The Falkirk FC Thread

Well at least the two from fife could only manage a point tonight, so top four split by only three points. If we ever needed a kick on........

Must admit I was surprised when I saw that, but, not going to complain one bit. Did expect Raith to take something from Forfar; as opposed to a draw. Although, I reckon east fife and Clyde would’ve had a draw written all over it.

26 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Good luck to David McCracken at Falkirk. Hopefully he can help them win the league and gets kept on but if not he will be welcomed back at Peterhead -

https://www.peterheadfc.com/news/item/2699-david-mccracken-thanks-blue-toon

That’s very classy from peterhead to let him go and understand it’s an interim position and may be back soon so can keep his position open for him

Hopefully M&M aren’t freaked out at the thought of actually winning the league. Their hapless predecessor fell to bits every time he was faced with a bit of expectation.

Even after tonight’s results, there will still be fans of other teams in this league who believe this league is of a really high standard.
The Kenny Shiels story is a non-starter. Not even worth keeping an eye on.

No, buts it’s funny to see him reeking of desperation, desperate to make right with a club he criticised to the hilt, to take on a role where he’d be loathed, because his career is slipping down the pan......

Well I don't think M&M will be replaced unless they turn out to be a terrible appointment.

Puts the board in a rather awkward position if someone they like applies and says all the right things in an interview.

I'm unsure what the board actually want to happen here as it seems the best case scenario is either nobody worth a sook applies or M&M are a dream team.

If the BoD are giving M&M until the end of the year, then obviously results will dictate if they get the permanent jobs or not. Of the next 5 games I would say that 4 of them are loseable. No disrespect to Stranraer, but we seem to have their measure this season. Although Montrose had a bad cup result they were in a good bit of league form, and the other three games are teams we have failed to beat so far this season. It is a big ask, but if we get maximum points it would be a bit of a kick in the baws to not give M&M the permanent jobs. Of course it might also depend on who applies for the manager's job, there might be an exceptional candidate who would be hard to refuse.

As many people have already said, if there is a wrong decision to be made then we can usually rely on our BoD to make it. 

10 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

If the BoD are giving M&M until the end of the year, then obviously results will dictate if they get the permanent jobs or not. Of the next 5 games I would say that 4 of them are loseable. No disrespect to Stranraer, but we seem to have their measure this season. Although Montrose had a bad cup result they were in a good bit of league form, and the other three games are teams we have failed to beat so far this season. It is a big ask, but if we get maximum points it would be a bit of a kick in the baws to not give M&M the permanent jobs. Of course it might also depend on who applies for the manager's job, there might be an exceptional candidate who would be hard to refuse.

As many people have already said, if there is a wrong decision to be made then we can usually rely on our BoD to make it. 

Well going by reports the balance sheets are out today and are pretty dire reading. I'll need to have a decent look when I get home later but hardly surprising with these clowns in charge.