The Falkirk FC Thread

You think we'd beat Arbroath? Not so sure tbh. Would see ut as a good yardstick game if we were plain sailing at the top of the league but as we are, I see it being no more than a pish way to go out of the cup for no money.

You said we would get bodied. I think it would be close, we won’t get bodied, especially if we have added a few in January

You think we'd beat Arbroath? Not so sure tbh. Would see ut as a good yardstick game if we were plain sailing at the top of the league but as we are, I see it being no more than a pish way to go out of the cup for no money.

Under a good manager, I’d fancy us against Arbroath.
Remains to be seen who will be in charge and what squad changes we will make, so too many unknowns to make a solid prediction atm.
More confident than I would have been a week ago though.....

I'd fancy us against that Arbroath side tbh 
Arbroath are a good side, especially at home. There's a reason they are sitting where they are in the Championship (5th, one point behind Dundee and only 4 points off 2nd btw). I'd back them at home against most teams from the Championship, let alone League One.

Arbroath are exactly the kind of side we've been struggling against all season.  A team thats up for it well organised and forces you to roll up the sleeves and win the battle.  If it was happening this weekend I'd give us little chance but hopefully by January we'll have brought in some players with bottle to replace some of the shitebags we have on the books.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 22:46, Stainrod said:
On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 20:05, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry but you are 100% wrong when it comes to access to indoor facility. That is only a stipulation for the top tier Academies. 6 months before we announced it was closing we had decided to go with tier two. That was an approx cost of £130k/year. The club had a guarantee of this cost being covered for 3 years.

It was closed for one reason and one reason only. The Board has decided to pump every penny it had into the Hartley project. It failed, we have no fall back and starting it again isn’t a five minute job.

I understand but in tier 2 you would run the very high risk of the better boys leaving or not joining in the first place.My friends grandson was in the old acadamy up until age 13 ,by then you knew who the top players were and most parents I met I know would push their kids to play at tier one even if it meant driving to Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Hasn't that always been the case, even before Project Brave put that label on academies? The bigger clubs will snap up a lot of the talent at younger ages. Our success with the academy was always providing a clear path to the first team and that would still be the case.

2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Hasn't that always been the case, even before Project Brave put that label on academies? The bigger clubs will snap up a lot of the talent at younger ages. Our success with the academy was always providing a clear path to the first team and that would still be the case.

Correct. All that rubbish about losing the best players etc is utter pish. Look at the likes of Raith. They aren't even second tier and yet are bringing through young talent like the boy Bowie. Unfortunately the great name of our academy is now in tatters after the shambolic way it was shut . You wonder if many people round these parts will trust the club again after that.