The Falkirk FC Thread

Christ, this is mental. Wish them both well, but what a complete and utter mess yet again. Lex has clearly taken the Oliver Hardy role, so I guess AT will be Stan Laurel.

After all that has gone before, and Ollie’s recent blah blah blah, they pull this stunt.

As I say, best wishes to M&M, but those answering to them (the players) might be the smaller issue compared to Stan and Ollie upstairs.

3 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Mental response to this on the club’s social media.

We have the ownership and team we probably deserve, to be honest.

I’m close to being done. 

The usual sweetie wives and "COYB disaponting to looose to Aidrie but we go again next week!!!" brigade out in force lauding this as some kind of masterstroke. I truly despair. 

I’m going to take an alternative view here.

I’m no fan of the board but if I’m going to bring in a couple of rookies to run things I’m going to want to see what ability they have, how they run things and what credibility they have with the players.

In truth we don’t really know how good they are because we don’t get to see what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe they are more impressive than all the cynics on here believe and have impressed enough to earn the right.

I’m delighted for the two of them and they are the sort of people I want at the helm. If they have proven themselves to be doing good things behind the scenes that’s great news.

Let’s give the guys some time to hopefully do some good and stop with all the nonsense.

The board have done plenty wrong but I’m behind this one as the last thing I want is another overrated manager coming in pulling things even further apart.

This club needs some stability now and hopefully we have a management team that can do it.

They’ve got my full support....

We should be on the front foot from the first minute. Defending in their half, not letting them out.

Dont care the formation, but 2 holding/defensive mids should never happen again in this division

-

As much as I like David and Lee, they’ve proved nothing so far. This is yet another gamble that the MSG hope will work out. The next gamble is getting a rid of the fans Director before he finds out too much 

18 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Absolutely the correct decision to appoint them. Bringing someone else in now would put us back and we’d kiss goodbye to automatic promotion. Let’s get behind them and watch out for some new faces in January. COYB

Put us back from where exactly? Were you at Methil last week? We were pitiful. Pack the team with defenders and hoof it appears to be their game plan. It is brutal to watch. Hopefully a couple of attacking ideas have entered their thinking this week. And I'd love to know where the cash for any new faces is coming from.

Put us back from where exactly? Were you at Methil last week? We were pitiful. Pack the team with defenders and hoof it appears to be their game plan. It is brutal to watch. Hopefully a couple of attacking ideas have entered their thinking this week. And I'd love to know where the cash for any new faces is coming from.

Hopefully M and M have looked at the sheer lack of commitment of some of our current rabble and are in the process of suggesting replacements.
It was also a brutal game to watch in poor conditions as much as anything else.
Thought we played some ok stuff in the other two games although it’s a no win situation arguing that point due to the lack of quality of the opposition...

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Hopefully M and M have looked at the sheer lack of commitment of some of our current rabble and are in the process of suggesting replacements.
It was also a brutal game to watch in poor conditions as much as anything else.
Thought we played some ok stuff in the other two games although it’s a no win situation arguing that point due to the lack of quality of the opposition...

You said it yourself, though. We looked decent against a junior team and half-decent against a team little better than a junior team. Against a team around the same level as us (maybe the most depressing nine words I've ever written) we were woeful.

I just can't understand what fans who think the club have made the right decision have seen in those three games to make them think that.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:
For those thinking we were going to get some messiah in just wasn’t going to happen. The most unattractive club considering the toxic, poisonous situation between fans and those jokers upstairs. Sorry M&M you are  both being used as puppets, just bloody hope you both show a pair and demand that you get change in the transfer window, without it you will be lambs to the slaughter with this set of so called players.

Part of me wonders if this has been announced pre January as a telt to the players. This is who you are working for like it or lump it. Its the only kind of rationale I can stretch to if I was to really try for one.

It’s a valid thought, but aren’t the majority of the players on two year deals and the “new” managers out after one? As others have noted, if there isn’t some money for signings, there isn’t much threat to the current team. You can’t make the team much more compact without having a real risk if some injuries hit. Leaving M&M as lame ducks seems an interesting choice, regardless of the reasons.

As for the South Stand, they’ve paid for it for 10 years now and are starting the 11th. Since no one has the details, we can assume a slowly escalating rate that reached £75,000 in 2017-2018, so it’s likely close to £80,000 this season. If you wing the numbers, that’s around £740,000 in rent paid since opening in Aug, 2009. The stated build cost was £2,000,000, so I’d be amazed if there wasn’t a mandated required payment period, probably in the 30 year range, with SA depreciating the asset value for tax savings and then planning on selling the stand to the club for a few beans, right about when it needs redone.

While digging that up, I found a report that Falkirk (City) contributed £3.1M and Falkirk FC contributed £2.8M to build TFS...so who was the moron that made the deal that gave all the upside and value to the city? Simple math says the club should have owned about 45% of TFS.

I would rather two ex-players, especially Lee who has a couple of decades of links with us than some generic bob-a-job manager who is has no interest in Falkirk rather than to get a pay cheque.  Many on here can hum and haw with comments like "I wish them well BUT ......".   Well I wish them well with no buts.   

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

It’s a valid thought, but aren’t the majority of the players on two year deals and the “new” managers out after one? As others have noted, if there isn’t some money for signings, there isn’t much threat to the current team. You can’t make the team much more compact without having a real risk if some injuries hit. Leaving M&M as lame ducks seems an interesting choice, regardless of the reasons.

As for the South Stand, they’ve paid for it for 10 years now and are starting the 11th. Since no one has the details, we can assume a slowly escalating rate that reached £75,000 in 2017-2018, so it’s likely close to £80,000 this season. If you wing the numbers, that’s around £740,000 in rent paid since opening in Aug, 2009. The stated build cost was £2,000,000, so I’d be amazed if there wasn’t a mandated required payment period, probably in the 30 year range, with SA depreciating the asset value for tax savings and then planning on selling the stand to the club for a few beans, right about when it needs redone.

While digging that up, I found a report that Falkirk (City) contributed £3.1M and Falkirk FC contributed £2.8M to build TFS...so who was the moron that made the deal that gave all the upside and value to the city? Simple math says the club should have owned about 45% of TFS.

I got bored reading this and I actually support the club. f**k me 

8 hours ago, Russ said:

Should’ve done that a few weeks ago rather than call them ‘interim managers’ but fair enough. We just need to hope we get into January and we are able to move a few players out and they are able to get some proper balance into the squad. Get BSLM signed up as a player in January tae.

Is it wrong to think BSLM will improve us....?

I doubt he will start many games tho

5 hours ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

The only thing I can think is saying to the players that you have till January to prove yourself or these are the guys who are going to punt you. Give them the authority an interim manager doesn’t have? Or am I giving them too much credit?

I don't think many of our players will be easy to punt, the majority are here because they failed in the league above and have 2yr contracts 

I'd be surprised if any got punted permanently, perhaps a loan out for 6 months for Tidser only which would still have us footing a large portion of his wages.

The fact Miller confirmed contract offers were made to Miller, Longridge and Toshney kinda suggests they were gonna get the gig. If we had appointed someone else, it would be madness to sign 3 players the next manager didn't want.

I hope M&M do the business but East Fife was too much like a Ray performance, harsh to point fingers at M & M with them having Rays squad which maybe the issue with it not being night and day so far. 

Hopefully a good win tomorrow will see a corner turned.