The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

So in summary;

Keep renewing your season tickets, turn up on a Saturday, shut up moaning at the board, management/team and regardless of the pish being served up on the park, it’s our responsibility to create an atmosphere to “make the difference”.

f**k up.

And 70% of our home crowd, at a minimum, will do just that because COYB.

3 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

So in summary;

Keep renewing your season tickets, turn up on a Saturday, shut up moaning at the board, management/team and regardless of the pish being served up on the park, it’s our responsibility to create an atmosphere to “make the difference”.

f**k up.

image.png.279445f946d8a0d002f2dcdb412e79f9.png

On 15/12/2019 at 15:00, HopeStreetWalker said:

Stand corrected but it was years ago when I last checked, appreciate the feedback.

Still a Scottish record though !

I may be completely dreaming but did you not claim this on another thread a couple of weeks ago only to be given the same answer?

ETA - On this very thread.

BB44BADA-2CA0-44A0-ADAF-CAE65A6FE5F8.png

Edited by Sortmeout

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Thats the thing what do we do ?, we cant continue like this i have no qualms supporting M and M that i dont have a problem with, i take issue with the way as supporters are viewed in contempt by those that run our club, they are quite happy to do a ratner by p*ssing off their customers and happy to lay the blame at us for venting frustration in the clusterfuck decisions thats took us to where we are just now but somehow they expect us to pay our money, shut the f**k up and be happy with our returns.

That last sentence is exactly why the fly incompetent bast*rds have appointed 2 rookies in McCracken & Miller. They know the punters will lap it up and get right behind “BSLM” no matter what sh!t gets served up on or off the park. And unfortunately, if the fawning of Miller on social media is anything to go by, their plan has worked a treat. I’m not as easy to please, so I’ll continue to pay fu*k all money into the Club until the MSG clear out.

20 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

That last sentence is exactly why the fly incompetent bast*rds have appointed 2 rookies in McCracken & Miller. They know the punters will lap it up and get right behind “BSLM” no matter what sh!t gets served up on or off the park. And unfortunately, if the fawning of Miller on social media is anything to go by, their plan has worked a treat. I’m not as easy to please, so I’ll continue to pay fu*k all money into the Club until the MSG clear out.

It was pretty easy to work out thats the small part given to the fans to make it seem as if they are listening to us when in reality it was their get out of jail free card to get the support or a majority of it off their back and also play the guilt card of oh your not backing the team you should be ashamed look who your letting down M and M 

They just cant help themselves dragging the fans through the shit yet again.
Convinces me they all come from the same pair of baws.
Dont they realise that this just adds to our anger and adds numbers to those who will eventually protest again.
Cant see how this can benefit them... maybe I'm missing something.
Falkirk FC... the club which just cant help insulting their "customers ".
Clear the fuckin lot out.

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

So in summary;

f**k up.

This will please the large number of our fans who don't care how we play and don't care what league we're in as long as they get a couple of hours out the house every other Saturday.

So only positives to take from that is it looks like Denny Johnstone will be bombed out in January, Andy Thomson has been binned and Lex Miller at least isn’t in charge anymore.

Fair enough this Deans c**t seems like a p***k as well but at least he’s not Lex.

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Shire have a reserve team and we don't - that sums up our mess.

(Also - Alloa have a youth academy).

this is the clearest example of how far we have fallen.  We're just a pale imitation of the team we once were.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

It certainly reads as incredibly patronising behaviour from our new Chairman.
Question to those that were actually there is whether that’s the way it felt or just the way it’s coming across when written down?

It didn't feel that way to me but then I'm less inclined to take offence than some, so maybe I'm not the best person to answer. It was basically a couple of sentences that lasted twenty seconds in a meeting that ran for two hours. There didn't seem to be any real anger in the room at the comments made. At least one shareholder also attacked the behaviour at Dumbarton when he had the floor. 

I thought the whole atmosphere was quite sedate tbh. I was expecting fireworks after the recent statement from Kevin Beattie but there was significantly less hostility towards the panel than there was at the EGM. Or at the Q&A thing hosted by Margaret Lang on the second floor maybe a year back. 

That may have been down to Gary Deans. It's the first time I've heard him speak and he came across pretty well. He certainly made a better impression than AT or SA at the EGM or LM tonight. The latter didn't strike me as either an orator or a leader and he looked very uncomfortable with the microphone. 

TBH the only real annoyance I detected was aimed at some of the questions from the floor. Brian Guthrie's ongoing desire to grab the spotlight drew groans every time he opened his mouth, which was frequently. Mike Dickins asking Cracks about how we mark at corners drew more groans. And surprisingly even Kenny Jamieson joined in, as he wanted to go into great detail about all the people who knew Mark Campbell from decades ago and had told BFL he was a chancer. KJ's long monologue on MCs backstory drew a few shouts of "FFS move on man" or words to that effect. 

David Olivers bulletpoints on the FH website seemed pretty accurate to me. 

For the ordinary fan I thought it was a decent night. There was confirmation that the disliked ML & AT are gone, and that the even more disliked LM is no longer acting Chairman. A lot of the things that fans wanted in the summer - at least in terms of departures - have now happened. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
added more comments

It certainly reads as incredibly patronising behaviour from our new Chairman.
Question to those that were actually there is whether that’s the way it felt or just the way it’s coming across when written down?

To be fair to the new chairman whoever he its its difficult to blame him . Sadly the people who own the club now don’t want to be seen to have anything to do with running it !Bizarre but true. .Is there any other club in Scotland where the main shareholders have nothing to do with the responsibility.of running the club. It seems to me that their is a endless list of ‘fans’ lining up to try and run the club better than the last lot whilst the reality the outcome just seems to get worse than worse..

It’s all now one great big self fulfilling prophecy. The people who want meaningful change don’t have the power, and the people with the power don’t want meaningful change. Eat, sleep, repeat.

I thought we had reached rock bottom, but It seems not.