The Falkirk FC Thread

We are the Arsenal of Seaside 1. Too many players happy to pick up a wage, and not overly fussed if we win or not.

Someone questioned whether it was managerial or players that were the problem. Clearly it was both. McKinnon had gathered a group of weel kent faces around him, and an atmosphere of no great demands on the players had taken hold.

Some of them seem perfectly happy to piss on M&Ms chips, and really aren’t up for anything too demanding. It won’t change any time soon.

We are born losers. As a club from top to bottom. Today was no surprise. There’s not a chance we will win this league. 

Without a stable platform for a manager and trust in the clubs Board from the supporters then we will remain a divided, troubled and ultimately an unsuccessful club.

That is why it is important that there are major changes in the Boardroom and we don’t end up with another MSG appointment as Chairman, which is about to happen. Henderson and Lang were a disaster. Why do we think the next hand pick will be any better?

Total pish. Mutch and Dixon played well and pretty much everyone else was poor.

Really dont know what M&M or anyone could do with this lot.

Durnan made so many mistakes, it was incredible he lasted the 90 and Sammon was truly awful.

Just dont see us going up and im not sure we can afford major changes in the squad.

21 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Listened to the three post match interviews, common theme “ we just couldn’t be arsed” surprised at Millers  “ honest dressing room, sorry Lee can’t agree with that one as most been stealing a  wage since signing.

Hoping that this was only protection and that this lot got it both barrels. Said that the four games up to year end would shape our intent, a point at Leven does not fill me with confidence, impossible position for M&M as I don’t think any of the squad will be easy to move on, and therefore limits any new players arriving.

Unfortunately they are managing someone else’s squad. We just weren’t at the races at all and were lucky not to be punished.

there doesn’t appear to be any cohesion between midfield and up front. We seem to rely on Longridge giving us his 1 in 5 performance to get a result

I'm really concerned about our short and long term future. M&M might not be the guys for the job, however, they're being judged on 4 or 5 games to see if they can do it, and if they're deemed to have failed that test then we'll bring in a permanent manager who for all we know might be worse.

I really don't think we'll go up this season as I think there is something wrong with the group of players and whoever is managing them is certain to fail.

Based on what’s happened so far, we have Toshney, Leitch, Miller, Longridge, Moore (loan) all out of contract in Jan. are they worth keeping?

Toshney probably the only one I want. Don’t need two defensive midfielders and Gomis usually finds himself there. A lot of 2 year deals for players not cutting it

9 minutes ago, FTID1876 said:

Based on what’s happened so far, we have Toshney, Leitch, Miller, Longridge, Moore (loan) all out of contract in Jan. are they worth keeping?

Toshney probably the only one I want. Don’t need two defensive midfielders and Gomis usually finds himself there. A lot of 2 year deals for players not cutting it

Wouldn't be keeping anyone out-of-contract next month, given that the only way any new manager can presumably do something to refresh the squad is by freeing up some existing wage commitments. On top of that, we've got cash tied up in utter dung like Durnan, Tidser earning a tidy wage for training Monday to Friday and the likes of McLean and Johnstone picking up cash for absolutely sod all in return. So cheerio to the lot of the them.

I'm really concerned about our short and long term future. M&M might not be the guys for the job, however, they're being judged on 4 or 5 games to see if they can do it, and if they're deemed to have failed that test then we'll bring in a permanent manager who for all we know might be worse.

I really don't think we'll go up this season as I think there is something wrong with the group of players and whoever is managing them is certain to fail.

There is a bigger problem than the players and / or the manager and it’s pretty obvious it comes from the top down . We are a rudderless ship drifting to wards disaster and our club owners are oblivious to the fact that the problem lies with them and the decisions they make and more importantly the message they give out about how the club operates. If they really care about the club they need to exit soon. They could appoint Brendan Rodgers as manager and it wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference. If we were a racing horse and you looked at our form you would have the thing shot for dug meat nobody would back us for success and I for one am pissed if about the lack of decency amongst the board . They claim they care but continue to preside over torturous displays blaming managers coaches or the succession of arseholes they employ to do their dirty work . Just leave please and don’t dare get involved in the pantomime that’s surrounded MC . All that did was prove what everyone knows ie they haven’t got a fucxxjng clue what there doing . Yesterday we were ridiculed by a part time club who at times made us look like a pub team .

Can see fireworks coming at the AGM next week. 

That will be stage managed from start to finish to ensure every firework turns into a damp squib.

That overused word “toxic” really looks to have found a new home in all things FFC. The biggest issue for me is that the MSG don’t seem to be offering up a sensible path for the change the club desperately needs. It doesn’t need “investment”, as more money would just get blown on the same sort of warped decision making of the last decade.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That will be stage managed from start to finish to ensure every firework turns into a damp squib.

That overused word “toxic” really looks to have found a new home in all things FFC. The biggest issue for me is that the MSG don’t seem to be offering up a sensible path for the change the club desperately needs. It doesn’t need “investment”, as more money would just get blown on the same sort of warped decision making of the last decade.

You can ask anything you like at the AGM so it's up to shareholders if they want 'fireworks'. 

I think you can try to ask, but we have all seen anything that they view as controversial being smothered at birth.

They will have the wagons circled as per usual.

23 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Listened to the three post match interviews, common theme “ we just couldn’t be arsed” surprised at Millers  “ honest dressing room, sorry Lee can’t agree with that one as most been stealing a  wage since signing.

Hoping that this was only protection and that this lot got it both barrels. Said that the four games up to year end would shape our intent, a point at Leven does not fill me with confidence, impossible position for M&M as I don’t think any of the squad will be easy to move on, and therefore limits any new players arriving.

Said it before , as the BOD have made M&M interim managers , the players only have to down tools for a few more games to get shot.

It's a really difficult situation for the two of them to assert any kind of authority.

Edited by Hank von Hell

15 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree, seriously worried that unless we have financial backing come January to either release players from contracts, and bring in replacements ( which is normally other fringe / cast offs) will this squad be able to take us up ? 
We’re nearly at half way in our fixtures and we’ve not beat any of the top four.

We cannot keep changing the entire squad every 6 months , this is a big part of the reason we are where we are.

It's financially unsustainable and I can't help thinking that when Craig Campbell led us down this Busted Brentford Model road the idea was to SELL the players we brought in, not pay them all off.  It could not have been executed any worse.   

19 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You're spot on mate. The amount of money being made available to the manager isn't the big issue here its how it's being spent and the amount of caash being pissed down the drain on serial management payoffs.