The Falkirk FC Thread

I’d be fucking delighted never to see Sammon, Telfer and especially Durnan play for us again tbh.

We’ve got some utter shite in our squad.

Still think Sammon could be a key player for us the season.
Would be delighted to see the back of the other two you mention and if they could take all the Ex Morten rejects with them that would be a start.....

back to the same old boring 'Mckinnon-esque 'draw pish, painful watching it and very little entertainment value........Let's hope M&M can sort something out and get some better results in the next 2 crucial matches otherwise I think patience will wear thin.  Just seems to be a lack of ability to figure out opponents this season and have our fitness and skill level overcome them. Makes me wonder if it's a tactical/managerial failure or down to the players. I'd have mutch/gomez/mcmanus, possibly buchannon on the team sheet every time, then there's a bunch of players who seem to don't seem to match that level of skill and commitment...........then there's the passengers who we can hopefully unload in January. Overall we're defending ok, but there just seems to be a total lack of flair/skill/ingenuity to the team in midfield and up front. It's doubtful we can do much in the transfer window given the poor financial situation, but maybe that's an opportunity to get a couple of hungry youngsters in to give the team a bit more energy?

Still think Sammon could be a key player for us the season.
Would be delighted to see the back of the other two you mention and if they could take all the Ex Morten rejects with them that would be a start.....

I’ve really tried to like Sammon but he’s just fucking rotten. I get that being a ‘target man’ isn’t his game and he’s not great in the air for his size but it’s the complete lack of interest in trying to win the ball in the air that does my tits in. Then of course his inability to hold the ball up and lack of a first touch.

I mean there are at least 5 or 6 I’d punt first but he’s still pish.

5 minutes ago, squeekybairn said:

back to the same old boring 'Mckinnon-esque 'draw pish, painful watching it and very little entertainment value........Let's hope M&M can sort something out and get some better results in the next 2 crucial matches otherwise I think patience will wear thin.  Just seems to be a lack of ability to figure out opponents this season and have our fitness and skill level overcome them. Makes me wonder if it's a tactical/managerial failure or down to the players. I'd have mutch/gomez/mcmanus, possibly buchannon on the team sheet every time, then there's a bunch of players who seem to don't seem to match that level of skill and commitment...........then there's the passengers who we can hopefully unload in January. Overall we're defending ok, but there just seems to be a total lack of flair/skill/ingenuity to the team in midfield and up front. It's doubtful we can do much in the transfer window given the poor financial situation, but maybe that's an opportunity to get a couple of hungry youngsters in to give the team a bit more energy?

Look at it from a possible signings point of view.  Who is going to be my manager ? Will signing for them make me a better player ? Does the way they play suit my game ? 

The answers are all negative and there will be better offers if they are any good.

Same goes for loan players. Clubs wanting to give fringe players and those close to a breakthrough competitive game time will see a dis functional shambles and not touch us with a bargepole.

The chances of changing things with new signings are bleak.

Theres just something not quite right with the current personnel in this new formation. Is Miller really needed, could he be played as a sweeper instead? Longridge has offered very little playing behind the front two, I'd even try him up top alongside McManus, as we cant seem to get Sammon involved effectively.  We're lacking any real creativity in the middle of the pitch, there's currently no one able to get a hold of the ball and play a forward pass. Worrying times.

Sammon looked as if he couldnt be arsed.broke into a half arsed effort of a jog/sprint when going for the ball then sacked it most of the time, would give MacMillan a chance next week.

I don’t know if it was just me, but we looked more energetic when Macmillan came on and sammon went off today. Certainly within his first five minutes he had done more than sammon did the whole game. Tbf fairly certain I did more walking from my seat to the toilet and back than sammon did the whole game.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Looking ahead to next week, Raith have 2 of their better players suspended.

According to the BBC (yea, I know) Raith have had 3 shots on target in their last 3 games yet they managed to win 2 and draw the other.

Just watched Miller post match interview not a happy lad and hit the nail on the head not good enough and standards werent good enough.  I mean alright i know the conditions were shite today weather wise but they get a decent wage for 90 minutes to get the proverbial finger out there arse and a sense of urgency for going for the ball.

Just watched Miller post match interview not a happy lad and hit the nail on the head not good enough and standards werent good enough.  I mean alright i know the conditions were shite today weather wise but they get a decent wage for 90 minutes to get the proverbial finger out there arse and a sense of urgency for going for the ball.

Count how many football speak cliches in that interview. In one sentence alone there were 3.