The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

100% agree . Some players, from messi all the way down to your resident knob at the fives can’t hide their annoyance at having to play with lesser quality players alongside them . And that attitude can drag a whole team down .
But with vaulks , like all good captains here was someone who had none of that
Football is played by humans and thats why we love it

Can you imagine the reception if Vaulks was to come back as a manager one day. I would be a sell out as 11 players with the mental attitude of their manager would be playing. One day ! one day.

Well this is going to be interesting, the Brentford model didnt work so lets see what happens with this one:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-look-to-adopt-new-football-model-1-5060956

Club director Lex Miller told the Falkirk Herald: “At the moment nothing has changed on the manager front. There have been more than 30 applicants but we are still working through the process.

“The board is looking at a new model and a new football strategy, we want to change the whole philosophy at the club.

“We need to learn from the mistakes of last year and we have to see what type of manager fits into our thinking going forward.”

Get this clown and his fantasy football chairman wet dream to f**k.
Doesn’t even have the beginnings of any self awareness.
Idiot, imposter, arsehole.

7 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Fucking hell did you only watch those games that season? in fact are you peter Houston?  his football might have got us results but it was fucking stinking. brutal. I went to more games that season than any other but I often caught myself looking at my phone more than I needed to. it was just slow labored square passes. long throws into the box and long balls to the corners. we turned it on for the rangers and hibs games.

the cup final itself we were on top against 10 men then left ourselves wide open at the back

a year later we went to rugby park 90 minuets and only a draw away from promotion yet we were dead and buried by 30 Min mark against a team who had been shite all year. that was a brutal end to a great season 

1. I watched all the games that season, perhaps you were distracted by your phone too much to get into the games?

2. No, I'm not Mr Houston, but I'd take his money, and his footballing skill if I could.

3. If you're not entertained with us challenging at the top of the championship and producing late dramatics against the likes of rangers/hibs/hearts/etc.......you need some drugs.

seriously though, we will just have to disagree on this one and I'll hold on to my good memories like an old fart in a nursing home.

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Well this is going to be interesting, the Brentford model didnt work so lets see what happens with this one:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-look-to-adopt-new-football-model-1-5060956

Club director Lex Miller told the Falkirk Herald: “At the moment nothing has changed on the manager front. There have been more than 30 applicants but we are still working through the process.

“The board is looking at a new model and a new football strategy, we want to change the whole philosophy at the club.

“We need to learn from the mistakes of last year and we have to see what type of manager fits into our thinking going forward.”

A statement about thinking about doing something. Brilliant.

Be great if they let someone that knew what they were doing take over.

Glad they recognise last season didn't go so well though, I wasn't convinced they were aware we'd been relegated tbh

6 hours ago, Senator Frimpton said:

A statement about thinking about doing something. Brilliant.

Be great if they let someone that knew what they were doing take over.

Glad they recognise last season didn't go so well though, I wasn't convinced they were aware we'd been relegated tbh

The story behind the statement is clearly that they are no longer intending to sell up and go (if they ever intended to in the first place!).

Ironically enough the staggering figure they lost in one year through terrible stewardship and bad decisions is the very reason they should go.

Learn Mistakes from the last Year:

Try not to get relegated would be a first followed by the following:

Know your employment law when you go for a new manager 

Try not to pay off one shit first team

dont sign 2 full first teams in a full season

13 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Quite worrying reading that, these guys have been involved in the most catastrophic club related decisions in my lifetime. They should be actively looking to sell up rather than putting together some ham fisted new model. This has disaster written all over it.

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The story behind the statement is clearly that they are no longer intending to sell up and go (if they ever intended to in the first place!).

Ironically enough the staggering figure they lost in one year through terrible stewardship and bad decisions is the very reason they should go.

Everything you posted is correct. But the fact is FFC in not a marketable concern. 

Look at it from a prospective buyers point of view.

Assets.

Minority stakeholder in stadium and that is it.

Liabilities.

1 million pound plus soft loan.

Financial track record.

6 figure losses over last few year end accounts.

Business plan.

None.

Desperate situation and perfect for a carpetbagger ( eg MC )

The conclusion has to be that the board are going nowhere as nobody is interested. Why ? see above.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Everything you posted is correct. But the fact is FFC in not a marketable concern. 

Look at it from a prospective buyers point of view.

Assets.

Minority stakeholder in stadium and that is it.

Liabilities.

1 million pound plus soft loan.

Financial track record.

6 figure losses over last few year end accounts.

Business plan.

None.

Desperate situation and perfect for a carpetbagger ( eg MC )

The conclusion has to be that the board are going nowhere as nobody is interested. Why ? see above.

There were interested parties its just that out current BoD or MSG have decided to piss people about before wheeling out MC as preferred bidder with what would have been any sensible persons aim anyway.

18 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

They're not going anywhere.

9 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

They're not going anywhere.

I think most supporters are long since resigned to that, this is just further, depressing confirmation. Another abysmal year, another AGM on the horizon, so another "model", another "strategy", another "rethink", another "review". I've lost count of how many we have had in the last decade alone.  Anything really, as long it does not involve them ceding an inch of ownership or control. It's those setting the strategy and making the decisions that needs to change, but it's never, ever going to happen. It's their toy and no-else is allowed to play with it. 

13 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I think most supporters are long since resigned to that, this is just further, depressing confirmation. Another abysmal year, another AGM on the horizon, so another "model", another "strategy", another "rethink", another "review". I've lost count of how many we have had in the last decade alone.  Anything really, as long it does not involve them ceding an inch of ownership or control. It's those setting the strategy and making the decisions that needs to change, but it's never, ever going to happen. It's their toy and no-else is allowed to play with it. 

Pushing them for a reason why they are not, as part of this sweeping review, appraoching the fans to rekindle the BtB style dilution of shares might yield an interesting, squirmy answer. In the act of "trying" to sell a club that to all intents and purposes should be on the bounce back from a blip, they have tightened their grip on a club that looks like freefall is imminent. Quite the acheivement for a set of so called fans to run "their" club into the dirt football wise, and so called businessmen to leave their interests utterly worthless. 

Never mind Lex, once its totally burnt to the ground I am sure you can be king of the ashes. Fucking slug. 

I think everyone had worked out the MC debacle was done to make them out the heroes of saving the club from MC and ruin  (interesting that we still seem to be heading for ruin under the MSG stewardship but they can do it without having a guilty conscience of leaving it to a charlatan of a businessman to doing the ruin).

The appointment of M and M is only to shut the fanbase up by putting 2 former players in charge and get the support off the MSG back and give some half arsed illusion they are in touch with the support and doing whats best for the club in reality they have pissed the budget up against the wall with signing 2-3 first teams that are/were nowhere near good enough even if by some miracle we do manage to go up this season we are still onto a rebuilding job as what we have is bottom to middle of championship at best and that is if your lucky.

Not even half way through the season - a few points off the top and there’s muppets like you spouting this drivel. From a rovers supporter you are completely deluded

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

One question, how are we minority stakeholders in the stadium? I know the council owned 2/7ths of the brockville site, so how are we minority stakeholders now? Does anyone know what % we own and what % we make from the main stand? (I know we own south stand (or rent), north, pitch etc.

The Stadium and surrounding ground are owned by Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd. This is a joint venture between Falkirk Football Club and the Council. The council operate and manage the day to day running the facility. Falkirk Football Cub are tenants.

From what I know and it is not certain FFC have approx. 30% shareholding in the joint venture.

Hope this is helpful.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

And nothing will change whilst 4,000 muppets continue to endorse their actions by toddling along to the Stadium every other week like a flock of fu*king sheep and coughing up their dough.