The Falkirk FC Thread

Going to be another blockbuster AGM.

They really are a state, how interm is LM chairmanship? Are the MSG still looking to sell some or all of their shares? Who thought it was a good idea to wheel MC out to the fans before any DD? All questions they need to answer. If they have decided not to sell, there has to be a major cull in the boardroom, need people in there who are at least semi competent.

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:17, Stuperman01 said:

Not in my opinion we need to get out of this league and we have players like the ones you mentioned struggling to find form and fans getting on their backs. Given the situation we are in it wouldn't be good a good environment for blooding youngsters in. Maybe 1/2 to sit in the bench but that's about it. Priority has to be getting out this league and we wouldn't be doing that with a team full of academy players. 

Can't it be both? We've had home games against Dumbarton, Forfar and Peterhead where we've been at least 2 goals up at HT, Stranraer away when the game was done on 67' and Linlithgow where we were comfortable the whole 2nd half. Plenty minutes for a couple of youth players if we had any.

14 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Even after tonight’s results, there will still be fans of other teams in this league who believe this league is of a really high standard.

Nah, more like it’s not the pure shite some suggest. The games last night were in terrible conditions, and the play and score showed that. I’ll not argue for a minute that there’s a high standard of football in League One, but a bus load of people saying the level is worse than park league football are deluding themselves.

Is there a better online source than Companies House for financials and reports?

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

Monumental losses I’ve been told, and if true, the current new loses to be reported new year are insurmountable. Seriously worrying and grave times.

Is this really coming as a surprise to anyone? Dropped down a league, sacked a management team and cost us for the replacement (if that's included in the accounts?), released a number of players. Did anyone really expect us to post a profit? 

13 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nah, more like it’s not the pure shite some suggest. The games last night were in terrible conditions, and the play and score showed that. I’ll not argue for a minute that there’s a high standard of football in League One, but a bus load of people saying the level is worse than park league football are deluding themselves.

Is there a better online source than Companies House for financials and reports?

The fact we've been dreadful but are only 3 points off the top sums the league up I'm afraid.

Who's paid for the new astro pitch and are those costs included in the £600k?

Nothing to do with the clubs accounts. Foundation built it with their funds, grants and a loan

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Nothing to do with the clubs accounts. Foundation built it with their funds, grants and a loan

Thats defo the case. I don't think they were very happy when Mr Campbell came in and tried to tell them he wanted to knock down their pitch to build his hotel etc when they had just taken out a loan to pay for the whole bloody thing.

I didn’t think we had much, if any, cash in the bank. So who’s funding this overspend and who is the club liable to settle this with?
Interesting how close this coincides with the attempt to dilute shares and bring in around 800k through fan contributions. Wonder what happened to that?

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I didn’t think we had much, if any, cash in the bank. So who’s funding this overspend and who is the club liable to settle this with?
Interesting how close this coincides with the attempt to dilute shares and bring in around 800k through fan contributions. Wonder what happened to that?

And perhaps shows why they had such a desperation for Mark Campbell to be the fairy godmother when he was actually feckin buttons.