The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Sorry I thought it was sarcasm , not an attempt at it.

But thanks for putting me right,  in your role as sole arbiter on what is and what isn't.

Can I just apologize to the whole of the Pie & Bovril community for my attempt, I will never do this again - please do not ban me or give me little credit.

Oh well ! all right then ! Thou are absolved.

Don't do it again ' or I will ridicule you a second time.  ' ( copyright Monty Python and the Holy Grail )

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

If I didn’t understand, it probably because it comes across as gibberish.
There’s too many on here that are negative re every single aspect of the club and will take the opposite position of the board, as an example, irrespective of right or wrong.
I’m not a fan of the current dysfunctional board and would like to see change, but not at all cost and frankly nothing Ive seen on the table to date impressed me that much. I actually breathe easier because we didn’t embark on a change a few weeks ago.
Much of the criticism IS justified, but sometimes on every aspect, it comes across from you and one or two others as just having another go just for the sake of it....

Sorry if it coms across as gibberish , I did try my best;

What if it' s a win-lose-draw - what then? - Plenty have stated they should have three matches/a couple of weeks, my question what if it's a mixed bag of results in that short time?  
What if the players don't fancy the training , they know M&M will  be gone in a month if they don't perform - Players across the country can get managers the sack, we have even seen it our own club when players have downed tools to get rid. If they know M&M are being judged over a few matches it would be easy for them.

What a ridiculous situation to put us in - during the most important season in years. - We have to get up this season , I would have thought that was bleedin' obvious.
Well done yet again our BOD - at least you are consistent , plumbers & accountants trying to run a football club - I don't really need to add to this & I don't want to upset you further.

Hopefully it's less gibberish for you now and you can understand - if not I cannot help you further.

Sorry if it coms across as gibberish , I did try my best;  What if it' s a win-lose-draw - what then? - Plenty have stated they should have three matches/a couple of weeks, my question what if it's a mixed bag of results in that short time?  
What if the players don't fancy the training , they know M&M will  be gone in a month if they don't perform - Players across the country can get managers the sack, we have even seen it our own club when players have downed tools to get rid. If they know M&M are being judged over a few matches it would be easy for them. What a ridiculous situation to put us in - during the most important season in years. - We have to get up this season , I would have thought that was bleedin' obvious.
Well done yet again our BOD - at least you are consistent , plumbers & accountants trying to run a football club - I don't really need to add to this & I don't want to upset you further. Hopefully it's less gibberish for you now and you can understand - if not I cannot help you further.  

Lots of ‘What ifs’....but isn’t that the point? Trying to gather as much information as possible to make an informed decision.

Re the current managers, if the players don’t fancy the training then perhaps they are not right for a permanent position. So we are looking at other options in parallel to replace if needed, but your solution appears to be appoint them now to the end of the season. Why?

‘What if the results are inconclusive?’ Look at the reasons why. Is it the co-managers inexperience or players that need replacing and what are the managers plans. Then decide if they are right to remain in position.

‘What a ridiculous situation to put up us in?’ Only in the respect that they took so long to get rid of McKinnon. Now that they have they appear to be doing the tight thing to me.

25 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Lots of ‘What ifs’....but isn’t that the point? Trying to gather as much information as possible to make an informed decision.

Re the current managers, if the players don’t fancy the training then perhaps they are not right for a permanent position. So we are looking at other options in parallel to replace if needed, but your solution appears to be appoint them now to the end of the season. Why?

‘What if the results are inconclusive?’ Look at the reasons why. Is it the co-managers inexperience or players that need replacing and what are the managers plans. Then decide if they are right to remain in position.

‘What a ridiculous situation to put up us in?’ Only in the respect that they took so long to get rid of McKinnon. Now that they have they appear to be doing the tight thing to me.

I certainly wouldve given them to at least the end of the year and then taken stock. You can still put feelers out re who would be interested in taking the job if necessary. Its different if u are promoting a couple of guys from within to do the job but the fact that we're getting guys in from two other clubs to do a temp post kind of muddies the water a bit. Its obvious though that lex and his crew basically see this as a no lose situation. If they do well its seen as a master stroke and if they dont they punt them and get someone else in.

26 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It's not my solution, it's pretty much what every other club does. If you have faith in them and claim to support them then give them the job until the end of the season. Not just a couple of weeks for God's sake.

This parallel recruitment process seems distracting, unhelpful and a bit disrespectful to both the guys in the job and the successful candidate who might never get it. 

I’d give M&M the job now and allow them to make some changes in January. For me a bigger risk would be to bring someone else now.

They have beaten Linlithgow and Stranraer. With respect you probably could have got two off hear, shoved them in the dugout and we would have won.

TBF on them they have changed the system and have got more out of 3/4 players than the previous manager. However we should wait and see what the next 2/3 game bring before making our mind up. Whatever happens I would only give them to the end of the season anyway.

1 hour ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

Maybe the board have somebody lined up as manager  but cannot announce till his contract is up in the summer  with another club.   Lee & Cracks might be part of his wish list backroom staff or then again maybe not. Who knows , expect the unexpected

Feck sake do u really think lex and ghe rest of his cronies have thst kind of planning in them?  I wouldnt trust then to run a bath.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They have beaten Linlithgow and Stranraer. With respect you probably could have got two off hear, shoved them in the dugout and we would have won.

I think a lot of folk are forgetting this.

I'm tentatively excited and will give them both a chance, but it was Linlithgow and Stranraer, FFS.

Guest Ecosse83
31 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I think a lot of folk are forgetting this.

I'm tentatively excited and will give them both a chance, but it was Linlithgow and Stranraer, FFS.

Yep now they need to hit the dizzy heights of beating Raith Rovers and Airdrieonians 🤪

26 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ex Bairns update:

Patrick Brough scored for Barrow at the weekend, while Botti Biabi and Ryan Blair have signed for Stenny! 😕

I never grew to dislike Paddy Brough. Seemed like a good guy. Dramatic fall from grace for Ryan Blair though.

3 hours ago, brokeville said:

Regardless of who we played we won.
Ray’s team would have managed a couple of 0-0’s no doubt.

We’ve already beaten Stranraer away from home 3-0 under Ray... 

Ray would have won both games comfortably. Next Saturday away to East Fife is the first real test for M&M.

Edited by wee_bairn