The Falkirk FC Thread

It would be nice to see the team play a dominating high tempo pressing game along the lines you suggest. But with the exception of McManus we don't have the players to do it.
3 or 4 younger players coming in with 4 or 5 shifted out then maybe.
We should have worked the stamina out of the opposition in games and increasing the goal average in the last 20 minutes of games.
But we are where we are and must work with what we have got until the management situation is sorted.
It doesnt have to be a frantic high press. I just dont want to see the Charlie Telfers of the world playing so obviously within themselves anymore.

We should shine through as fitter even without going balls to the wall for 90 minutes every game, that we haven't has hopefully been a fault of the McKinnon regime that can be worked on.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It doesnt have to be a frantic high press. I just dont want to see the Charlie Telfers of the world playing so obviously within themselves anymore.

We should shine through as fitter even without going balls to the wall for 90 minutes every game, that we haven't has hopefully been a fault of the McKinnon regime that can be worked on.

Charlie Telfer would work fine in a high tempo game. High tempo does not have to be about people running about like madmen. Keep the ball moving one touch, first time pass running onto one twos Telfer would fit right in and as you said get more out him.

I think that after every managerial change you start to hear things about improving fitness etc so i usually take these things with a pinch of salt. As others have said though, it was really noticeable how lethargic we were as a side under McKinnon.

Against part time teams we should absolutely be trying to make those extra training/recovery days show on match day, otherwise what's the point in being full time? McCracken was always big on fitness so hopefully this translates into more intensity on the park.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Is this lad just training with us or is this a Vaulks type scenario ? where we cant afford to pay him ?:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/young-goalkeeper-callum-erskine-back-at-falkirk-after-bury-nightmare-1-5057257

He's been with us since the players came back for preseason.

There are no reserve games for him to feature in so I'd guess we're just giving him facilities to keep fit, possibly with an eye on recruitment if we go up and have a reserve side again next season. Not sure though; that's just speculation on my part. We may just be looking after one of our ex-academy players.

It would be nice to see the team play a dominating high tempo pressing game along the lines you suggest. But with the exception of McManus we don't have the players to do it.
3 or 4 younger players coming in with 4 or 5 shifted out then maybe.
We should have worked the stamina out of the opposition in games and increasing the goal average in the last 20 minutes of games.
But we are where we are and must work with what we have got until the management situation is sorted.
Don't agree with that at all. Despite having an 'aging' team they are all fully time professionals playing against mostly part time players. I think this team (hopefully) lacks abit of passion and fight from the manager(s) as much as anything!

11 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Well M AND M weren’t wrong about the intensity of the training. I watched them a few times with McKinnon and it was like a Sunday picnic compared to this. Smiles on their faces to.

Dixon in beast mode.

Is it coincidental that the clown Mark Campbell said on his Twitter page that he is a recovering M and M addict.  Now we have our management duo as such

We really have missed out on MC taking over. His riches would have taken us to a new level. Markell Group posted their numbers and his £10m Profit has for some strange reason turned into a 45k loss.

[emoji23]

30 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We really have missed out on MC taking over. His riches would have taken us to a new level. Markell Group posted their numbers and his £10m Profit has for some strange reason turned into a 45k loss.

emoji23.png

He's like Midas in reverse ..😂

[emoji23]

Aye, but come on, surely he is still worth a punt.

[emoji23]
Just a dummy company, the 45k loss is prob his leagal fees....lets see how truthfull the BOD/MSG are with share holders at the AGM.

[emoji23]
Paid someone* to run his twitter IMO.

*About 27 teenagers.

Was watching some English Championship season review rubbish on sky the other night, up popped Conor Sammon scoring for a decent Ipswich team. Really wasn't long ago he was at a very decent level, and he still seems as fit now. He really should be absolutely flying in this league given the right service, and is why I get pissed off when we don't utilise him properly/people write him off. Admittedly he hasn't been prolific apart from the Killie season where he got his English move..maybe we shouldn't be expecting more.

8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Was watching some English Championship season review rubbish on sky the other night, up popped Conor Sammon scoring for a decent Ipswich team. Really wasn't long ago he was at a very decent level, and he still seems as fit now. He really should be absolutely flying in this league given the right service, and is why I get pissed off when we don't utilise him properly/people write him off. Admittedly he hasn't been prolific apart from the Killie season where he got his English move..maybe we shouldn't be expecting more.

His goals to games ration across his career almost 1 goal every 5 games, that's poor for a striker. I think he's been dining out on his time at Killie for many years.

Agree he should be doing a lot better at our level but high balls up to him was never his game.  Maybe that will change with the new management.   

He’s like most of them end of career jobbers just taking a wage and making sure they don’t get injured for as long as possible . We need some younger blood in January I find it difficult to associate with a bunch of journeymen who dint really give a Gucci

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

He’s like most of them end of career jobbers just taking a wage and making sure they don’t get injured for as long as possible . We need some younger blood in January I find it difficult to associate with a bunch of journeymen who dint really give a Gucci

You make a good point. They are there to pick up a wage and a bit of security. However they should be motivated to produce the goods on the park and show the right attitude in training. For no other reason they might get a contract extension or attract interest from another club. I have always thought some of the players were going through the motions thinking they were going to cruise the league - oh how wrong they were.

M&M I think will sort out the lethergy