The Falkirk FC Thread

Unlike many posters on here I was at last nights meeting. Gary Deans came across well and gave me some hope that we are going to start to take our club back to where we want to be, time will tell. One thing he spoke about was the negativity that currently surrounds the club and how we need to change that. I totally agree and with the comments from David M then it’s clear we need to change our mindset. We saw on Saturday how quickly things can change and with some small changes in the January window things will improve. The current situation is not something we can change we need to accept that until a major investor comes in then we have to accept it. Let’s give this guy a chance and get behind the new management team. COYB

3 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Unlike many posters on here I was at last nights meeting. Gary Deans came across well and gave me some hope that we are going to start to take our club back to where we want to be, time will tell. One thing he spoke about was the negativity that currently surrounds the club and how we need to change that. I totally agree and with the comments from David M then it’s clear we need to change our mindset. We saw on Saturday how quickly things can change and with some small changes in the January window things will improve. The current situation is not something we can change we need to accept that until a major investor comes in then we have to accept it. Let’s give this guy a chance and get behind the new management team. COYB

Just accept it and stop moaning? Aye ok. What a load of tosh. We're not the ones who need to change the negativity, it's the MSG and all the arse lickers that surround them that are causing it, not the fans. Just because this shower of ego maniacal arseholes don't like it when people call them out for what they are and tell us to stop being negative we should just shut up and say, "Sorry, sir" and get back to cheering and COYB and all that?

Your post and your way of "thinking" is a massive part of the problem we find ourselves in. Sycophantic acceptance.

9 minutes ago, brokeville said:

1200px-Cornflakes_in_bowl.jpg

10 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Stopped reading after your opening “if you’re not a shareholder your opinion doesn’t count” gambit.

Arsehole.

14 minutes ago, brokeville said:

^^^ G. Deans

Until Gary Deans delivers something other than talk at an AGM which is completely loaded to ensure he recieves no criticism, he can have the same treatment as the others.

He is one of them. They have flushed this club down the shitter. It is their responsibility to fix it and thus far, there are precisely ZERO indicators that they can do so.

Gary Deans would be well served to put up or shut up since he is only a few ill advised comments away from being the next Lex Miller. What the f**k do they want us to cheer about?

If Deans was going to be any different he would have avoided any chat about supporters behaviour in the past altogether.

”I don’t care what’s happened in the past, it’s a fresh start for everyone from now”

Even if that’s a load of pish, he’d at least be ducking the issue.

The fact he’s happy to go on record repeating that same shit is all the evidence you need that it’s business as usual.

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

If Deans was going to be any different he would have avoided any chat about supporters behaviour in the past altogether.

”I don’t care what’s happened in the past, it’s a fresh start for everyone from now”

The fact he’s happy to go on record repeating that same shit is all the evidence you need that it’s business as usual.

100% correct. Another puppet on a string being controlled by Liddell and Ritchie.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Aye like a wee kid intent on getting the last dig in before saying its finished. Our AGMs are just a big gaslighting session.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Please preface you next post along these lines with "This is a party political broadcast from the MSG"

There are a number of inaccuracies in your post and you clearly don't understand where fans' frustrations lie.

Kenny Jamieson is nothing to do with BFL.

Quite why you've chosen to give individual fan names and belittle what they've said is beyond me. Unless you are trying to discourage these people from speaking up in future, which would be in keeping with the rest of your bootlicking post tbh.

I call it as I see it M. That was my take on the mood of the meeting and the response on the night  to the new chairmans comments. From subsequent posts made by others who attended I'm obviously not alone in seeing it that way. If others disagree then fair enough. We're all allowed to express an opinion.

Fair point re BFL. I meant to type BFC, or whatever the correct acronym was  for the fans proposed buyout.

I'm not belittling people. I strongly supported the KJ / DW proposal and posted numerous times defending them. I've known Mike & Brian for years and worked with both on the old Bairnstrust Committee. Hell will freeze over before anyone will discourage either from speaking up.

56 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Hi Gary.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

It's attitudes like yours that are partly responsible for the current state of the club. How many times are we going to hear the same old nonsense spouted by those in power? 'Back to where we want to be' where is that exactly? how many times have we heard those exact words. 

It's attitudes like yours that are partly responsible for the current state of the club. How many times are we going to hear the same old nonsense spouted by those in power? 'Back to where we want to be' where is that exactly? how many times have we heard those exact words. 

You don’t have a clue what you’re taking about. You don’t know what I have done for the club. I have expressed my opinion on last night meeting as everyone is entitled to do.

Unfortunately I couldn’t make last nights meeting.

Reading the feedback and talking to one or two who were there it does seems by and large Gary Deans came over fairly well most of the time.

However a plea to bring the club together followed by having a pop at supporters shows a lack of awareness IMO.

Since last night across all SM platforms all I see is talk of increased protests starting at Montrose because of the comments. Opportunity to start the healing process could be lost if this happens.

I thought the meeting went well last night.

Gary Deans was excellent and addressed most of the problems.

Please remember that he had no part in the debacle which has befallen us.

we are basically starting again from rock bottom and he is open to any changes which can improve the club including installing some kind of youth system. John Park has offered to assist at no cost.

No point in raking  over all the past disasters.

Was very impressed with McCracken.

His presentation about the change in daily routines with the players was excellent.

Really open and inspiring.

I, for one, will give this new administration a fair chance.

Did anyone ask David McCracken why our top earner (reportedly) and marquee summer signing is sat on the bench with absolutely no indication that he has a contribution to make? The AGM would be the correct platform for them to address what we are seeing with the likes of Tidser.

As it stands, I imagine we will see Telfer in a Falkirk shirt again before we see Tidser and that is causing my piss to evaporate

That's it exactly for me.

This might seem a bit out there but has anyone at the club ever thought of a clear the air meeting between fans and club, no f**ker is going to get attacked and at least this way both sides get the gripes out in the open cause as it stands there is not going to be any healing process until poorly worded statements are put behind us it would be nie to actually hear the statements as in type it can be taken 2 ways and not put across the way it was intended.