The Falkirk FC Thread

Should’ve done that a few weeks ago rather than call them ‘interim managers’ but fair enough. We just need to hope we get into January and we are able to move a few players out and they are able to get some proper balance into the squad. Get BSLM signed up as a player in January tae.

What an absolutely strange decision, shedding further light on the ineptitude of those running the club, not that they got the job, but appointing them on an interim basis then just a couple of days ago spouting pish about having 30 applicants and we will take our time etc....

Just f**k off Lex you reptile.

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Head coaches. Do they have someone in mind for manager?

No, they will be managing the team.

The Falkirk Herald report on Wednesday speculated about someone else coming in for recruitment and there were comments made about a new football structure. It would seem logical then that someone else will be coming in, possibly in a sort of Alex Smith-type role.

What an absolute shambles.

Appoint two complete rookies as interim managers, despite them leaving employment elsewhere. Bizarre to start with.

Invite applications for a permanent manager and tell the press about the high number and calibre of applicants.

The interim pair easily beat a pub team and a slightly better pub team followed by a garbage performance and underwhelming draw against a team who had been struggling in recent weeks. They get appointed ‘permanently’ but really only until the end of the season.

We need to win this league!

Utter joke.

Edited by Hughsie

At least it's only until the end of the season. Another bizarre decision. First test of any note whatsoever last week and we were absolutely brutal. Should have at the very least been conducting a proper interview process. They're just hoping that this might lead to some kind of result tomorrow which will take the heat off them at the AGM.

I think this is a shocking decision tbh. I haven’t seen anything new the past few games and I think if we lose tomorrow they will be getting it tight. There was no rush to make them permanent. The torys getting in and now this. I am at my wits end! I hope they prove me wrong!

Just now, Hughsie said:

Appoint two complete rookies as interim managers, despite them leaving employment elsewhere. Bizarre to start with.

Invite applications for a permanent manager and tell the press about the high number and calibre of applicants.

The interim pair easily beat a pub team and a slightly better pub team followed by a garbage performance and underwhelming draw against a team who had been struggling in recent weeks.

Utter joke.

The cynic in me reckons this was their intention all along as it's the cheap option, but they had to keep up the pretence of a proper search. 

7 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

The cynic in me reckons this was their intention all along as it's the cheap option, but they had to keep up the pretence of a proper search. 

Like when they announced 100 applicants and gave PH the job who didn't apply?

They didnt even come close to doing the pretence well though. Big Lex strrikes me as having the mind of a child. No patience... The plan might have been like you said but the big slug couldnt wait and had to put it out there. In keeping with the clear theme of them thinking we the fans are thick

For those thinking we were going to get some messiah in just wasn’t going to happen. The most unattractive club considering the toxic, poisonous situation between fans and those jokers upstairs. Sorry M&M you are  both being used as puppets, just bloody hope you both show a pair and demand that you get change in the transfer window, without it you will be lambs to the slaughter with this set of so called players.
Part of me wonders if this has been announced pre January as a telt to the players. This is who you are working for like it or lump it. Its the only kind of rationale I can stretch to if I was to really try for one.

The interim pair easily beat a pub team and a slightly better pub team followed by a garbage performance and underwhelming draw against a team who had been struggling in recent weeks. They get appointed ‘permanently’ but really only until the end of the season.
We need to win this league!
Utter joke.

Can’t put it any better myself. As much as I want these pair to do well, this is a scandalous decision considering what’s at stake and the timing.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No, they will be managing the team.

The Falkirk Herald report on Wednesday speculated about someone else coming in for recruitment and there were comments made about a new football structure. It would seem logical then that someone else will be coming in, possibly in a sort of Alex Smith-type role.

Is John Park still about?