The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, champions said:

This needs to be asked at the next AGM, we do still have community teams but I've no idea what age group these go up to, and I assume any player that shows promise will be snapped up by pro youth/academy setup.

An absolute disgrace that the Academy was closed, theres maybe even an argument that we wouldn't be where we are if we hadn't closed it.

I wouldnt be surprised if CC told her the costs and risks to the club was a way of scaremongering to cut costs at the club hence the reasons they cut it or a bid by the MSG to save/avoid putting anymore of their own money into the club.

We've basically became a team of journeymen.

Just now, AL-FFC said:

I wouldnt be surprised if CC told her the costs and risks to the club was a way of scaremongering to cut costs at the club hence the reasons they cut it or a bid by the MSG to save/avoid putting anymore of their own money into the club.

We've basically became a team of journeymen.

Agreed. Quite possibly the biggest mistake by our MSG/BoD out of the lengthy list of ballsups.

What I’d add, Doyle was on the back post, shouted on someone to pick up the lithgae 14, instead of staying on the back post he came off. If he had stayed then they aren’t scoring at the back post.

Right. So are you trying to say he should’ve stayed and left the man?

This needs to be asked at the next AGM, we do still have community teams but I've no idea what age group these go up to, and I assume any player that shows promise will be snapped up by pro youth/academy setup.
An absolute disgrace that the Academy was closed, theres maybe even an argument that we wouldn't be where we are if we hadn't closed it.

The Foundation doesn’t produce Academy standard players

Right. So are you trying to say he should’ve stayed and left the man?

Clearly, we left no one up front, there was spare men as to not sacrifice his place on the post. To be fair, Doyle could’ve been on the post and it still would’ve went in seeing as he’s as useful as a chocolate teapot

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I reckon your right on that and even if we do go up there are players that arent good enough even at championship level.

They really need to see if we can start the academy again even if it could be ran at a lower budget but we need something.

If we do start an academy it has to have the finance and the long term commitment. There will not be a first team player for 8- 9 years minimum.

The board at present will not invest in something that has such a long payback.

I've said this a few times but the vast, vast majority of folk upset about the academy being closed are mums and dads who can't tell their mates that their laddie plays for Falkirk any more.

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've said this a few times but the vast, vast majority of folk upset about the academy being closed are mums and dads who can't tell their mates that their laddie plays for Falkirk any more.

Utter shite.  There is far more of a connection to someone who has worked their way through the ranks compared to some journeyman.  

Additionally youths can supplement the first team, even become a regular and move on for money, alternatively you may get someone like andy Lawrie who isnt really good enough for a big move but will give you a good 5 or 6 years service, that then saves you having to constantly bring in whole new squads every season.

Missed interview what did Dixon do wrong that do many people are against him?
Dixon has been poor all season but he played very well last night and deservedly one mom.playing in a five he was my h further up the park and put in lots of better crosses.Credit should be given when its due .

The MSG have got 2 decisions right. Saying cheerio to fantasist Mark Campbell, and getting rid of McKinnon.

Time will tell wrt M&M, but it’s unlikely even if they are seen as good guys that they will be given the honeymoon period that McKinnon enjoyed. For the “try before you buy” nature of their appointment, it’s sensible enough, and certainly isn’t a howlingly bad decision.

There’s so many other things that are crying out to be fixed. There are very few clubs that has the ownership repeatedly insult its customers, and yet seemingly get away with it.
That isn’t going to last much longer, and be it one or two or all of them, it needs to change. If not, they are taking FFC on to their very own version of a Gerald Ratner moment.

It’s been a good week or two.
Mark Campbell gone.
McKinnon gone.
Club legends in charge
4-1 Away win
And now the Pars and Morton embarrassing championship football [emoji3]
I was more stunned that the Galacticos of East Fife were beaten at home by BSC Glasgow.

I doubt the lad that threads needles from 60 yards wasnt playing....

Have you not noticed a change of atmosphere around the club and fan disconnection that’s coincides with the closure of the Academy?
No one that’s played for us under Hartley or McKinnon will ever have the club legend status of Alston, Sibbald, Kerr or Miller for example. Nor will anyone care much if any of the current journeymen left the club tomorrow.
That’s no coincidence