k what they think or say? The important thing is it's not an insignificant amount of money, and is yet another shocking failure to be cast at the door of the so called custodians of the club. Unforgivable.

Not buying this context pish. As others have said having a pop at the fans is absolutely standard for these cretinous c***s.

You aren't obligated to call your fans' behaviour unacceptable. Ironically some Falkirk fans' behaviour was unacceptable - the happy clappy COYB "Can you tell us any more Mark? Guid tae see ye at the game Mark" types. Certainly wasn't anyone at Dumbarton though.

4 hours ago, Rocco said:
5 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

Don't start with the Houston pish!

Housty for President. 

Oooft.

The £172k should come out of the pockets of the idiots responsible for the shambolic episode.