The Falkirk FC Thread

I was encouraged yesterday at the performance. If they can get 4/5 in January and have the likes of Longridge, McManus and Gomis keep playing like that regularly I have hope.

For years Falkirk have missed out on ex players that went on to be great managers so you never know with M&M

FFC hold the world record for ex players that went onto manage their national team. The 7 are Bobby Brown-John Prentice-Willie Ormond-Andy Roxburgh-Alex Ferguson-Craig Brown-George Burley. Now that is a good pub question that tests your football knowledge,

Ffs that’s a shite pub question. We do not hold the world record for ex players going on to manage national team. 5 mins on the internet and I found 8 ex Real Madrid players who’ve managed Spain. And I only checked as far back as the 1970’s.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

No one cares about your opinion on Regan Hemdry because of your repeated inability to say anything other than how amazing he is. 

I thought the TV footage of the Telfer / Hendry tackle was interesting.

Watch it again. After doing a triple roll with backflip and somersault, RH lies totally immobile on the ground for about six seconds. No movement at all. My goodness, he must be seriously hurt.

At least until the red card is shown. Then he's up faster than a rat up a drainpipe and looking for a fight.

One of our players should probably have been sent off for a bad tackle on Hendry at Kirkcaldy. I kind of got the impression that it was premeditated and designed to hurt him. I wonder why? I did hear rumours afterwards that Mr Hendry isn't exactly the nicest chap in the world. 

And now one of our least aggressive players gets sent off for a bad tackle on him. Hmmn. Maybe those rumours are true then.

The next game will likely be tasty. :guntoting

I thought the TV footage of the Telfer / Hendry tackle was interesting.
Watch it again. After doing a triple roll with backflip and somersault, RH lies totally immobile on the ground for about six seconds. No movement at all. My goodness, he must be seriously hurt.
At least until the red card is shown. Then he's up faster than a rat up a drainpipe and looking for a fight.
One of our players should probably have been sent off for a bad tackle on Hendry at Kirkcaldy. I kind of got the impression that it was premeditated and designed to hurt him. I wonder why? I did hear rumours afterwards that Mr Hendry isn't exactly the nicest chap in the world. 
And now one of our least aggressive players gets sent off for a bad tackle on him. Hmmn. Maybe those rumours are true then.
The next game will likely be tasty. :guntoting

I know a good few folk who went to school with him. Can definitely understand why he would get booted.

Raith Number 22 i think someone said Bowie was doing his damdest to get Buchanan booked/sent off between the persistent fouling and the diving.

3 scouts there yesterday watching that lad

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

3 scouts there yesterday watching that lad

I didnt see anything in him to suggest he would be a worthwhile addition to any playing squad, didnt do much yesterday bar dive and persistent foul.

18 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Calm yourself.  He clearly made a mistake today but we’ve the best defence in the league and he’s our best defender.

If he is our best defender, I am digging out the boots again....... I refuse to grow a man bun tho

5 hours ago, Rocco said:

I wonder if M&M will try and get rid of any of the players on 2 year deals by telling them they have no future and to find another club. Hartley did this and got rid of the likes of Kerr, Miller and Austin.

Tidser looks like he's being left out in the cold, so wouldn't surprise me if they try it with him

It wouldnt surprise me if Tidser's wage is made up with appearance add ons, for him not to make a sub appearance in recent weeks suggests that or we want shot of him

5 hours ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

“Best player on the park” emoji23.png

Regan hendry was the best player by a mile

Was he subbed at half time ?

4 hours ago, The truth is out there said:

Ffs that’s a shite pub question. We do not hold the world record for ex players going on to manage national team. 5 mins on the internet and I found 8 ex Real Madrid players who’ve managed Spain. And I only checked as far back as the 1970’s.

Stand corrected but it was years ago when I last checked, appreciate the feedback.

Still a Scottish record though !

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I didnt see anything in him to suggest he would be a worthwhile addition to any playing squad, didnt do much yesterday bar dive and persistent foul.

The highlights don’t show any of that, so I can’t comment on what Bowie was doing, but the yellow he got suggests he was doing something to gain the refs ire. Overall, as BPM noted, he’s extremely young and raw but shows a bucketful of promise/potential, and has been a clean player thus far this year.  Not sure why he’d be nipping at heels for this game, unless it was the whole rash youth thing. He’s clearly going places, if he can avoid our injury curse, though hopefully not before June.

I haven’t seen anything explaining why Gomis wasn’t starting, does anyone know why? When he came on, the whole flow of the game changed. 

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The highlights don’t show any of that, so I can’t comment on what Bowie was doing, but the yellow he got suggests he was doing something to gain the refs ire. Overall, as BPM noted, he’s extremely young and raw but shows a bucketful of promise/potential, and has been a clean player thus far this year.  Not sure why he’d be nipping at heels for this game, unless it was the whole rash youth thing. He’s clearly going places, if he can avoid our injury curse, though hopefully not before June.

I haven’t seen anything explaining why Gomis wasn’t starting, does anyone know why? When he came on, the whole flow of the game changed. 

Young players can blow hot and cold, yesterday was obviously a cold moment, the irk that went about yesterday was that it took 7 or 8 fouls till he got booked.

Someone had suggested Gomis was carrying a knock, on the other hand he hadnt really performed all that great in the last two games which id put down to formation change

25 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Young players can blow hot and cold, yesterday was obviously a cold moment, the irk that went about yesterday was that it took 7 or 8 fouls till he got booked.

Someone had suggested Gomis was carrying a knock, on the other hand he hadnt really performed all that great in the last two games which id put down to formation change

I was told at the game that Gomis was carrying a knock, however, I met a club employee last night who told me that he was fit but that M&M just wanted to change things up a bit. He certainly made a huge difference when he came on.

Definitely an improvement in application yesterday. Won’t take much for M&M to figure out who’s on board, and who’s pining for a non demanding life with McKinnon. Throwing them overboard is going to be the difficult bit. Yet another season where we are trying to keep in touch until January.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Ref had warned him he was watching him. if the lad has indeed talent then there should be no need for him to be diving or persistent fouling to try and get other players booked/sent off/ awarded free kicks, although it does seem part of the game these days and i dare say i have to bare in mind it is league one but i dont think he would get away with it if thats part of his game should the lad move  on to a higher division/standard..

There were a few incidents where we had a corner and he had a shove on Dixon, not to mention his theatrics with Buchanan.  I think one his of digs on Dixon is on the Falkirk TV highlights edge of the box.

Edited by AL-FFC

From what I was told yesterday the only funds are going to be through wheeling and dealing. Are M&M capable ?
As I said earlier, I think they'll try and get some players to find other clubs so they can free up wages. Tidser's wage would likely allow for two players to come in