The Falkirk FC Thread

I would suggest that unless we win promotion the alternative will be at best administration

Thing is, administration is only applicable if we have unserviceable levels of debt to organisations such as the banks, the council, and HMRC.

If each of the MSG had huge outstanding loans to the club, then they wouldn’t want administration to take place, as they would lose the lot.

Livingston are the only club who have used admin as a business model though plenty of others have used it to shed massive levels of debt. I don’t know if the structuring of whatever debt we have makes administration an appealing prospect.

I've said it a couple of times now but Miller/McCracken are not helping themselves with their team selections over their first three games. I get that they are trying to make sure we are solid at the back but it seems wholly unnecessary and is leaving Gomis far too much to do in midfield. Dixon has played comparatively well since we went to the back 5 but it's a waste to be asking him and Doyle to be our main creative players. We're wasting a player by going with a third centre back.

Our best team IMO would be us back to a back four with Longridge pushed up front into a 4-3-3. Hartley had this annoying habit of playing him in midfield too but he does his best work further forward. We're lining up with 6 defenders and 3 strikers which is leaving us unbalanced. 

I'd go with

Mutch

Doyle Toshney Buchanan Dixon

Tidser Gomis ?????

Longridge McMillan McManus

I can't believe I'm about to type this but maybe McShane as the third midfielder? We seem short in there but at least he can put his foot on the ball and find a team mate other than that cart horse Miller. Tidser IMO has to start, he has not been anywhere near as bad as people have made out and has the pedigree to be a stick out in this league. 

I'm fed up watching Sammon, an infuriating big lump who doesn't offer us anywhere near enough.

To end this ramble, it's incredible how one paced a squad of mediocrity McKinnon managed to assemble with this budget. Someone on here earlier in the season was praising the pace of the squad (!!!!) which could not be further from the truth. I'd hope that with that front three they could at least interchange a bit and offer us some movement.

I'll predict  that in reality we will see minimal changes and it'll be more turgid stuff against Raith.

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Thing is, administration is only applicable if we have unserviceable levels of debt to organisations such as the banks, the council, and HMRC.

If each of the MSG had huge outstanding loans to the club, then they wouldn’t want administration to take place, as they would lose the lot.

Livingston are the only club who have used admin as a business model though plenty of others have used it to shed massive levels of debt. I don’t know if the structuring of whatever debt we have makes administration an appealing prospect.

Administration would be a last resort as you said the loans they made would be lost.

The only way to avoid unserviceable levels of debt is to cut the overheads and that equals to part time football. Happened before in the mid 70's with Miller, Little and Hagart. Don't know if you lived through it but it was misery.  Gates of 500 no hope, no ambition and vision to change the situation. It took a decade to recover.

No if's but's about it we must go up this season as that is the alternative.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sammon scores goals if you create chances. Mcmillan misses too many chances  for me unfortunately.

I cannot watch him loafing about and not challenging for the ball much longer. Him and Doyle have cement in their boots I'm sure.

Administration would be a last resort as you said the loans they made would be lost.

The only way to avoid unserviceable levels of debt is to cut the overheads and that equals to part time football. Happened before in the mid 70's with Miller, Little and Hagart. Don't know if you lived through it but it was misery.  Gates of 500 no hope, no ambition and vision to change the situation. It took a decade to recover.

No if's but's about it we must go up this season as that is the alternative.

We cannot return to the situation we were in back in the late 70’s. It would kill the club given our overheads which I seriously doubt could be reduced to manageable levels.

Failing to gain promotion this season would be a far bigger disaster than last seasons relegation.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I've said it a couple of times now but Miller/McCracken are not helping themselves with their team selections over their first three games. I get that they are trying to make sure we are solid at the back but it seems wholly unnecessary and is leaving Gomis far too much to do in midfield. Dixon has played comparatively well since we went to the back 5 but it's a waste to be asking him and Doyle to be our main creative players. We're wasting a player by going with a third centre back.

Our best team IMO would be us back to a back four with Longridge pushed up front into a 4-3-3. Hartley had this annoying habit of playing him in midfield too but he does his best work further forward. We're lining up with 6 defenders and 3 strikers which is leaving us unbalanced. 

I'd go with

Mutch

Doyle Toshney Buchanan Dixon

Tidser Gomis ?????

Longridge McMillan McManus

I can't believe I'm about to type this but maybe McShane as the third midfielder? We seem short in there but at least he can put his foot on the ball and find a team mate other than that cart horse Miller. Tidser IMO has to start, he has not been anywhere near as bad as people have made out and has the pedigree to be a stick out in this league. 

I'm fed up watching Sammon, an infuriating big lump who doesn't offer us anywhere near enough.

To end this ramble, it's incredible how one paced a squad of mediocrity McKinnon managed to assemble with this budget. Someone on here earlier in the season was praising the pace of the squad (!!!!) which could not be further from the truth. I'd hope that with that front three they could at least interchange a bit and offer us some movement.

I'll predict  that in reality we will see minimal changes and it'll be more turgid stuff against Raith.

Wouldn't put McShane or Tidser near the team, it's clear their attitude stinks and they couldn't give a f**k. They're not in the starting line-up for a reason - they can't be trusted.

22 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Wouldn't put McShane or Tidser near the team, it's clear their attitude stinks and they couldn't give a f**k. They're not in the starting line-up for a reason - they can't be trusted.

We need guys who can use the ball rather than Miller taking 6 touches to control it before launching it out the park. We are dropping to teams' level with the line up over the last 3 games.

Ian McShane is just so one paced and really needs to look to be able to attack more from midfield. He seems to like to just sit in front of the back 4 and play safe passes but think we could be getting a lot more from him. Completely agree about Tidser being given a chance. He needs a decent run in the team to show us what he can do and hopefully not as a holding midfielder.

Aside from they 2 and Gomis our midfield options are quite limited. Leaves Charlie Telfer and Robbie Leitch who hasn’t been seen since August until his late cameo on Saturday but he showed more in that 5 minutes than Telfer has in the last 3 months.

I highly doubt we’ll be able to properly offload players in January but if we are I’d be happy for Durnan, Telfer, Connolly, Sammon, Johnstone, Moore, MacLean, Miller all to get to f**k. Hopefully we can extend both Toshney and Longridge deals and then aside from in goals we really need strengthening all over the park.

If there is a way to ship out that blob Bell then I'd be all for that too. Bring in someone part time to back up Mutch.

Harsh on Bell, he has done everything asked of him when playing.
It does look like Mutch has taken over as first choice (one of the very few successes this season) but having two decent keepers is no bad thing.
Look what happened last year when we had to go with Fassan.

In the last three games we have played 6 defenders and a holding midfielder. The first game the opposition was pub league stuff, Stranraer are as bad as anyone in the league. Then we play the first competent side M&M have faced and lots are shocked it is no better than the previous goon in charge.

If M&M have any chance of getting this job they need to ditch the dross in the team and those who can’t create.

So for me 4-4-2 with the wide players creating the width not the wing backs because neither are good enough against the better teams.

Tidser and Longridge have to play. Durnan and miller not

In the last three games we have played 6 defenders and a holding midfielder. The first game the opposition was pub league stuff, Stranraer are as bad as anyone in the league. Then we play the first competent side M&M have faced and lots are shocked it is no better than the previous goon in charge.

If M&M have any chance of getting this job they need to ditch the dross in the team and those who can’t create.

So for me 4-4-2 with the wide players creating the width not the wing backs because neither are good enough against the better teams.

Tidser and Longridge have to play. Durnan and miller not

A wee bit creativity and skill would make all the difference against the grafters in this league.